Two questions about R300

1.. Using plain paper I have only three selections for printing quality
(Economy, Normal and Photo). If I use "inkjet quality" paper (or any else
type of paper) I have a selection "Fine", a medium printing quality between
Normal and Photo. Is there any way to get "Fine" quality for plain paper?
If I remember correct a R200 had this printing quality selection. Could
anyone confirm?

2.. Any way to reset chips using ssc tool or something similar? ssc don't
reset r200/300 chips for some reason. I think the printer or driver keeps
ink levels in the memory and recall them in a few minutes. That's why it
makes many cleaning cycles using auto reset chips.

--
Yianni
in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)

--

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yianni wrote:
> 1.. Using plain paper I have only three selections for printing quality
> (Economy, Normal and Photo). If I use "inkjet quality" paper (or any else
> type of paper) I have a selection "Fine", a medium printing quality between
> Normal and Photo. Is there any way to get "Fine" quality for plain paper?
> If I remember correct a R200 had this printing quality selection. Could
> anyone confirm?

Same printer more options on the R300

> 2.. Any way to reset chips using ssc tool or something similar? ssc don't
> reset r200/300 chips for some reason. I think the printer or driver keeps
> ink levels in the memory and recall them in a few minutes. That's why it
> makes many cleaning cycles using auto reset chips.

There's a bit there where you have to remove the Epson ink monitor utility.

> --
> Yianni
> in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)
>

> --

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Over the years, I've found that more often than not, you end up lying to
printer drivers for one reason or another.
"Plain paper" generally absorbs more ink and allows it to spread out more
than higher quality "inkjet paper".
If for some reason, you want to print at a higher resolution than the plain
paper setting allows, use another paper setting.
A more interesting thing to do is to print the same image on the same
paper type, and change the printer paper settings between each pass thru the
printer. Allow the image to dry between passes. Photo quality paper may not
work well in that repeated passes usually leaves marks fom the feed rollers
(Annoying in a real image, but so what for the purpose at hand.)
Keep a log, and index the printouts for future reference.

As to resetting the "chip" Staples stores were selling a chip resetter that
works with the R300 tanks. The real problem is in refilling them. At least
you can buy AM dry refillable tanks without the chips, and add reset chips
from non refillable OEM tanks.

"Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message
> Yianni wrote:
>> 1.. Using plain paper I have only three selections for printing quality
>> (Economy, Normal and Photo). If I use "inkjet quality" paper (or any else
>> type of paper) I have a selection "Fine", a medium printing quality
>> between
>> Normal and Photo. Is there any way to get "Fine" quality for plain paper?
>> If I remember correct a R200 had this printing quality selection. Could
>> anyone confirm?
>>

> Same printer more options on the R300
>

>> 2.. Any way to reset chips using ssc tool or something similar? ssc don't
>> reset r200/300 chips for some reason. I think the printer or driver keeps
>> ink levels in the memory and recall them in a few minutes. That's why it
>> makes many cleaning cycles using auto reset chips.
>>

> There's a bit there where you have to remove the Epson ink monitor
> utility.
>

>> --
>> Yianni
>> in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)
>>

>> --

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <cbM1e.15747$Fy.1005@okepread04>, cdkuder@nspmmsn.com says...
> Over the years, I've found that more often than not, you end up lying to
> printer drivers for one reason or another.
> "Plain paper" generally absorbs more ink and allows it to spread out more
> than higher quality "inkjet paper".
> If for some reason, you want to print at a higher resolution than the plain
> paper setting allows, use another paper setting.
> A more interesting thing to do is to print the same image on the same
> paper type, and change the printer paper settings between each pass thru the
> printer. Allow the image to dry between passes. Photo quality paper may not
> work well in that repeated passes usually leaves marks fom the feed rollers
> (Annoying in a real image, but so what for the purpose at hand.)
> Keep a log, and index the printouts for future reference.
>
> As to resetting the "chip" Staples stores were selling a chip resetter that
> works with the R300 tanks. The real problem is in refilling them. At least
> you can buy AM dry refillable tanks without the chips, and add reset chips
> from non refillable OEM tanks.

