New Gas Gauge for sim (and real) pilots

Gonna drive all day and at the end of the day my wallet's full!

With the gasprizes of today that makes more money than the stock exchange :)

Gerard

Sounds like plan, eh?
"Gerard Verhoef" <Gerard_Verhoef@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Gonna drive all day and at the end of the day my wallet's full!
>
> With the gasprizes of today that makes more money than the stock exchange
> :)
>
> Gerard

Maybe

Gregory could tell us how incorporate it on our panels :) It would be a
discussion piece.

"Chris" <me@you.nospam> wrote in message
> Very topical! I like it!
> Chris
> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/NewGasGauge.jpg

GREGORY

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:24:02 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Maybe
>
>Gregory could tell us how incorporate it on our panels :)
>It would be a discussion piece.

Thanks for the compliment mike.. not much of a gauge programmer tho.
you could save the jpg file.. then open up a panel in FSPanel.. click
on existing Fuel gauge.. hit Edit.. the replace the gauge bitmap with
the NEW fuel gauge. also would need to edit the `pointer works'
bitmap.

maybe a `gauge guy' could better help out with this task.. change
lower scale to read `airline stock price'. how about a `sold short'
proceeds gauge??

-G

>"Chris" <me@you.nospam> wrote in message
>
>> Very topical! I like it!
>> Chris
>> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/NewGasGauge.jpg

Thanks Gregory. Let me give it a try just for the fun of it.
Mike
"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:24:02 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>Maybe
>>
>>Gregory could tell us how incorporate it on our panels :)
>>It would be a discussion piece.
>>

> Thanks for the compliment mike.. not much of a gauge programmer tho.
> you could save the jpg file.. then open up a panel in FSPanel.. click
> on existing Fuel gauge.. hit Edit.. the replace the gauge bitmap with
> the NEW fuel gauge. also would need to edit the `pointer works'
> bitmap.
>
> maybe a `gauge guy' could better help out with this task.. change
> lower scale to read `airline stock price'. how about a `sold short'
> proceeds gauge??
>
> -G
>
>>"Chris" <me@you.nospam> wrote in message
>>
>>> Very topical! I like it!
>>> Chris

Got a new DC3 2D panel with the new gauge. That was pretty straightforward.
Simply paste the additinal gauge graphic on the existing panel background
bitmap file. I made a backup of the original bmp file.

I wonder if it can be done on the VD view? Take a look.

http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/DC3New2DPanel.jpg

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:23:09 -0400, Gregory wrote:

> Thanks for the compliment mike.. not much of a gauge programmer tho.
> you could save the jpg file.. then open up a panel in FSPanel.. click
> on existing Fuel gauge.. hit Edit.. the replace the gauge bitmap with
> the NEW fuel gauge. also would need to edit the `pointer works'
> bitmap.

Er, it's not very realistic at all as designed...

Although I would LOVE to have a gauge that put money in my wallet as the
gas tank got emptier... ;)

Bill

I didn't say "VD", did I? Boy, I'm a bad typist! "VC"!
> Got a new DC3 2D panel with the new gauge. That was pretty
> straightforward. Simply paste the additinal gauge graphic on the existing
> panel background bitmap file. I made a backup of the original bmp file.
>
> I wonder if it can be done on the VD view? Take a look.
>
> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/DC3New2DPanel.jpg
>

> "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:24:02 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
>> brought the following to our attention:
>>
>>>Maybe
>>>
>>>Gregory could tell us how incorporate it on our panels :)
>>>It would be a discussion piece.
>>>

>> Thanks for the compliment mike.. not much of a gauge programmer tho.
>> you could save the jpg file.. then open up a panel in FSPanel.. click
>> on existing Fuel gauge.. hit Edit.. the replace the gauge bitmap with
>> the NEW fuel gauge. also would need to edit the `pointer works'
>> bitmap.
>>
>> maybe a `gauge guy' could better help out with this task.. change
>> lower scale to read `airline stock price'. how about a `sold short'
>> proceeds gauge??
>>
>> -G

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know..... a wimpy attempt for sure but hey, an
Illinois hillbilly has to start somewhere :). Gimmie a break, I did that on
my 4th beer....JUST KIDDING!

