KMEM afcad file

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 2, 2005 7:11:25 AM

Somehow I noticed I have an additional runway at KMEM.
I have a 17 right next to 18R. I dont know what I did to cause this.
I re-installed some 3rd party upgrade (AFCAD) and Runway 17 is no longer
there..
Is there a way to find the origional KMEM file to restore it to stock?

THX

BS

More about : kmem afcad file

September 2, 2005 9:15:40 AM

"SIMON"
> Is there a way to find the origional KMEM file to restore it to stock?

All AFCAD files have file names that begin with AF2_

Search your FS9 folder for AF2_* and you'll find all your AFCAD files.
Hopefully you'll find an AFCAD file in the suspect add on scenery's folder.

Here's the part I'm not sure about, I believe it you delete that file the
system will go back to the default?

In any case, move the file out of the FS9 folder entirely and test your
work. If it doesn't work, put the file back and wait for someone else to
answer.

Dallas
September 2, 2005 9:23:58 AM

"Dallas"
> > Is there a way to find the origional KMEM file to restore it to stock?

After a second look at how things are done, if you have an AFCAD file for
KMEM it would likely be named AF2_KMEM.bgl. So search for this file and
move it if you find it.

Dallas
September 2, 2005 3:46:21 PM

The addon scenery I jsut installed has an AF2_KMEM file.. The airport config
is correct with the added scenery. The problem is when I remove the
scenery, the "stock" Memphis airport has the 17 runway.. . The 17 runway
still shows up as a selectable menu also when I use the "go to airport"
feature. For some reason my stock KMEM scenery is not correct.. What file
effects this.. IS is located somewhere on one of my FS9 Disks?

news:o lRRe.4909$Wd7.2414@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

> "Dallas"
>> > Is there a way to find the origional KMEM file to restore it to stock?
>
> After a second look at how things are done, if you have an AFCAD file for
> KMEM it would likely be named AF2_KMEM.bgl. So search for this file and
> move it if you find it.
>
> Dallas

September 2, 2005 10:46:46 PM

You're pushing the edge of my knowledge of bgl files, I don't know how the
default could be changed.

I'm not sure I understand the problem, you say you have a good AFCAD file
for the airport? Why do you want to remove it?

If the idea is to remove the add-on scenery and keep the AFCAD file, I
believe you can by moving it to:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery\

Then remove the scenery.

Dallas

"SIMON" <REMOVE-Wsimon9@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> The addon scenery I jsut installed has an AF2_KMEM file.. The airport
config
> is correct with the added scenery. The problem is when I remove the
> scenery, the "stock" Memphis airport has the 17 runway.. . The 17 runway
> still shows up as a selectable menu also when I use the "go to airport"
> feature. For some reason my stock KMEM scenery is not correct.. What file
> effects this.. IS is located somewhere on one of my FS9 Disks?
>

> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
> news:o lRRe.4909$Wd7.2414@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> >
> > "Dallas"
> >
> > After a second look at how things are done, if you have an AFCAD file
for
> > KMEM it would likely be named AF2_KMEM.bgl. So search for this file and
> > move it if you find it.
> >
> > Dallas

September 3, 2005 12:51:46 AM

AP924190.BGL

This looks to be the "stock" MEM file. when I open it to inspect with
AFCAD..
It must some how been corrupted as it shows an incorrect runway.
I havent yet been able to find it "yet" on my disks as they are in cab
files.
Does anyone have a copy of this file they can verify its intrgrity.
istt about 450Kb.. Maybe soemone can zip it to me..
THX
scenery/namc/scenery

> You're pushing the edge of my knowledge of bgl files, I don't know how the
> default could be changed.
>
> I'm not sure I understand the problem, you say you have a good AFCAD file
> for the airport? Why do you want to remove it?
>
> If the idea is to remove the add-on scenery and keep the AFCAD file, I
> believe you can by moving it to:
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery\
>
> Then remove the scenery.
>
> Dallas
>

