TheCleansing

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
I have the motherboard P4S8X motherboard with an Intel 2 gig processor. Anyway, I just switched the motherboard combo to a new case and now when I hook it up it beeps like crazy. What I mean by crazy is that there is no beep code for it. It just beeps randomly with long and short beeps at different tones. I have never come across this before. The power supply is 450W and it has the regular connector and the 12V just like the other power supply. The lights on the mobo light up as they should and it will also boot until I get the "Blue Screen Of Death". The BSOD is due to the switching of the HDD from an AMD to Intel mobo.

As I do have some wires to check I dont think it would let me get all the way to booting the OS if it was a serious issue. I know there is an issue because the case drive light dont do anything at this point. The case has 6 fans that are all working. There is 1 WD drive hooked up now and as for the cards there is 1 AGP, 2 Sound Blaster sound card, and a Silicon Image controller. There is 1 GB of RAM. I am getting ready to reset the case connectors and then start removing cards. Any help would be great as I really dont feel like re-seating all these cards.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Muso

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2002
If you look at the motherboard manufacturer's website, it should have the manual for the motherboard. The manual should have a list of beep codes and corresponding setup problems.

The beep code you describe sounds strange, but most like a video error. Try removing the video card and checking if you have the same beep code. If you have an integrated video card, you would not get that beep code unless it was turned off in the BIOS, or your motherboard is faulty.

TheCleansing

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Unfortunately, I have already removed all of the cards and every connector besides power and it still beeps. Even when I disconnected the speaker from the mobo it still beeped. As far as the beep codes I have found nothing nor have I ever even hear beeps like that before.

spooty

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004
Hi Cleansing. I may have the answer. I also have a P4S8X and some strange beeps. Found beeps coming from sata hdd. I use the RAID setup for this mobo. I mistakenly forgot that NO other drive in that cfg can be set to SLAVE only MASTER. I had 2 optical drives on 1 ide channel. When I moved 1 optical drive to the secondary channel and set it to master the strange beeps stopped. Hope this helps. I know how annoying those beeps are :)