how about a 3.2hr flight across Europe?

GREGORY

Seems to be kinda' an OT day.. so here's a route if you're interested.
Last weekend the remains of the hurricane A swept thru the NE USA and
drenched up.. so a nice late-afternoon trip was planned. Used FSNav
with SIDs / STARs and hi-ALT airways.

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Athens_London_1360nm.gif

Starts out in Athens and climbs over Peloponesia.. turning northerly
along the Greek coast crossing Corfu. Then thru the Straights of
Otranto and up the Adriatic Sea (central hi-Alt airway). Deviated
however, along the Italian coast.. but one could just as well proceed
along the Balkans coastline.. more terrain features!!

Then, step-climbing and passing west of Venice, crossing the Alps,
passing SW of Zurich, then NE of Paris, and descending over the
Channel into London.

The Super 27 Cargo used ~24,500 lbs fuel with headwinds pushing 0.84
Mach. Have many screencaps but not much room on webspace to post.

-Gregory

To get back to flying.......I'm in my 737-400 at FL290, 136nm. out of
Karachi, Pakistan, continuing my around-the-world flight which started
in LA.. Then it's back to "low and slow" around the Western US,
probably in my Piper Amphibian.\-Greg

My FS9 pauses when I run other programs. I fly my 737 when I'm busy
around the house. I have a very short attention span and am a
"multitasker". I usually take off and then when I reach cruising
altitude and speed I wait for a frequency change from Flight Control
which I acknowledge but don't actually change. That way I can wander
away from my computer, take out the garbage, rotate my tires, etc.,etc.
and occasionally check the computer and update my Flight Log without my
Flight Plan being cancelled due to lack of a response from Flight
Control.
-Greg

GREGORY

On 1 Sep 2005 11:31:54 -0700, "aakermit" <aakermit@earthlink.net>
brought the following to our attention:

>To get back to flying.......I'm in my 737-400 at FL290, 136nm. out of
>Karachi, Pakistan, continuing my around-the-world flight which started
>in LA.. Then it's back to "low and slow" around the Western US,
>probably in my Piper Amphibian.\-Greg

So is the 737 flight progressing along while you're working the
Newsgroup? or on another box? On many of the flight I listen to mp3's
in Winamp (the old v2.81) running in the background.. mostly recorded
radio shows or lectures.. but sometimes the Stones in concert on CD!!

-G

p.s. ever done the Kabul to Tehran route? haven't Simmed
that one in a year or more... some interesting terrain.

http://www.nosu.no/innhold/Felles/Deployering/Generelt/Bilder/Kabul/flyplass.JPG

if not mistaken.. tough to clear those Mts.. if that is looking west.
Best to plan a route to the south and then turn west thru the pass.

> My FS9 pauses when I run other programs.

And people told me it was a waste of time buying a X2 4400 because games
dont support it.....

No pauses here, and i can use winamp, outlook, IE, adobe reader, and play
with Paintshop WHILE FLYING. hehe :)

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> a bit worried about outgoing clients.. what else does it transmit to
> the remote host? checked out flikr and it requires a yahoo login
> id and wan't that keen on signing up. Still considering it.. but a
> resident uploader?

How about photobucket.com ?

Adam Webb wrote:
>>My FS9 pauses when I run other programs.
>

> And people told me it was a waste of time buying a X2 4400 because games
> dont support it.....
>
> No pauses here, and i can use winamp, outlook, IE, adobe reader, and play
> with Paintshop WHILE FLYING. hehe :)

True, but a single core throws out more FPS then X2 ... but for the
things you mention, a duel core is much more responsive.

Kind regards,
C_S

GREGORY

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:08:08 +0200, cool_smoe <cool_smoe@hotmail.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Adam Webb wrote:
>>>My FS9 pauses when I run other programs.
>>

>> And people told me it was a waste of time buying a X2 4400 because games
>> dont support it.....
>>
>> No pauses here, and i can use winamp, outlook, IE, adobe reader, and play
>> with Paintshop WHILE FLYING. hehe :)
>>

>True, but a single core throws out more FPS then X2 ... but for the
>things you mention, a duel core is much more responsive.

even with dual cores.. they aren't doing 100% CPU. That might indicate
a `plumbing' bottleneck. FS isn't multi-processor leveraged? is it?

-G

>Kind regards,
>C_S

Hi Gregory,

That scenery's looking nice, mate!!

