BJC3000 Magenta ink coming out Brick Red

Hi all,

Got a strange problem. I have an older BJC3000 printer which I recently
filled the cartridges with. After doing that I decided to test what the
inks looked like because prints seemed to be coming out warm.

To do this I opened Photoshop CS and created four boxes. I filled each
box with 100% of one of the CMYK colors. I then printed the document.

While the Cyan, Yellow and Black came out looking as I'd expect them to
be, the Magenta actually looked Brick Red!!!!! I emailed Canon for
suggestions, and all they could suggest would be to do a deep cleaning
and align my print heads, which I'd already done when I put the
cartridges back in. I even took the print head out and did a thorough
cleaning with printer cleaner, using Q-tips to get into the "nooks and
crannies" on the bottom.

I even went as far as to find some type of color profile for that
printer, which I could plug into my copy of PSCS, but couldn't find
anything.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, what did you do?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On 26 Mar 2005 10:19:22 -0800, robertjm@hockeyhockeyhockey.com wrote:

<snip>

>Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, what did you do?

Either:
a/ RTFM and tweak with the software provided
or
b/ print a batch of flyers for a local brick merchant