Help on getting Ram Dual channel.

johnjailbait

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Ok so my motherboard is the DFI NF4 Ultra-D. There are 4 ram slots from top to bottom its yellow orange then a gap then yellow and orange. It says in the manual that from top to bottom its slot 1,2,3,4. But ive seen on google images that some people have it in just the top 2 then just the bottom 2 then just orange and just yellow. So that is 4 different ways to put the ram in. Does it matter where they are or what. I just want to be running dual channel I have 2x1GB stick of Corsair PC3200

4745454b

Titan
On my dads (Intel) system, he gets a notification upon bootup that the board is running in dual channel mode. When your ram is installed, do you get such a message? (are you supposed to get such a message???) In any case, RTFM, and just try what it says.

johnjailbait

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Ok got ram Dual Channel and lowered it from 3-3-3-8 to 2-3-3-6 since that is what its supposed to run. When I run prime95 I cant get 10sec into it without it stopping and giving me an error message. Anyone know why this is maybe more voltage for the ram ? I have 2.66v on it now.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Ok got ram Dual Channel and lowered it from 3-3-3-8 to 2-3-3-6 since that is what its supposed to run. When I run prime95 I cant get 10sec into it without it stopping and giving me an error message. Anyone know why this is maybe more voltage for the ram ? I have 2.66v on it now.
Sounds like, depending on which RAM you have, you should increase RAM voltage a bit....maybe 2.75. The only thing is that to error out of Prime in 10 seconds takes a serious stability issue. I'm thinking that maybe your RAM just doesn't like those tight timings. GL :)

PS. You didn't mention what speed you're running the RAM at.