Audigy2 / Microphone prob / team speak

Vinny73

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
:roll:

Hi

Recently rebuilt PC, and all was well other than my perfectly valid Windows XP activation code no longer works, so had to rebuild Windows again.

Since rebuilding Windows, everything works fine other than my mic. It just makes a repetitive static noise that gets louder and louder when in use.

I've tried messing with settings, no change. As soon as I use voice it makes the static loud bumpy noise.

People who are listening say they just get static from me thats it.

Mic is in the correct port, everything is setup ok. Tried the breakout panel on the front Audigy box too, same thing.

Any ideas pls?

Vinny73

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Ok, Im now hearing my voice, ran the diags in control panel and well i didnt change anything but after Windows did the test it works.

However, now just get ALOT of feedback, get very high pitched?

Grrrr this was working sweet before Windows activation screwed me.....

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I'm assuming that when you rebuilt windows that you installed the latest drivers from the sound blaster site...

Are you getting the feedback in teamspeak or when you run the mic test under control panel/sound devices? When you rebuilt did you add any wireless devices such as keyboard/mouse?

COMPLETE system specs please, you don't have enough information listed for GOD to diagnose your problem.

Vinny73

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Im just getting major feedback when the mic is connected.

The latest drivers are in use for the audigy.

I cannot turn my speakers up beyond about 15% without feedback starting, at 20% its painful!

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
You are in a feedback loop since your speakers are emitting your output!! Try turning down the mic sensitivity.

Make it so it is a more localized pickup of voice!

If your mic can hear your speakers and then output again what they are hearing that is called a feedback loop. It just so happens that this is through the air instead of a line level feedback.

Shinugami

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009

I get the same sound. I am using a X-fi fatality platinum and every 2-4 minutes there is a static sound that starts off soft and over the period of 5 seconds is gets louder and louder and then cuts off. I don't have a microphone plugged in.

CREATIVE SB X-FI
Vista 64 sp 2
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz
8190MB RAM