Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Not much on this group about FSpassengers. Are very many of you using it.
It is a free to try download from FSpassengers.com. Can take off from KSFO
or KOAK and one other nearby field and fly to anywhere, with passengers
aboard. I discovered quickly that with passengers on board, you had better
develop smoother flying techniques if you want the passengers to fly with
you again. I think it is a great add-on and the fact that it is not
restricted in any way (other than the departing fields) is also a good
thing. If you don't want to pay then just use one of the three fields as
your home base. I took off last week and forgot to close the main exit.
Duh!!. Co-pilot warned me but it was too late, passengers started
screaming. I declared emergency and returned. As I landed, I hear the
sirens of the approaching emergency vehicles. Nice sound effects in
FSPassengers. Wish FS9 had ability to declare emergency. You could do that
with FlyII flight simulator, four or five years ago.

"DANNY" <drmckee@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> I discovered quickly that with passengers on board, you had better
> develop smoother flying techniques if you want the passengers to fly with
> you again.

Doe FS Passengers work on small GA aircraft, too? I like to fly the default
Cessna 172 and Piper Cub (not much room for many passengers, though! :)

I really like the idea of knowing how smooth of a flight I make. I think
that my FS flying needs a lot of work to be as smooth as it should be, but
FS2004 offers no feedback on this point (FS has only the "aircraft
overstress" crash, but it seems to let a lot of bad flying slide.)

dallas

"DANNY"
> Not much on this group about FSpassengers.

That's because we discussed it until we ran out of things to say in the
beginning of August. You should drop in more often...

Dallas

DANNY wrote:
> Not much on this group about FSpassengers. Are very many of you using it.
> It is a free to try download from FSpassengers.com. Can take off from KSFO
> or KOAK and one other nearby field and fly to anywhere, with passengers
> aboard. I discovered quickly that with passengers on board, you had better
> develop smoother flying techniques if you want the passengers to fly with
> you again. I think it is a great add-on and the fact that it is not
> restricted in any way (other than the departing fields) is also a good
> thing. If you don't want to pay then just use one of the three fields as
> your home base. I took off last week and forgot to close the main exit.
> Duh!!. Co-pilot warned me but it was too late, passengers started
> screaming. I declared emergency and returned. As I landed, I hear the
> sirens of the approaching emergency vehicles. Nice sound effects in
> FSPassengers. Wish FS9 had ability to declare emergency. You could do that
> with FlyII flight simulator, four or five years ago.

Sounds interesting. I fly the POSKY aircraft,which include tailstrike
detection and what appears to be engine overheat. I havent' quite
figured the latter out, but it seems like if you let N1 or N2 stay in
the red for more than a few seconds, you get engine fires. The
tailbanger effect won't let you rotate the 747 beyond 10 degrees without
getting a fire at the back. If I load up the 747 plus fuel to near the
MTOW, and keep N2 under 90%, that makes for really long takeoffs and
painfully slow climbs.

T.

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

FSpassengers simulates 'tail strike' as well. First time I have had that
experience. It cost me $800,000 to make repairs to the fuselage after I
landed. Passengers were frightened at 'loud noise in rear of plane on
takeoff'. I may have had tailstrike before, but since FS9 has no warning
system modeled into the program (not even the sound effect) I have no way of
knowing. One of those situations were I thought I was a good fly-boy, but
FSpassengers has put me on notice my skills are lacking. I am improving. I
had one 737 flight with 100% satisfaction rating upon landing. Up to that
point I was thinking that was an impossible level to achieve. Does all the
POSKY aircraft model tail strike? I believe I have one of their birds
installed. I may purposefully try to strike the tail on T/O this afternoon,
to see what result I get. I did not know that about POSKY.

DANNY wrote:
> Sorry I missed the discussion. Darned by-pass surgery got in the way.

What the hell is wrong with your priorities?

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Short answer to your query, Matt is yes. It will not offer you flight
attendents who serve food & drink to passengers and captain. (poor first
officer never get anything.). I fly Beech 1900D frequently. Holds 8-10 pax
I believe. But they are always 100% satisfied on the short trips I make, (1
hour to 1.5 hour flights) But you still have to mind you flying techniques.
I am still 'evaluating' the free version. Maybe with birthday coming up, I
will spring for the $38.50 to get the pay version so I can go back to my
home field, KAND or nearby KATL to begin my trips.