> "mikepic"
>> That was pretty straightforward.
>> Simply paste the additinal gauge graphic on the existing panel background
>> bitmap file.
>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/DC3New2DPanel.jpg
>
> Aw come on... that was pretty wimpy.. you were supposed to make a
> *working* gauge for FS. :)
>

> Dallas

GREGORY

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 21:51:00 -0400, Bill Leaming <n4gix@comcast.net>
brought the following to our attention:

>On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:23:09 -0400, Gregory wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the compliment mike.. not much of a gauge programmer tho.
>> you could save the jpg file.. then open up a panel in FSPanel.. click
>> on existing Fuel gauge.. hit Edit.. the replace the gauge bitmap with
>> the NEW fuel gauge. also would need to edit the `pointer works'
>> bitmap.
>
>Er, it's not very realistic at all as designed...
>
>Although I would LOVE to have a gauge that put money in my wallet as the
>gas tank got emptier... ;)
>
>Bill

here's a development gauge Bill. Relax.. it's just an animated GIF ;]

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/dev_gauge1.gif (290k)

-g

Hi mikepic,

That looks like a Lawn Dart landing coming up there in that screenshot,
mate! :))

Or take-off ( I believe they're interchangeable in her case! ). :)

Regards,
John ward
"mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Got a new DC3 2D panel with the new gauge. That was pretty
> straightforward. Simply paste the additinal gauge graphic on the existing
> panel background bitmap file. I made a backup of the original bmp file.
>
> I wonder if it can be done on the VD view? Take a look.
>
> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/DC3New2DPanel.jpg
>

> "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:24:02 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
>> brought the following to our attention:
>>
>>>Maybe
>>>
>>>Gregory could tell us how incorporate it on our panels :)
>>>It would be a discussion piece.
>>>

>> Thanks for the compliment mike.. not much of a gauge programmer tho.
>> you could save the jpg file.. then open up a panel in FSPanel.. click
>> on existing Fuel gauge.. hit Edit.. the replace the gauge bitmap with
>> the NEW fuel gauge. also would need to edit the `pointer works'
>> bitmap.
>>
>> maybe a `gauge guy' could better help out with this task.. change
>> lower scale to read `airline stock price'. how about a `sold short'
>> proceeds gauge??
>>
>> -G

Yup, John, we can call my modified machine the "Lawndarted DC3" :)
Mike

Hope Melissa understands I'm not plagiarizing :)

Mike
"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi mikepic,
>
> That looks like a Lawn Dart landing coming up there in that screenshot,
> mate! :))
>
> Or take-off ( I believe they're interchangeable in her case! ). :)
>
> Regards,
> John ward
> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Got a new DC3 2D panel with the new gauge. That was pretty
>> straightforward. Simply paste the additinal gauge graphic on the existing
>> panel background bitmap file. I made a backup of the original bmp file.
>>
>> I wonder if it can be done on the VD view? Take a look.
>>
>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/DC3New2DPanel.jpg
>>

>> "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:24:02 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
>>> brought the following to our attention:

>>> Thanks for the compliment mike.. not much of a gauge programmer tho.
>>> you could save the jpg file.. then open up a panel in FSPanel.. click
>>> on existing Fuel gauge.. hit Edit.. the replace the gauge bitmap with
>>> the NEW fuel gauge. also would need to edit the `pointer works'
>>> bitmap.
>>>
>>> maybe a `gauge guy' could better help out with this task.. change
>>> lower scale to read `airline stock price'. how about a `sold short'
>>> proceeds gauge??
>>>
>>> -G

Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch, eh? If it did you wanted we have all out
financial problems solved!
Mike
"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:23:09 -0400, Gregory wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the compliment mike.. not much of a gauge programmer tho.
>> you could save the jpg file.. then open up a panel in FSPanel.. click
>> on existing Fuel gauge.. hit Edit.. the replace the gauge bitmap with
>> the NEW fuel gauge. also would need to edit the `pointer works'
>> bitmap.
>
> Er, it's not very realistic at all as designed...
>
> Although I would LOVE to have a gauge that put money in my wallet as the
> gas tank got emptier... ;)
>
> Bill

HA HA HA!
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 21:51:00 -0400, Bill Leaming <n4gix@comcast.net>
> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:23:09 -0400, Gregory wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the compliment mike.. not much of a gauge programmer tho.
>>> you could save the jpg file.. then open up a panel in FSPanel.. click
>>> on existing Fuel gauge.. hit Edit.. the replace the gauge bitmap with
>>> the NEW fuel gauge. also would need to edit the `pointer works'
>>> bitmap.
>>
>>Er, it's not very realistic at all as designed...
>>
>>Although I would LOVE to have a gauge that put money in my wallet as the
>>gas tank got emptier... ;)
>>
>>Bill
>

> here's a development gauge Bill. Relax.. it's just an animated GIF ;]
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/dev_gauge1.gif (290k)
>

> -g

I was wondering about that.