Thrifty KIC user saving tips

1) Buy cards on ebay at a discount. No tax and no shipping for email pin's.
2) Use credit card for 1% credit back.
3) Add $20 pin between 12:01AM and 1:00AM on date of expriation to get
extra day of use.

Number 3 has not been tested by me will try in a few days. Also was able to
talk a customer service rep into a 4 day extention of my expriation day
because their computers for charge cards was down.

Does anyone else have tips?

For those with the night and weekend plan.

Send a text message (just 10cents) during the 35 cent per minute peak
time.

"Stanley Reynolds" <trash_stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> 1) Buy cards on ebay at a discount. No tax and no shipping for email
pin's.
> 2) Use credit card for 1% credit back.
> 3) Add $20 pin between 12:01AM and 1:00AM on date of expriation to get
> extra day of use.
>
> Number 3 has not been tested by me will try in a few days. Also was able
> talk a customer service rep into a 4 day extention of my expriation day
> because their computers for charge cards was down.
>
> Does anyone else have tips?

> For those with the night and weekend plan.
>
> Send a text message (just 10cents) during the 35 cent per minute peak
> time.

<snip>

Good idea and if the receving party called you back but only let it ring
twice as a signal that the message was recieved, that would save the .10
reply.

I did make a mistake while on hold for customer service it told me about
calling *BAL# which cost .10 to find out it doesn't work with prepaid.
Checking the activity log on the web indicates a charge for reciving the
message but no charge for the call. Dialing #10 to get this info via voice
is still free.

Keeping the 1-800 customer service number for when roaming outside of your
local area to check the expriation date and or to recharge is good. You
could also check via the web if possible when roaming.

>I did make a mistake while on hold for customer service it told me about
>calling *BAL# which cost .10 to find out it doesn't work with prepaid.

It also says it isn't available for my "account type".

--
John S.

> It also says it isn't available for my "account type".

John I hate you wasted another $.10 but that was the same message I got.

Did recharge at 12:01am on the expriation date and got the extra day and
the balance carried so this works if you are awake at midnite.

And yes I used a discounted pin from ebay.