A "Caveate" about moving the chips from the OEM carts to the replacement
carts.

The chip from the Magenta cart MUST go on the Magenta cart and so on.

The newer printer lines from Epson, the chip identifies the color. I dont
know why, but they do.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Thanks all for your replies. But I haven't got any suitable answer.
I need a program to reset the chips. If anybody "expert" in this aspect, I
have some "goodies" to exchange.

--

"Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote in message news:1111961414.62729@athnrd02...

> 1.. Using plain paper I have only three selections for printing quality
> (Economy, Normal and Photo). If I use "inkjet quality" paper (or any else
> type of paper) I have a selection "Fine", a medium printing quality
between
> Normal and Photo. Is there any way to get "Fine" quality for plain paper?
> If I remember correct a R200 had this printing quality selection. Could
> anyone confirm?
>
> 2.. Any way to reset chips using ssc tool or something similar? ssc don't
> reset r200/300 chips for some reason. I think the printer or driver keeps
> ink levels in the memory and recall them in a few minutes. That's why it
> makes many cleaning cycles using auto reset chips.
>

> --
> Yianni
> in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)

Go here:
http://www.ink-refills.net/ink-refills-r-us/epson-resetter.html

> Thanks all for your replies. But I haven't got any suitable answer.
> I need a program to reset the chips. If anybody "expert" in this aspect, I
> have some "goodies" to exchange.
>
> --
> Yianni
> in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)
>

> --
> "Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote in message
> >
> > 1.. Using plain paper I have only three selections for printing quality
> > (Economy, Normal and Photo). If I use "inkjet quality" paper (or any
else
> > type of paper) I have a selection "Fine", a medium printing quality
> between
> > Normal and Photo. Is there any way to get "Fine" quality for plain
paper?
> > If I remember correct a R200 had this printing quality selection. Could
> > anyone confirm?
> >
> > 2.. Any way to reset chips using ssc tool or something similar? ssc
don't
> > reset r200/300 chips for some reason. I think the printer or driver
keeps
> > ink levels in the memory and recall them in a few minutes. That's why it
> > makes many cleaning cycles using auto reset chips.
> >

> > --
> > Yianni
> > in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)
> >

> > --

This link is representative of another company who wants you to buy a
black box pig in the poke for your printer. They spent time designing a
website that is very good at not disclosing what they are selling.
There is nothing telling a potential customer who the
manufacturer/formulators is of what they are selling.

This is one of the main problems with the after market.

Colon Terminus wrote:

>Go here:
>http://www.ink-refills.net/ink-refills-r-us/epson-resetter.html
>

>"Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote in message
>

>>Thanks all for your replies. But I haven't got any suitable answer.
>>I need a program to reset the chips. If anybody "expert" in this aspect, I
>>have some "goodies" to exchange.
>>
>>--
>>Yianni
>>in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)
>>

>>--
>>"Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote in message

>>>1.. Using plain paper I have only three selections for printing quality
>>>(Economy, Normal and Photo). If I use "inkjet quality" paper (or any
>>>

>else
>

>>>type of paper) I have a selection "Fine", a medium printing quality
>>>

>>between
>>

>>>Normal and Photo. Is there any way to get "Fine" quality for plain
>>>

>paper?
>

>>>If I remember correct a R200 had this printing quality selection. Could
>>>anyone confirm?
>>>
>>>2.. Any way to reset chips using ssc tool or something similar? ssc
>>>

>don't
>

>>>reset r200/300 chips for some reason. I think the printer or driver
>>>

>keeps
>

>>>ink levels in the memory and recall them in a few minutes. That's why it
>>>makes many cleaning cycles using auto reset chips.
>>>

