Vancouver gets a great look!

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:45:12 -0400, "William" <alone@home.com> wrote:

>wow now thats stunning.....I see they have the flying ScotiaBank S just
>right :)

Yes, Vancouver City Hall, the Law Court buildings, Marine Building,
Landmark hotel, Vancouver Hotel....bridges traced on top engineering
drawings....SFU...photoreal textures on many things...as a matter of
fact I was told the Alex Fraser bridge has pics of real cars.

Simply stunning.

I'm originally from Bellingham, WA. I lived there 40 some years so I have
been there several times and wow that looks good.

Mr. Steve

"VanGuy" <2zip@4zot> wrote in message
> I'm really glad to see someone has taken on the job!
> FS-Vancouver has never looked better!
>
> http://www.fsaddon.com/products/products_preview_vancouver.htm
>

> Amazing job.

Any idea how far up the Fraser Valley they intend to go - I s'pose
Abbotsford & Chilliwack will be "A Bridge Too Far"

> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:45:12 -0400, "William" <alone@home.com> wrote:
>
>>wow now thats stunning.....I see they have the flying ScotiaBank S just
>>right :)
>
> Yes, Vancouver City Hall, the Law Court buildings, Marine Building,
> Landmark hotel, Vancouver Hotel....bridges traced on top engineering
> drawings....SFU...photoreal textures on many things...as a matter of
> fact I was told the Alex Fraser bridge has pics of real cars.
>
> Simply stunning.

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:23:15 GMT, "Arthur Dent"
<arthurdent@magrathea.com> wrote:

>Any idea how far up the Fraser Valley they intend to go - I s'pose
>Abbotsford & Chilliwack will be "A Bridge Too Far"

A friend of mine has asked him....just waiting for an answer.

My buddy also asked him about YVR...sounds like there is a project in
the works! YES!!!! :)

I have used Nigel's YVR scenery before but on my pc it's a framerate
killer. :-(

FaxCap

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2005

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 09:18:00 -0700, VanGuy <2zip@4zot> wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:23:15 GMT, "Arthur Dent"
><arthurdent@magrathea.com> wrote:
>
>>Any idea how far up the Fraser Valley they intend to go - I s'pose
>>Abbotsford & Chilliwack will be "A Bridge Too Far"
>
>A friend of mine has asked him....just waiting for an answer.
>
>My buddy also asked him about YVR...sounds like there is a project in
>the works! YES!!!! :)
>
>I have used Nigel's YVR scenery before but on my pc it's a framerate
>killer. :-(

If you look at those pictures two of them look to be up at Hope, BC.
So it must extend to the very end of the Fraser Valley.

FaxCap

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2005

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 10:08:28 -0700, FaxCap <shaba@> wrote:

>If you look at those pictures two of them look to be up at Hope, BC.
>So it must extend to the very end of the Fraser Valley.

Here's a direct quote from Jon.

UPDATED: Includes 30,000 sq km: a square bounded by just south of the
US border, a line east of the Fraser canyon, north of Whistler and
west of Howe Sound.

Ah Hope springs eternal

> If you look at those pictures two of them look to be up at Hope, BC.
> So it must extend to the very end of the Fraser Valley.

FaxCap

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2005

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 19:14:02 GMT, "Arthur Dent"
<arthurdent@magrathea.com> wrote:

>Ah Hope springs eternal

I don't think they get their water from a spring....not with the river
right there. hahahahahaha