cfg problem solved created another

Thanks to Katy for replying to my query about scenery.cfg. FSM recognized
it but could not fix. So I uninstalled FS2002 and re-installed. That
problem is now resolved (it seems when installing some addons, I mistakenly
deleted a couple of empty folders in Addon Scenery:Scenery and Texture).

I expected that I would have to put back the various addons after
re-installing, but the files (eg. for msrrnds3 and Aeropelican) are still
there, as is a C172 addon. So, I added the scenery addons back into scenery
library areas, and then went to the relevant places. However, they are not
showing as they should - white blocks of various sizes instead of hills,
trees etc. It makes me wonder whether stuff like novatx and Gerrish Gray
trees are also likely to be still there and OK or not.

So, could you experienced people enlighten me what might be going on and how
I can start from scratch, as uninstalling FS is apparently not enough.

Thanks in advance.

JohnSP

>Thanks to Katy for replying to my query about scenery.cfg. FSM recognized
>it but could not fix. So I uninstalled FS2002 and re-installed. That
>problem is now resolved (it seems when installing some addons, I mistakenly
>deleted a couple of empty folders in Addon Scenery:Scenery and Texture).
>
>I expected that I would have to put back the various addons after
>re-installing, but the files (eg. for msrrnds3 and Aeropelican) are still
>there, as is a C172 addon. So, I added the scenery addons back into scenery
>library areas, and then went to the relevant places. However, they are not
>showing as they should - white blocks of various sizes instead of hills,
>trees etc. It makes me wonder whether stuff like novatx and Gerrish Gray
>trees are also likely to be still there and OK or not.
>
>So, could you experienced people enlighten me what might be going on and how
>I can start from scratch, as uninstalling FS is apparently not enough.

You may be missing some textures, check flightsim.com for the
essentials like Gerrish trees, NOVA, ASD etc

===
All the best!
Katy Pluta

> You may be missing some textures, check flightsim.com for the
> essentials like Gerrish trees, NOVA, ASD etc
>
> ===
> All the best!
> Katy Pluta

Tell me about it! A couple of us have been searching for these missing
textures for months now, with no results :-(

--
Sincerely,
Quilljar

Thanks, but I am still puzzled. If I uninstall, doesn't everything go? How
do the addon files get there when I re-install Fs from its CDs? I didn't
put them back.

JohnSP

"Katy Pluta" <katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
> >Thanks to Katy for replying to my query about scenery.cfg. FSM
> >recognized
>>it but could not fix. So I uninstalled FS2002 and re-installed. That
>>problem is now resolved (it seems when installing some addons, I
>>mistakenly
>>deleted a couple of empty folders in Addon Scenery:Scenery and Texture).
>>
>>I expected that I would have to put back the various addons after
>>re-installing, but the files (eg. for msrrnds3 and Aeropelican) are still
>>there, as is a C172 addon. So, I added the scenery addons back into
>>scenery
>>library areas, and then went to the relevant places. However, they are
>>not
>>showing as they should - white blocks of various sizes instead of hills,
>>trees etc. It makes me wonder whether stuff like novatx and Gerrish Gray
>>trees are also likely to be still there and OK or not.
>>
>>So, could you experienced people enlighten me what might be going on and
>>how
>>I can start from scratch, as uninstalling FS is apparently not enough.
>
> You may be missing some textures, check flightsim.com for the
> essentials like Gerrish trees, NOVA, ASD etc
>
> ===
> All the best!
> Katy Pluta

>Thanks, but I am still puzzled. If I uninstall, doesn't everything go? How
>do the addon files get there when I re-install Fs from its CDs? I didn't
>put them back.

Because FS does not un-install files that were not part of it
obviously, but specific settings in the cfg files (fs9, scenery,
devices etc) will be reset as those files were originally installed by
FS, removed and recreated...

===
All the best!
Katy Pluta

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:43:34 GMT, "JohnSP" <petriejj@bigpond.com>
wrote:

>Thanks to Katy for replying to my query about scenery.cfg. FSM recognized
>it but could not fix. So I uninstalled FS2002 and re-installed. That
>problem is now resolved (it seems when installing some addons, I mistakenly
>deleted a couple of empty folders in Addon Scenery:Scenery and Texture).
>
>I expected that I would have to put back the various addons after
>re-installing, but the files (eg. for msrrnds3 and Aeropelican) are still
>there, as is a C172 addon. So, I added the scenery addons back into scenery
>library areas, and then went to the relevant places. However, they are not
>showing as they should - white blocks of various sizes instead of hills,
>trees etc. It makes me wonder whether stuff like novatx and Gerrish Gray
>trees are also likely to be still there and OK or not.
>
>So, could you experienced people enlighten me what might be going on and how
>I can start from scratch, as uninstalling FS is apparently not enough.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>JohnSP

Flight Simulator Must Have Files:
http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?bZW7v01v=main/filemust.htm

Direct download links:

Including but not limited to:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 (FS2002)
Airport 2.x textures: Common scenery textures
Airport 2.x: Scenery Designer
VOD Textures: Common scenery textures
ASD 2.1 Textures: Common scenery textures
NOVA Gold Textures: Common scenery textures
NOVA Textures: Common scenery textures
Gerrish Gray's Trees: Common scenery textures
FSNavigator: Flight planner, moving map and autopilot
TrafficTools: A utility to program AI aircraft traffic
AFCAD: A utility to add gates and taxiways to airports
EditVoicepack: A utility to add missing callsigns, aircraft and
airports to ATC.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight (FS2004)
Airport 2.x textures: Common scenery textures
Airport 2.x: Scenery Designer
VOD Textures: Common scenery textures
ASD 2.1 Textures: Common scenery textures
NOVA Gold Textures: Common scenery textures
NOVA Textures: Common scenery textures
Rwy12 Object Placer: scenery design tool and object library
Gerrish Gray's Trees: Common scenery textures
FSNavigator: Flight planner, moving map and autopilot
TrafficTools: A utility to program AI aircraft traffic
AFCAD 2: A utility to add gates and taxiways to airports