Is DX10 compatible with say 7800 GTX 256mb card

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
I would hate to have to buy another $600 dollar card to enjoy DX10. I understand that DX10 is just a tool for programers to encode more advanced graphics, right? And when Vista arives will it be 64bit and therefore will my P4 630 Presscott which is 64bit capable be any faster than it is now? All I hear is how great the new Duo's will be, and nothing about how the 64bit capable's will perform or was that just a ruse to draw me in as a costumer for Intel. 8O

sdrawkcaBgoD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
was that just a ruse to draw me in as a costumer for Intel

How does one go about becoming a costumer for Intel? Do you have to start as an intern, move up the ranks of gaffer and best boy, put in some time as a set decorator and makeup artist before winning the coveted costumer position?

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn* :roll:

Please, do some research on these forums. There are plenty of DX10 threads that will answer your question.

Your 7800GTX will run DX10, but will not use its features, becase they are not compatible. DX10 will have new features and your card will not be able to run them. It will run DX10 like DX9.

Your PC is "Vista ready" somewhat. If Vista (with aero) takes up almost 1gb of RAM with no applications running (just OS), then you might have to add some RAM. 2gb would be minumum for Vista I guess. For the Ultimate Version.

*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
will my pen run on vista or will I need to upgrade to a new improved pen I did a search but could'nt find which pen to buy if my current pen couldnt run on vistia any suggestion on a good running pen.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
You just said it will run DX10 but will not be able to use its features, because they are not compatible. Quit talking in circles! It sounds like any DX10 program will revert to DX9 if the card does not support it! Stay off those drugs, boy. :roll:

sdrawkcaBgoD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
Prozac answered your question in the second response to this thread. Next time, try going here first.

As for being rude, you ain't seen nothin' yet. You were being rude to Prozac (who not only took the time to answer your question but also knows a lot more about hardware than you ever will) and I was responding to your rudeness. Don't push me or I'll take off the gloves and show you exactly how rude I can get. :twisted:

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
You just said it will run DX10 but will not be able to use its features, because they are not compatible. Quit talking in circles! It sounds like any DX10 program will revert to DX9 if the card does not support it! Stay off those drugs, boy. :roll:
I say exaclty what I meant. It will run DX10, but will not use all of the features that DX10 has. I never was talking in circles.

As for being rude, dude, if I was rude, the Internet wouldn't exsist.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
One of the features in dx10 is global rendering and the 7900 does not have that feature in is desgin. Like said your card will use dx10 in backward compatibality mode. As far as the 7900 you will in the future need to upgarde to a dx10 card. If you done a search in the fourms you would have read the same post but the talk is always welcome here i'm sure cutups are the norm in here so dont get what is said to personal most of it is in fun with usually a rofl in the end.