Cleaning toner from fuser on HP LaserJet 4

JC

I have gotten a lot of toner onto the fuser of an HP LaserJet 4 that I
would like to clean off. Can someone tell me what to use to clean it
with. I have tried isopropyl alc0hol, acetone and liquid freon. Can
someone tell me what they have used and worked.

Go to www.anderson-tech.com and give the toll free number a call. Mr.
Anderson can help you with your problem.

"JC" <Eat@Joes.com> wrote in message
> I have gotten a lot of toner onto the fuser of an HP LaserJet 4 that I
> would like to clean off. Can someone tell me what to use to clean it
> with. I have tried isopropyl alc0hol, acetone and liquid freon. Can
> someone tell me what they have used and worked.

Not that it's the right way to do it, but I used to clean it off by rubbing
with a pencil eraser. Chemicals won't disolve baked on carbon and will
probably damage the coating on the roller.

Craig

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:43:59 -0600, JC <Eat@Joes.com> wrote:

>I have gotten a lot of toner onto the fuser of an HP LaserJet 4 that I
>would like to clean off. Can someone tell me what to use to clean it
>with. I have tried isopropyl alc0hol, acetone and liquid freon. Can
>someone tell me what they have used and worked.

Thanks to everyone who replied and offered suggestions.

I have ordered a new fuser assembly I found on ebay.