Regards,
John Ward
> On 1 Sep 2005 11:31:54 -0700, "aakermit" <aakermit@earthlink.net>
> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>To get back to flying.......I'm in my 737-400 at FL290, 136nm. out of
>>Karachi, Pakistan, continuing my around-the-world flight which started
>>in LA.. Then it's back to "low and slow" around the Western US,
>>probably in my Piper Amphibian.\-Greg
>
> So is the 737 flight progressing along while you're working the
> Newsgroup? or on another box? On many of the flight I listen to mp3's
> in Winamp (the old v2.81) running in the background.. mostly recorded
> radio shows or lectures.. but sometimes the Stones in concert on CD!!
>

> -G
>
> p.s. ever done the Kabul to Tehran route? haven't Simmed
> that one in a year or more... some interesting terrain.
>
> http://www.nosu.no/innhold/Felles/Deployering/Generelt/Bilder/Kabul/flyplass.JPG
>
> if not mistaken.. tough to clear those Mts.. if that is looking west.
> Best to plan a route to the south and then turn west thru the pass.

GREGORY

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:11:20 +1000, "John Ward"
<johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:

>Hi Gregory,
>
> That scenery's looking nice, mate!!
>
>Regards,
>John Ward

You like that view John (link all the way at bottom)? was able to do
a `runway heading' to the west and clear those mountains.. even with
field temps in the low 90F range. Best to turn south (I think).. see
plan below.. turning left heading 240 before the NDB. IMHO that is.

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Kabul_depart.gif

Now for a telephoto shot somewhere southeast of the Caspian Sea.
It's TurkMun 1191, hauling cargo. Kinda' scary out there!! The camera
is 1000' away and zoomed back in. Wonder if Caspian Region buffer
mesh would help? :)

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Turkmun_I.jpg (143k)

-G

>"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>> On 1 Sep 2005 11:31:54 -0700, "aakermit" <aakermit@earthlink.net>
>> brought the following to our attention:
>>
>>>To get back to flying.......I'm in my 737-400 at FL290, 136nm. out of
>>>Karachi, Pakistan, continuing my around-the-world flight which started
>>>in LA.. Then it's back to "low and slow" around the Western US,
>>>probably in my Piper Amphibian.\-Greg
>>
>> So is the 737 flight progressing along while you're working the
>> Newsgroup? or on another box? On many of the flight I listen to mp3's
>> in Winamp (the old v2.81) running in the background.. mostly recorded
>> radio shows or lectures.. but sometimes the Stones in concert on CD!!
>>

>> -G
>>
>> p.s. ever done the Kabul to Tehran route? haven't Simmed
>> that one in a year or more... some interesting terrain.
>>
>> http://www.nosu.no/innhold/Felles/Deployering/Generelt/Bilder/Kabul/flyplass.JPG
>>
>> if not mistaken.. tough to clear those Mts.. if that is looking west.
>> Best to plan a route to the south and then turn west thru the pass.

Hi Gregory,

I reckon you're getting great results from the hardware you've got,
mate!

Regards,
John Ward
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:11:20 +1000, "John Ward"
> <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>Hi Gregory,
>>
>> That scenery's looking nice, mate!!
>>
>>Regards,
>>John Ward
>
> You like that view John (link all the way at bottom)? was able to do
> a `runway heading' to the west and clear those mountains.. even with
> field temps in the low 90F range. Best to turn south (I think).. see
> plan below.. turning left heading 240 before the NDB. IMHO that is.
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Kabul_depart.gif
>
> Now for a telephoto shot somewhere southeast of the Caspian Sea.
> It's TurkMun 1191, hauling cargo. Kinda' scary out there!! The camera
> is 1000' away and zoomed back in. Wonder if Caspian Region buffer
> mesh would help? :)
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Turkmun_I.jpg (143k)
>

> -G
>
>>"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> On 1 Sep 2005 11:31:54 -0700, "aakermit" <aakermit@earthlink.net>
>>> brought the following to our attention:

>>> So is the 737 flight progressing along while you're working the
>>> Newsgroup? or on another box? On many of the flight I listen to mp3's
>>> in Winamp (the old v2.81) running in the background.. mostly recorded
>>> radio shows or lectures.. but sometimes the Stones in concert on CD!!
>>>

>>> -G
>>>
>>> p.s. ever done the Kabul to Tehran route? haven't Simmed
>>> that one in a year or more... some interesting terrain.
>>>
>>> http://www.nosu.no/innhold/Felles/Deployering/Generelt/Bilder/Kabul/flyplass.JPG
>>>
>>> if not mistaken.. tough to clear those Mts.. if that is looking west.
>>> Best to plan a route to the south and then turn west thru the pass.

Looks like a darned nice route!
Mike