"Matt B." <none@given> wrote in message news:MboSe.3739$3R1.872@fe06.lga...

> "DANNY" <drmckee@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>> I discovered quickly that with passengers on board, you had better
>> develop smoother flying techniques if you want the passengers to fly with
>> you again.
>
> Doe FS Passengers work on small GA aircraft, too? I like to fly the
> default Cessna 172 and Piper Cub (not much room for many passengers,
> though! :)
>
> I really like the idea of knowing how smooth of a flight I make. I think
> that my FS flying needs a lot of work to be as smooth as it should be, but
> FS2004 offers no feedback on this point (FS has only the "aircraft
> overstress" crash, but it seems to let a lot of bad flying slide.)

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for posting that review link. Good work Oskar. And Dallas, I have
scrolled back through the August postings and found a few discussions about
FSPassengers. Thanks for that heads up.

DANNY wrote:
> Sorry I missed the discussion. Darned by-pass surgery got in the way.
>
> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "DANNY"
>>> Not much on this group about FSpassengers.
>>
>> That's because we discussed it until we ran out of things to say in
>> the beginning of August. You should drop in more often...
>>

>> Dallas

I distinctly remember saying that having heard all about it for a week, I
would rather eat my own head than install it, but then I am the world's
natural diplomat...

--
Sincerely,
Quilljar

dallas

"DANNY"
> Sorry I missed the discussion. Darned by-pass surgery got in the way.

Wow... that's a pretty damn good excuse.

:)

Dallas

dallas

"Quilljar"
> I distinctly remember saying that having heard all about it for a week, I
> would rather eat my own head than install it

But, I recall you saying that you like to eat your own head.

Dallas

Dallas wrote:
> "Quilljar"
>> I distinctly remember saying that having heard all about it for a
>> week, I would rather eat my own head than install it
>
> But, I recall you saying that you like to eat your own head.
>

> Dallas

That is true :)

--
Sincerely,
Quilljar

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 16:14:10 -0400, DANNY wrote:

> Sorry I missed the discussion. Darned by-pass surgery got in the way.

While ol' Dallas gets both of his feet out of his mouth I'll call the
results of the play:

I guess that's one point for Danny....

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(It's good to be the king! - Mel Brooks)

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 21:38:35 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> And Oskar, good job.. no BS and fair.

Absolutely.
I gave the trial version a go a few weeks back and I found it rather
amusing. And it did give that special feeling of reality knowing that you
not only have to make sure the aircraft stays in the air, but you have to
make damn sure the passengers stay relaxed, busy and, above all, alive.

As soon as I've mastered the PMDG747 I'm gonna add FSP to my list of
ad-ons. And that was a conclusion I made before I even read Oskar's review.

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

GREGORY

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 08:36:31 +0200, Marcel Kuijper
<zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> brought the following to our
attention:

>On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 21:38:35 GMT, Dallas wrote:
>
>> And Oskar, good job.. no BS and fair.
>
>Absolutely.
>I gave the trial version a go a few weeks back and I found it rather
>amusing. And it did give that special feeling of reality knowing that you
>not only have to make sure the aircraft stays in the air, but you have to
>make damn sure the passengers stay relaxed, busy and, above all, alive.
>
>As soon as I've mastered the PMDG747 I'm gonna add FSP to my list of
>ad-ons. And that was a conclusion I made before I even read Oskar's review.

I think FSPax is a good idea.. that is, if the plane dynamics are
modelled well (usually the case in payware). Also think Adv FSDat
(AFSD) is useful. Some of the math-types like to see all kinds of
flight data displayed.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/afsd.html

Additionally one could add JetTest gauge as a `popup' panel.

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/JetTest.gif

Wonder if a panel could have such a display:

Number of Pax with > 3 drink in them: 18
Number of intoxicated Pax: 5
Number of screaming infants on board: 1
Number of agent-spooks on board: 0
Number of Pax who almost wrung ticket agent's neck: 2
Number of disgruntled Pax on board: 3

etc..

ok let's get back to serious now.. would like to have FSPassenger but
need a new hardware platform first.. and a new budget for FlightSim.

