A8n32-sli Deluxe vs. A8n-sli premium or other comp. boards

thedirtybubble

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Any opinions on this board??? ...I was considering a A8N sli premium but I got some other recomendations...just trying to find out all options before I take the plung.......Pros and cons of the A8n32-sli deluxe???

Thanks to all for all the other ideas and opinions

main thing the A8N32-SLI has going for it is the 32 PCI express lanes, compared to only 16 for the A8N-SLI board. This allows 2 nvidia cards in SLI to both operate in x16 mode instead of x8 mode for both cards on the A8N-SLI. Now I know people will say this isn't really required yet since games don't take advantage of that much bandwidth, but if you're looking to future-proof your system to some degree, the A8N32-SLI would be the way to go.

thedirtybubble

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Thanks for the info..should I be concerned about what I reading about the poor set up of the board...as far as how things are arranged.

Also, would this board be a sensable if I dont ever go with two cards

Do you have an opinion a great non-sli board

Thanks again

sailer

Splendid
I have an A8N32-SLI Deluxe and I think its a better board than the A8N-SLI. There have been some problems with all ASUS boards, though these may have been taken care of by now. My first board died within a couple months, so I'm waiting to see how the second one does. I think DFI is a better board if you're into overclocking, but the A8N32 allows it also, just not as much as the DFI.

Getting a board that handles SLI well is a good thing. You may never do it, but if you decide to do it, the extra bucks paid for the board now will be better than upgrading later.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
The only problem with the board set ups are, if you use both slots with high end cards with massive coolers that take up the pci slot under them you are down to only one pci slot. So if you have a sound card you can't add any other pci cards.

If you aren't planning on SLI now you may still use that pci-e slot for a tv tuner or physix card (possibly) in the future.

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
main thing the A8N32-SLI has going for it is the 32 PCI express lanes, compared to only 16 for the A8N-SLI board. This allows 2 nvidia cards in SLI to both operate in x16 mode instead of x8 mode for both cards on the A8N-SLI. Now I know people will say this isn't really required yet since games don't take advantage of that much bandwidth, but if you're looking to future-proof your system to some degree, the A8N32-SLI would be the way to go.

As far as "future-prof"....long befor GFX cards are made that can use all the current bandwith the MB will have died (caps being the #1 reason).

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
Any opinions on this board??? ...I was considering a A8N sli premium but I got some other recomendations...just trying to find out all options before I take the plung.......Pros and cons of the A8n32-sli deluxe???

Thanks to all for all the other ideas and opinions

Get a DFI board.

thedirtybubble

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
I think I have decided to go with a Athlon 4000+ (if and when the price drops) a BFG 7900 gt ...also I am pretty confident I want to go with a NON-SLI mother board...at this point I need to get some solid top condenders to choose from...any sugestions are welcomed!!!

Thanks All