IP4000 Print Problem

Hi,

When I print pictures with large parts of black, the black comes out in a
striped pattern of light and darker black.
Anybody else have this?

Mike
10 answers Last reply
More about ip4000 print problem

    "Mike" <lunt@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > When I print pictures with large parts of black, the black comes out
    > in a striped pattern of light and darker black.
    > Anybody else have this?

    Does this happen with all brands of photo paper? Some brands don't work
    well with Canon, even though they tell you they do.

    No. What brand of ink and paper are you using?

    Mike wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >When I print pictures with large parts of black, the black comes out in a
    >striped pattern of light and darker black.
    >Anybody else have this?
    >
    >Mike

    Hi
    Thanks for the reply,

    I'm still using the original inks, and the paper is by Kodak.
    Have tried a printhead clean but the problem still arises

    Simon Lunt wrote:
    > Hi
    > Thanks for the reply,
    >
    > I'm still using the original inks, and the paper is by Kodak.

    Ah yes, Kodak. Neither of my two Canon printers works with Kodak
    Premium Photo Paper, to be exact. I get very noticeable striping -
    very visible vertical printhead (head pass) lines, just one of the
    problems with this paper. Is this your paper, Premium Photo Paper?
    Do you have access to other paper you can try? Every other paper
    I have works perfectly with these printers, even Dollar Store paper.

    If your particular problem is the same as mine - hard to say without
    seeing it - then I wouldn't be surprised as we have related printers:
    the iP4000, iP5000 and the i860. By the way, I get this striping with
    both OEM and non OEM inks. More so with the non OEM.

    -Taliesyn
    3rd party inks: print anything you can think of, with ink that costs
    next to nothing, to impress people you don't like.

    Simon Lunt wrote:
    > Hi
    > Thanks for the reply,
    >
    > I'm still using the original inks, and the paper is by Kodak.
    > Have tried a printhead clean but the problem still arises

    my first advice would be to try some other paper---try original Canon.

    Thanks for the reply,

    Just found the sample canon paper that came with the printer, and its
    printed out perfect. I would never have guessed that this was the problem.

    Many thanks again to those who replied,

    Mike

    Simon Lunt wrote:

    >Hi
    >Thanks for the reply,
    >
    >I'm still using the original inks, and the paper is by Kodak.

    People have had trouble with various Kodak papers. First try Canon
    Photo Paper Pro and choose that setting from the Print Driver. If that
    is OK you do not have a problem. I would also try Kirkland Glossy paper
    at Costco.

    measekite wrote:
    > Simon Lunt wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Thanks for the reply,
    >>
    >> I'm still using the original inks, and the paper is by Kodak.
    >>

    > People have had trouble with various Kodak papers. First try Canon
    > Photo Paper Pro and choose that setting from the Print Driver. If
    > that is OK you do not have a problem.

    I can say it comes out just great. With default settings, using Canon Easy
    Photo print program. With such result i really don't have any desire for
    anything better than ip4000.

    Mike wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > When I print pictures with large parts of black, the black comes out in a
    > striped pattern of light and darker black.
    > Anybody else have this?
    >
    > Mike

    Change the toner cartridge. If your toner is a refill, this
    happens very often.Warning: Don't do graphics with a
    refilled toner.

    Second less likely candidate: the transfer roller which
    is a black roller you will see inside the printer when
    you pull out the toner cartridge.

    happy rooster wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>When I print pictures with large parts of black, the black comes out in a
    >>striped pattern of light and darker black.
    >>Anybody else have this?
    >>
    >>Mike
    >

    > Change the toner cartridge. If your toner is a refill, this
    > happens very often.Warning: Don't do graphics with a
    > refilled toner.
    >
    > Second less likely candidate: the transfer roller which
    > is a black roller you will see inside the printer when
    > you pull out the toner cartridge.

    What the hell are you talking about? This is an inkjet printer NOT a
    laser printer.

    Mickey

Printers Light Peripherals