Night Scene 737NG "OH SH**T handle explanation

Folks,

Thre are two, one for the pilot and one for the co-pilot :) There ain't
any explanation for them :) Nothing in the manual so we proably have it as
right as anybody HA!

http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Oh_ShT_handles.jpg
14 answers Last reply
More about night scene 737ng handle explanation

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:29:08 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
    brought the following to our attention:

    >Folks,
    >
    >Thre are two, one for the pilot and one for the co-pilot :) There ain't
    >any explanation for them :) Nothing in the manual so we proably have it as
    >right as anybody HA!
    >
    >http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Oh_ShT_handles.jpg

    Awww.. now you're getting down-right silly!! they're simply to grab
    onto when climbing out of the pilot (and copilot) seats.. and when
    climbing into the seats as well. Those are some tight quarters.

    -G

    Likely true, but wouldn't you think they'd retract into the ceiling a bit
    when not in use? I would hate to have them hanging in my face during a long
    trip.

    Arthur

    "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message

    > Awww.. now you're getting down-right silly!! they're simply to grab
    > onto when climbing out of the pilot (and copilot) seats.. and when
    > climbing into the seats as well. Those are some tight quarters.
    >
    > -G

    I think some are hinged.. and don't you get tired of that
    rear-view mirror clogging up windshield space!!

    -g

    On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:30:14 -0400, "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com>
    brought the following to our attention:

    >Likely true, but wouldn't you think they'd retract into the ceiling a bit
    >when not in use? I would hate to have them hanging in my face during
    >a long
    >trip.
    >

    >Arthur
    >
    >"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> Awww.. now you're getting down-right silly!! they're simply to grab
    >> onto when climbing out of the pilot (and copilot) seats.. and when
    >> climbing into the seats as well. Those are some tight quarters.
    >>
    >> -G

    Here might be another use for the OH S**T bars:

    http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Oh_ShT_handlesDice.jpg

    Mike
    "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > Folks,
    >
    > Thre are two, one for the pilot and one for the co-pilot :) There ain't
    > any explanation for them :) Nothing in the manual so we proably have it
    > as right as anybody HA!
    >
    > http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Oh_ShT_handles.jpg

    Uhhhhh...........no.

    > I think some are hinged.. and don't you get tired of that
    > rear-view mirror clogging up windshield space!!
    >

    >>> -G

    Hey, This may be the ultimae use for the OS bar :)

    http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/UltimateUse.jpg

    "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > Folks,
    >
    > Thre are two, one for the pilot and one for the co-pilot :) There ain't
    > any explanation for them :) Nothing in the manual so we proably have it
    > as right as anybody HA!
    >
    > http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Oh_ShT_handles.jpg

    You know, it is funny but I did not notice these things during any of my
    flights.
    Mike

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:51:23 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
    brought the following to our attention:

    >You know, its funny but I didnt notice these things during any of my flights.
    >Mike

    me neither.. here's my left-seat handle..
    http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Boeing_handle.jpg (98k)

    so ya want to see the whole `beast panel'.. on final into LAX..
    http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/whole_panel.jpg (190k)

    That handle is rather large.. but not in the way really. Is it ever
    enjoyable to fly the ol' Boeing in FlightSim. Only wish the young guys
    had a chance to catch a ride on her for real. Those were the days..!!
    It was `technology from our space program.' { in that newsreel voice }

    -G

    p.s. yep the panel cap isnt shaped right but chopped for better view..

    >"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:29:08 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
    >> brought the following to our attention:
    >>
    >>>Folks,
    >>>
    >>>Thre are two, one for the pilot and one for the co-pilot :) There ain't
    >>>any explanation for them :) Nothing in the manual so we proably have it
    >>>as right as anybody HA!
    >>>
    >>>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Oh_ShT_handles.jpg
    >>>

    >> Awww.. now you're getting down-right silly!! they're simply to grab
    >> onto when climbing out of the pilot (and copilot) seats.. and when
    >> climbing into the seats as well. Those are some tight quarters.
    >>
    >> -G

    No, definitely not. Could you imagine to stow, release, stow again, release
    again etc. thoughout the day? :-))))
    And think about weight penalty. But I must also add that on other A/C the
    handles are in a somewhat more decent place as e.g. in the Airbuses, where
    it is buried in the ceiling.
    --
    Oskar Wagner
    (retired Captain)

    Remember, in the great scheme of things, we're all small potatoes....

    "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Likely true, but wouldn't you think they'd retract into the ceiling a bit
    > when not in use? I would hate to have them hanging in my face during a
    > long trip.
    >

    > Arthur
    >
    > "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
    >

    >> Awww.. now you're getting down-right silly!! they're simply to grab
    >> onto when climbing out of the pilot (and copilot) seats.. and when
    >> climbing into the seats as well. Those are some tight quarters.
    >>
    >> -G

    SWL

    (screaming with laughter)

    But, you forgot the most important thing...

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Screenies/Oh_ShT_handlesDicePlus.jpg

    Dalli

    HA HA HA! ...How quaint, Dallas! The perfect touch (and maybe much
    needed )

    I can tell we probably relate to those dice. I had some in a '57 Chevy few
    decades ago :)

    Mike
    > SWL
    >
    > (screaming with laughter)
    >
    > But, you forgot the most important thing...
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Screenies/Oh_ShT_handlesDicePlus.jpg
    >
    > Dalli

    Hell, you did good! I just had a Rochester two barrel in the old Chevy.
    The automatic transimission was a TWO SPEED Power Glide, I believe. It
    shifted one time at 15 mph and it easily ran past 100 in the second gear.
    But how would I know :)

    Nice sound too. In fact, darned nice with the 283 V8 and straight exhaust
    pipes.

    > "mikepic"
    >> I can tell we probably relate to those dice. I had some in a '57 Chevy
    > few
    >> decades ago :)
    >
    > Mag wheels, Hearst shifter and Tuck & Roll upholstery too?
    >
    > :)
    >
    > Dallas

    "mikepic"
    > Hell, you did good! I just had a Rochester two barrel in the old Chevy.
    > The automatic transimission was a TWO SPEED Power Glide,

    Did you own it in 1957 as a new car? Or was this one of those "American
    Graffiti" 1960's things?

    Dallas

    Nope, did not own it as a new car. I picked one up about 15 years ago. It
    was a 4 door hardtop and red body. Nice looking car. Drove great and had
    the engine re-built. Ran great and had that classic deep throaty sound.
    That 283 was a very smooth running engine. It looked good on the street and
    turned a lot of heads as it went by. That's the fun part. Had to sell it
    about 10 years ago. I put 50,000 miles on the thing!

    Did you have one?

    > "mikepic"
    >> Hell, you did good! I just had a Rochester two barrel in the old Chevy.
    >> The automatic transimission was a TWO SPEED Power Glide,
    >
    > Did you own it in 1957 as a new car? Or was this one of those "American
    > Graffiti" 1960's things?
    >

    > Dallas

Games Microsoft Video Games