what CPU cooler to go with....

iceycherry

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I want a different cpu cooler than the OEM one.
I have a:
ASUS A8N 32 SLI- Deluxe
corsair 2 GB 3500LL pro the one with the LED's (2 X 1028)
AMD 64 X2 4400+

i need a different CPU cooler to keep the machine cooler better than OEM
i just need something that will fit and something that is well built and will keep my BEAST running cool. I could care less about the noise really. Of course i dont want it to make like my comp is about to take off into space.
Please help thanks
justin

crazypyro

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
the Zalman is probably the best all around cooler you can get. Scythe makes really really good heatsinks too.

If you have outstanding air flow through your case the Vapochill Micro is incredible for removing heat from the CPU, but if you don't have good airflow your case will heat up, and if you have an aluminum case it will be hot to touch.

mcgruff

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I soometimes wish the mods would put "Zalman 9500" in the banned words filter. It's not a bad cooler but it is expensive. You can get similar cooling performance much more cheaply with an Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro. The Zalman is also noisy in comparison to the best from Scythe (Mine/Ninja). Noise isn't an issue for the OP but the latter have better cooling performance and are also cheaper. I can't think of any reason why I'd want to buy the Zalman.

madshrimps heatsink comparison