>>>--
>>>Yianni
>>>in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)
>>>

>>>--

Douglas

You know there could be a reason for NOT telling who manufactured an item!
Othe vendors could then go to the manufacurer and then sell the resetters
for less.I do not tell my customers where I buy my items either!If they DID
say,what would it mean?If they said made by ACD inc,would it tell you
anything? It is highly unlikely you would know anything about the
manufacturer!I am not saying the sellers are good or bad,just that it's one
more time,you speak with no knowledge of the subject!
> This link is representative of another company who wants you to buy a
> black box pig in the poke for your printer. They spent time designing a
> website that is very good at not disclosing what they are selling. There
> is nothing telling a potential customer who the manufacturer/formulators
> is of what they are selling.
>
> This is one of the main problems with the after market.
>
> Colon Terminus wrote:
>
>>Go here:
>>http://www.ink-refills.net/ink-refills-r-us/epson-resetter.html
>>

>>"Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote in message
>>
>>>Thanks all for your replies. But I haven't got any suitable answer.
>>>I need a program to reset the chips. If anybody "expert" in this aspect,
>>>have some "goodies" to exchange.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Yianni
>>>in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)
>>>

>>>--
>>>"Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote in message

>>else

>>>between

>>paper?

>>don't

>>keeps

They hide behind their websites. They do not sell name brand products.
Yes large companies like Staple will private brand name brand products.
And sometimes the specifications are less and other times they are not.
Usually, they will tell you who makes it.

However, these small mom and pop or mom and child resellers
intentionally buy noname and put their own name on it. You really
never know what you are getting. Each batch you buy could even be from
a different mfg.

Look, I agree that the OEM prices are out of line. And you would think
that these alternative sellers would have an impact on the market.
However, that does not seem to be the case. Prices are not getting more
reasonable.

Douglas wrote:

>You know there could be a reason for NOT telling who manufactured an item!
>Othe vendors could then go to the manufacurer and then sell the resetters
>for less.I do not tell my customers where I buy my items either!If they DID
>say,what would it mean?If they said made by ACD inc,would it tell you
>anything? It is highly unlikely you would know anything about the
>manufacturer!I am not saying the sellers are good or bad,just that it's one
>more time,you speak with no knowledge of the subject!
>

>>This link is representative of another company who wants you to buy a
>>black box pig in the poke for your printer. They spent time designing a
>>website that is very good at not disclosing what they are selling. There
>>is nothing telling a potential customer who the manufacturer/formulators
>>is of what they are selling.
>>
>>This is one of the main problems with the after market.
>>
>>Colon Terminus wrote:
>>

>>>Go here:
>>>http://www.ink-refills.net/ink-refills-r-us/epson-resetter.html
>>>

>>>"Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote in message

>>>else

>>>paper?

>>>don't

>>>keeps

BURT

> They hide behind their websites.
(snip)

And you hide behind the anonymity of NG posting. I am sure that the
rude/crude comments and name calling that you and a few others engage in are
different from the face-to-face discourse that you would have if you were
personally identified. You describe others as unprofessional, but you
behave in as unprofessional a manner as anyone I've read on newsgroups who
holds himself up to be a computer industry professional. And when firms you
criticize respond you say they are spamming. They're damned (by you) if
they respond and damned if they don't (and let your comments stand without
response).

Burt wrote:

>>They hide behind their websites.
>>

>(snip)
>
>And you hide behind the anonymity of NG posting.

What is your phone number and street address?

>I am sure that the
>rude/crude comments and name calling that you and a few others engage in are
>different from the face-to-face discourse that you would have if you were
>personally identified. You describe others as unprofessional, but you
>behave in as unprofessional

I am not selling anything.

>a manner as anyone I've read on newsgroups who
>holds himself up to be a computer industry professional. And when firms you
>criticize respond you say they are spamming.

And they are

>They're damned (by you) if
>they respond and damned if they don't (and let your comments stand without
>response).

:cool:

BURT

I haven't been mean spirited or made crude remarks in some pissing contest
like you have. The only person I've criticized is you, and I've tried to
keep my comments on point and not sunk to schoolyard tactics like you have.
My behavior on the NG is the same as my behavior in person. If you behave
face-to-face with people the way you do on the NG, I would expect that your
face has been rearranged several times. Could that be why you are called
Measekite (literal translation = ugly person)?

Burt wrote:

>I haven't been mean spirited or made crude remarks in some pissing contest
>like you have.

Listen Listen
Da Cats Pissen
Run Run