Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How do you clear the drop down userID ?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
September 24, 2004 9:31:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I may not be asking this right but here goes.. for win xp.. Let's say you
are going to log in and you type the letter " D " for example and any name
that you use in the pass shows up in a drop down below, then you can pick a
previous typed name. OK
My question is can you clear this list??? It's annoying because I left out
a letter from a e-mail address, so I have to double check that I don't pick
that one to use to sign in wrong with.....

Thanks for any imput

More about : clear drop userid

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 11:37:46 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Go To Control Panel->Internet Options->Content Tab->Auto Complete button

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp


"Dadio" <Dadio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D D186351-BCCC-4F7E-B042-672478AAC904@microsoft.com...
>I may not be asking this right but here goes.. for win xp.. Let's say you
> are going to log in and you type the letter " D " for example and any name
> that you use in the pass shows up in a drop down below, then you can pick
> a
> previous typed name. OK
> My question is can you clear this list??? It's annoying because I left
> out
> a letter from a e-mail address, so I have to double check that I don't
> pick
> that one to use to sign in wrong with.....
>
> Thanks for any imput
July 11, 2005 7:53:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I am having the same problem with my login and password on a site that I use.
It automatically shows my login in the dropdown and then automatically puts
in my password. I have gone into control panel>content tab>auto complete and
have unchecked all the boxes, clicked the clear forms and clear passwords
buttons and still it will not stop showing my login or stop putting in my
password. Can anyone help me with this problem?
--
Louise


"Dadio" wrote:

> I may not be asking this right but here goes.. for win xp.. Let's say you
> are going to log in and you type the letter " D " for example and any name
> that you use in the pass shows up in a drop down below, then you can pick a
> previous typed name. OK
> My question is can you clear this list??? It's annoying because I left out
> a letter from a e-mail address, so I have to double check that I don't pick
> that one to use to sign in wrong with.....
>
> Thanks for any imput
Related resources
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 2:21:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Have you tried highlighting it in the dropdown and pressing Delete to
see if that clears it?

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:53:02 -0700, Louise
<Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having the same problem with my login and password on a site that I use.
>It automatically shows my login in the dropdown and then automatically puts
>in my password. I have gone into control panel>content tab>auto complete and
>have unchecked all the boxes, clicked the clear forms and clear passwords
>buttons and still it will not stop showing my login or stop putting in my
>password. Can anyone help me with this problem?
July 12, 2005 2:21:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Yes I have in both the dropdown on the login and the password and the next
time I go to login it's back.
--
Louise


"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> Have you tried highlighting it in the dropdown and pressing Delete to
> see if that clears it?
>
> ....Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:53:02 -0700, Louise
> <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am having the same problem with my login and password on a site that I use.
> >It automatically shows my login in the dropdown and then automatically puts
> >in my password. I have gone into control panel>content tab>auto complete and
> >have unchecked all the boxes, clicked the clear forms and clear passwords
> >buttons and still it will not stop showing my login or stop putting in my
> >password. Can anyone help me with this problem?
>
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 6:38:46 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Both may be held in a cookie.
Try deleting any cookie set by the site.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:21:03 -0700, Louise
<Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes I have in both the dropdown on the login and the password and the next
>time I go to login it's back.
>--
>Louise
>
>
>"Alan Edwards" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried highlighting it in the dropdown and pressing Delete to
>> see if that clears it?
>>
>> ....Alan
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:53:02 -0700, Louise
>> <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I am having the same problem with my login and password on a site that I use.
>> >It automatically shows my login in the dropdown and then automatically puts
>> >in my password. I have gone into control panel>content tab>auto complete and
>> >have unchecked all the boxes, clicked the clear forms and clear passwords
>> >buttons and still it will not stop showing my login or stop putting in my
>> >password. Can anyone help me with this problem?
>>
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 6:38:47 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I don't know if this will do anything, but it is worth a shot...

Click Start > Run and type 'control userpasswords2' (without the quotes).

At the top of the screen, make sure "Users must enter a username and
password to use this computer" is checked.

Although it may still show a username, it should not fill in the password
section.

--
Lawrence Wong
Troubleshooting Specialist, IT Department
All-Connect Logistical Services Inc.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 10:02:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I have no idea if it will do anything as the problem was not mine.
Please respond to the OP instead.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:39:01 -0400, "Lawrence A. Wong"
<lawrence-wong@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>I don't know if this will do anything, but it is worth a shot...
>
>Click Start > Run and type 'control userpasswords2' (without the quotes).
>
>At the top of the screen, make sure "Users must enter a username and
>password to use this computer" is checked.
>
>Although it may still show a username, it should not fill in the password
>section.
!