-Gregory

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Hey Oskar
I read your review. Whaddaya mean FS9 is only a game???!!!!
;)

--
The contents of this email and any attachments are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you

Goran wrote:
> Hey Oskar
> I read your review. Whaddaya mean FS9 is only a game???!!!!
> ;)

I have the full version of this software, I had a go at flying a Boeing
737-400 while using it, things didn't go too well though -
I had 107 passengers on board, on take off, was going too fast
and the flaps snapped off....oops
Secondly, while the auto-pilot was switched on, for some reason
it stalled, which scared the passengers, thirdly, on landing
I put down the gear, going too fast, that snapped off, so
we are currently coming in for landing, with no flaps, no gear
and I have declared an emergency.....

Missed the runway and hit an equipment building which killed
all 107 passengers and the flight crew + pilot.....

I think the term is, oooops and ouch.

Altogether though, very good software.

GREGORY

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 13:23:42 GMT, kry10 <nospam@nospam.com> brought
the following to our attention:

>Goran wrote:
>> Hey Oskar
>> I read your review. Whaddaya mean FS9 is only a game???!!!!
>> ;)
>>

>I have the full version of this software, I had a go at flying a Boeing
>737-400 while using it, things didn't go too well though -
>I had 107 passengers on board, on take off, was going too fast
>and the flaps snapped off....oops
>
>Secondly, while the auto-pilot was switched on, for some reason
>it stalled, which scared the passengers, thirdly, on landing
>I put down the gear, going too fast, that snapped off, so
>we are currently coming in for landing, with no flaps, no gear
>and I have declared an emergency.....
>
>Missed the runway and hit an equipment building which killed
>all 107 passengers and the flight crew + pilot.....
>
>I think the term is, oooops and ouch.
>
>Altogether though, very good software.

here's where to go next..

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=miscmisc&DLID=12748

bonne voyage

-g

"kry10" <nospam@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Goran wrote:
>> Hey Oskar
>> I read your review. Whaddaya mean FS9 is only a game???!!!!
>> ;)
>>

> I have the full version of this software, I had a go at flying a Boeing
> 737-400 while using it, things didn't go too well though -
> I had 107 passengers on board, on take off, was going too fast
> and the flaps snapped off....oops
> Secondly, while the auto-pilot was switched on, for some reason
> it stalled, which scared the passengers, thirdly, on landing
> I put down the gear, going too fast, that snapped off, so
> we are currently coming in for landing, with no flaps, no gear
> and I have declared an emergency.....
>
> Missed the runway and hit an equipment building which killed
> all 107 passengers and the flight crew + pilot.....
>
> I think the term is, oooops and ouch.
>
> Altogether though, very good software.

Well, I see, lot's of odds happening. But if you think that's all then just
fly into a war zone.. :)))))))
--
Oskar Wagner
(retired Captain)

Remember, in the great scheme of things, we're all small potatoes....

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 11:03:50 -0400, Gregory wrote:

> Wonder if a panel could have such a display:
>
> Number of Pax with > 3 drink in them: 18
> Number of intoxicated Pax: 5
> Number of screaming infants on board: 1
> Number of agent-spooks on board: 0
> Number of Pax who almost wrung ticket agent's neck: 2
> Number of disgruntled Pax on board: 3

All that text (and then some) would come in handy when one simulates an
easyJet flight. <g>

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(Mmmmmm.....beer and doughnuts. - Homer Simpson)

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It is not my fault. I believe some of the medications I was being given was
for 'mind control' purposes. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

"Jon Nadelberg" <news@nadelberg.com> wrote in message
> DANNY wrote:
>> Sorry I missed the discussion. Darned by-pass surgery got in the way.
>>

> What the hell is wrong with your priorities?

LOL! :))

JW
"Jon Nadelberg" <news@nadelberg.com> wrote in message
> DANNY wrote:
>> Sorry I missed the discussion. Darned by-pass surgery got in the way.
>>

> What the hell is wrong with your priorities?

Hi Goran,

Wow, I'm impressed, mate - you got that one in before CRaSH Parker! :)

Regards, and welcome back,
John Ward