> "SIMON" <REMOVE-Wsimon9@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> The addon scenery I jsut installed has an AF2_KMEM file.. The airport
> config
>> is correct with the added scenery. The problem is when I remove the
>> scenery, the "stock" Memphis airport has the 17 runway.. . The 17 runway
>> still shows up as a selectable menu also when I use the "go to airport"
>> feature. For some reason my stock KMEM scenery is not correct.. What file
>> effects this.. IS is located somewhere on one of my FS9 Disks?
>>

>> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
>> news:o lRRe.4909$Wd7.2414@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>> >
>> > "Dallas"
> stock?
>> >
>> > After a second look at how things are done, if you have an AFCAD file
> for
>> > KMEM it would likely be named AF2_KMEM.bgl. So search for this file
>> > and
>> > move it if you find it.
>> >
>> > Dallas

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 12:51:47 AM

Hi,

The simplest thing for you to do is open the Stock KMEM in AFCAD, remove
runway 17 (and red hold short nodes), and create taxiway M in it's
place. Then save it as AF2_KMEM to the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder.
Make sure that in the Scenery Library the addon scenery you have for MEM
is in a layer higher than the Addon Scenery layer. Then it will use
their AFCAD when you have that scenery activated, and your AFCAD when
you don't.

Oh, remove the Start Locations for runway 17 too (View/Start Locations).

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco

Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com

SIMON wrote:
> AP924190.BGL
>
> This looks to be the "stock" MEM file. when I open it to inspect with
> AFCAD..
> It must some how been corrupted as it shows an incorrect runway.
> I havent yet been able to find it "yet" on my disks as they are in cab
> files.
> Does anyone have a copy of this file they can verify its intrgrity.
> istt about 450Kb.. Maybe soemone can zip it to me..
> THX
> scenery/namc/scenery
>

> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
>
>>You're pushing the edge of my knowledge of bgl files, I don't know how the
>>default could be changed.
>>
>>I'm not sure I understand the problem, you say you have a good AFCAD file
>>for the airport? Why do you want to remove it?
>>
>>If the idea is to remove the add-on scenery and keep the AFCAD file, I
>>believe you can by moving it to:
>>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery\
>>
>>Then remove the scenery.
>>
>>Dallas
>>

>>"SIMON" <REMOVE-Wsimon9@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>The addon scenery I jsut installed has an AF2_KMEM file.. The airport
>>
>>config
>>
>>>is correct with the added scenery. The problem is when I remove the
>>>scenery, the "stock" Memphis airport has the 17 runway.. . The 17 runway
>>>still shows up as a selectable menu also when I use the "go to airport"
>>>feature. For some reason my stock KMEM scenery is not correct.. What file
>>>effects this.. IS is located somewhere on one of my FS9 Disks?
>>>

>>>"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
>>>news:o lRRe.4909$Wd7.2414@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

>>stock?

>>for

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 12:54:22 AM

"SIMON" <REMOVE-Wsimon9@insightbb.com> wrote in

> The addon scenery I jsut installed has an AF2_KMEM file.. The airport
> config is correct with the added scenery. The problem is when I
> remove the scenery, the "stock" Memphis airport has the 17 runway.. .
> The 17 runway still shows up as a selectable menu also when I use the
> "go to airport" feature. For some reason my stock KMEM scenery is not
> correct.. What file effects this.. IS is located somewhere on one of
> my FS9 Disks?

All the default scenery airports reside in regional scenery area folders.
In the case of KMEM, that is namc (North AMerica Central). There are
severl types of bgl files in the scenery subfolder. The ones of this
form: AP9xxyy0.bgl contain the airport scenery, including (but not
limited to) the sceerny that AFCAD2 can modify. Note that the AP*
file alone is not sufficient: you also need flattens (FL*), objects
(OB*), navaids (NV*), and airport backrounds (AB*).

The KMEM airport is in file AP924190.bgl. The default airport has a
runway 17/35 which I think now is taxiway M. It's also cab'ed on CD 4.

scott s.
..
!