Jul 2, 2004
I already bought a new system and I'm waiting it to be shipped. Check it out:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core CPU
ASUS A8N5X AMD Motherboard
1GB Kingston DDR400 Memory
HIS Radeon X850XT 256DDR3 Video Card
Thermaltake Swing Silver Computer Case
Thermaltake Silent PurePower TR2 420W PSU

As for the hard-disk, I'll use my current 40GB Maxtor HD until I get a new one.

That's about it, I have 1 little problem, the power supply says that it doesn't have Dual +12V, do I need that for anything here?

Thanks
- Tomer

Tomer

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004
And please nobody say "wait next month for the intel conre", I can't wait I need this now.

Thanks
- Tomer

And please nobody say "wait next month for the intel conre", I can't wait I need this now.

Thanks
- Tomer

the reason i and others say wait is (once again i repeat) not just for conroes performance and efficency advantages but cause of the price cuts were goin to be seeing but eh.

Not buying an AM2 system even?

If you have already bought it then what you askin us about?

Tomer

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004
I was looking for someone to say "great setup!". I can't wait, I need a new computer, I have a lot of work to do in the next 2 months and I can't wait. When you think about it, just because someone better comes out, it doesn't make my system less powerful...

So there's no problem with the power supply not having the 12v thingy?

- Tomer

Mex

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
Great setup! :lol:
Happy now?

The lack of dual 12v rails on the PSU shouldn't make any difference in system performance. I'm not really even sure where dual 12v rails came from anyway.

But, looking at your specs, I have to ask a question. I'm building a system around an A8N5X and a HIS X1800GTO IceQ3. My problem is that the video card might interfere with the northbridge fan. Do you think it would?

I asked only because the IceQ3 has dimensions of 242x127x40mm, where your IceQ2 is 233x129x57mm. Can you eyeball it and tell me?

If you can't I woun't hold it against you.

Tomer

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah I already thought about that:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=187965&highlight=

- Tomer

hashv2f16

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
As long as you aren't planning on doing any serious overclocking your power supply should be OK... i don't really trust the Purepower line from a bad personal past experience but if you do have any stability issues down the track somewhere, you'll know why.