• SONY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Well, I would like to hear from the people around here their experiences with support all around the world. I'll start with myself:

My experience with DELL:

In February I bought the DELL 2005 FPW, using DELL's phone service, from the beginning until now, the service has been great:

I got a $200 discount on the monitor on purchase.

About 2 weeks ago, I found 1 dead pixel on the monitor (was stuck to red in the middle of the screen) and called DELL to have it fixed. The next day, there was a technician in my home with a new monitor to replace it. Unfortunately, I wasn't home, so my brother received it for me. When I came home and installed it I found it had even more dead pixels on it :(. So, I called DELL again and requested technical support.
Today, the technician came in to analyse the issue and brought with him a replacement. The best of it: it was a 2007 FPW monitor!

So, I have to say that DELL support and customer service are great and I would recomend buying anything (if you don't like, don't know how or don't have the time to assemble your pc - although monitors I would recommend anyway) with them just for that.

On the other hand, I have ASUS, which has the worst support ever: my onboard audio died on me, and I'm still awaiting for their response on the request I made 3 weeks ago (and they promised 48 reply). So, I'm not buying anything from ASUS ever again.

finer_recliner

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
ive havent had a "good" experience with dell yet. but i have contacted them several times for various reasons:

my laptop battery died, and i contacted dell via their chat service. i waited in a queue to speak so a consultant for about 45 minutes. An argument started over whether it was still covered under my warranty. i was promised a call back from a supervisor, which didn't happen. so i called them, in which i was again promised a call back. the supervisor finally called me an hour and half after the time specified (i had asked to be called during my lunch break). i was extremely frustrated at this point, so the supervisor apologized immediately and agreed to replace my battery at no charge.

a better scenario was when the laptop's HDD bit the big one. the hardware technician i talked to was american (thankfully), and was very helpful and got me a replacement with no hassles.

i've also emailed them about another problem. response time is usually about a day. and most of their replies just sound like canned answers, such as "have you updated your drivers" or "try running the diagnostics disk".

of all the methods of communication w/ tech support, use the phone. it will be the fastest method of finding your real problem (minus the on-hold time). and just hope the guy that answers your call doesnt have a thick accent. :?

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
ive havent had a "good" experience with dell yet. but i have contacted them several times for various reasons:

my laptop battery died, and i contacted dell via their chat service. i waited in a queue to speak so a consultant for about 45 minutes. An argument started over whether it was still covered under my warranty. i was promised a call back from a supervisor, which didn't happen. so i called them, in which i was again promised a call back. the supervisor finally called me an hour and half after the time specified (i had asked to be called during my lunch break). i was extremely frustrated at this point, so the supervisor apologized immediately and agreed to replace my battery at no charge.

a better scenario was when the laptop's HDD bit the big one. the hardware technician i talked to was american (thankfully), and was very helpful and got me a replacement with no hassles.

i've also emailed them about another problem. response time is usually about a day. and most of their replies just sound like canned answers, such as "have you updated your drivers" or "try running the diagnostics disk".

of all the methods of communication w/ tech support, use the phone. it will be the fastest method of finding your real problem (minus the on-hold time). and just hope the guy that answers your call doesnt have a thick accent. :?

I always use the phone servce, it usually is faster and is much better to deal with a person talking than through a chat.

Sorry to hear you got some accent issues, but here in Brazil it's easier, as all support attendants are brazilian. :)