Rubix

I am looking for the most realistic terrain mesh for Sub-saharan Africa.
Any ideas?

Rubix

GREGORY

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 23:17:04 +0100, "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk>
brought the following to our attention:

>I am looking for the most realistic terrain mesh for Sub-saharan Africa.
>Any ideas?
>
>Rubix

For freeware 70m Mesh check out:

http://www.simviation.com/fsdterrainsrtm.htm

Click on MAP link at top and find out relevant file names.

Africa mesh files are at the top with AF in their names
such as AF01. Page looks screwed up.. and you might
try `right mouse' on the links and `save target as'.

-Gregory

dallas

"Rubix"
> I am looking for the most realistic terrain mesh for Sub-saharan Africa.
> Any ideas?

FSGenesis... if you can handle payware.

Dallas

GREGORY

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 23:17:04 +0100, "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk>
brought the following to our attention:

>looking for the most realistic terrain mesh

He did ask about the `most realistic' mesh.. so most would agree
that means FSGenesis.

-g

"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> For freeware 70m Mesh check out:
>
> http://www.simviation.com/fsdterrainsrtm.htm

Thanks for this link. I'd forgotten about that place, and just downloaded
some mesh for New Zealand that looks great.

GREGORY

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:04:03 -0500, David Wilson-Okamura <David
Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> brought the following to our
attention:

>While you're at it, download and install Jim Keir's Africa landclass:
>http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=50244
>
>It's freeware and depicts what's ON the terrain more accurately.

this link should work better..

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=50244

can FS9 Land Class be used in FS8?

-G

Rubix

Thanks guys

I didn't even know some of this stuff existed.

Rubyxx

> On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 23:17:04 +0100, "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk>
> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>looking for the most realistic terrain mesh
>

> He did ask about the `most realistic' mesh.. so most would agree
> that means FSGenesis.
>

> -g

TRENDING THREADS