sp 2 help

September 24, 2004 8:17:49 AM

i cant access any secure site such as a bank to view my account i get the
page cannot be displayed screen i contacted the bank and they tried to help
but couldn't fix it i cleared the cache the files and history eliminated my
favorite link and went in from their home page but i still cant get in and
they have exhausted their options please help

More about : question

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 9:53:55 AM

Hi David,

Try the advanced steps here:

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Complete MSN Sign-up or
Connect to SSL Secured (128-Bit) Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"david damelio" <ddamelio@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
news:o 0Wg57goEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>i cant access any secure site such as a bank to view my account i get the
>page cannot be displayed screen i contacted the bank and they tried to help
>but couldn't fix it i cleared the cache the files and history eliminated my
>favorite link and went in from their home page but i still cant get in and
>they have exhausted their options please help

September 24, 2004 1:45:49 PM

"david damelio" <ddamelio@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
news:o 0Wg57goEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> i cant access any secure site such as a bank to view my account i get the
> page cannot be displayed screen i contacted the bank and they tried to
help
> but couldn't fix it i cleared the cache the files and history eliminated
my
> favorite link and went in from their home page but i still cant get in and
> they have exhausted their options please help

I just d/loaded sp2 this morning. After reading your post I checked my
online banking and like you I couldn't get into my page. I have uninstalled
sp2 and all ok again
Noreen
!