feedback sought on colorbat ink/tanks

I'm interested in two claims/products on the www.colorbat.com site.
I've seen good feedback here, but none specific to two of their
products in which I'm interested: their Canon BCI series sponge-less
tanks, and their Canon Hideous Hooch ink with increased viscosity in
the C and M inks, which they claim reduces printer flooding.

Any comments from someone who has tried their stuff and/or can confirm
wihether this is an issue? I am otherwise inclined to go with
Formulabs stuff from alotothings...

thanks!
quince

88inkjets.com is better for Formulabs ink. Look at their website, the
way they do business and their contact page. Then decide who you would
like to investigate.

quince wrote:

>I'm interested in two claims/products on the www.colorbat.com site.
>I've seen good feedback here, but none specific to two of their
>products in which I'm interested: their Canon BCI series sponge-less
>tanks, and their Canon Hideous Hooch ink with increased viscosity in
>the C and M inks, which they claim reduces printer flooding.
>
>Any comments from someone who has tried their stuff and/or can confirm
>wihether this is an issue? I am otherwise inclined to go with
>Formulabs stuff from alotothings...
>
>thanks!
>quince

BURT

Check out the following site - http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ - there
were some posts about the spongeless carts and colorbat inks being a problem
with leaking, hence the change in viscosity to try to correct the problem.
You will find lots of good info on this site. I follow the posts on it
frequently. Also check out Neil Slade's info at -
http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html - for excellent info on
printers, inks, paper, and cleaning procedures. I have seen posts on this
NG from people who have used Alotofthings carts and inks very successfully.
Look for Ron Cohen and Taliesyn posts for their personal experience with
Formulabs inks. Alotofthings Arrow carts (not Rainbow) have Formulabs inks
and are only available on ebay. They also have Formulabs bulk ink for Canon
printers. You can find the link by going to the Alotofthings web site.
click on "inkjet news" and then "contact us." Meesekite has not used any of
these products but tries to steer people away from Alotofthings because he
1. doesn't like their web site (I agree that it is not the best), 2. was
upset with a response to an email he sent them ((I had a very positive
response on a phone call to Joe, the owner), and 3) he is reluctant to
purchase through ebay (I've had no problem with ebay/paypal purchases).
Take the advice, both positive and negative, from the people who have
actually used these products and done business with the companies that sell
them. I am personally using MIS inks and refilling OEM carts. I also just
purchased Arrow prefilled carts from Alotofthings and have not yet tried
them. If you are just considering refilling or using aftermarket carts for
the first time the two references in this post plus the posts on this NG
will help you a lot.

"quince" <quinceNOT_at_NOTnewsguy.com> wrote in message
> I'm interested in two claims/products on the www.colorbat.com site.
> I've seen good feedback here, but none specific to two of their
> products in which I'm interested: their Canon BCI series sponge-less
> tanks, and their Canon Hideous Hooch ink with increased viscosity in
> the C and M inks, which they claim reduces printer flooding.
>
> Any comments from someone who has tried their stuff and/or can confirm
> wihether this is an issue? I am otherwise inclined to go with
> Formulabs stuff from alotothings...
>
> thanks!
> quince

BURT

It is a sad commentary that you continue your vendetta against Alotofthings
and tout 88inkjets when you have not done business with either of them and
have not used either of their products. I have not seen any posts to
indicate that Alotofthings delivers an inferior product or treats people
unfairly. I have purchased their Arrow carts recently and will try them.
If they prove to be inferior I will certainly post that information. I
expect, based on the posts of Ron Cohen, that these are good carts and the
ink is a very close match to OEM inks. They are also less than half the
price of th 88inkjets carts with the same Formulabs ink, and they sell
refill bulk Canon Formulabs ink wich 88inkjets does not carry.

> 88inkjets.com is better for Formulabs ink. Look at their website, the way
> they do business and their contact page. Then decide who you would like
> to investigate.
>
> quince wrote:
>
>>I'm interested in two claims/products on the www.colorbat.com site.
>>I've seen good feedback here, but none specific to two of their
>>products in which I'm interested: their Canon BCI series sponge-less
>>tanks, and their Canon Hideous Hooch ink with increased viscosity in
>>the C and M inks, which they claim reduces printer flooding.
>>
>>Any comments from someone who has tried their stuff and/or can confirm
>>wihether this is an issue? I am otherwise inclined to go with
>>Formulabs stuff from alotothings...
>>
>>thanks!
>>quince

I haven't tried any of their stuff, but some of the things they say about
Canon tanks hasn't been what I've seen. They say that the sponges
deteriorate rapidly and cause printing failures. Maybe so, but I'm still
using tanks from my first s820 (nearly three years old) that have been
refilled many times. I'm also refilling tanks made by Arrow (from
alotofthings.com) and Rainbow (from tylermartin.com). No problems with
either of those brands and some of the Rainbows are nearly as old as my
oldest Canon tanks. As to the viscosity claims about the PM & PC inks
causing flooding, that's one I've not heard before. What causes leaks or
flooding is not having a proper seal after refilling. A properly sealed tank
won't leak but one with even a slight air leak on the reservoir side will.
This is regardless of viscosity. Maybe if STP was put in the tank it
wouldn't leak if a seal isn't made, but it wouldn't print either <g>. I will
say that they do have an interesting web site and they don't mince words.
Their prices are much higher than alotofthings. Since you are inclined to go
with alotofthings, I think that would be your best move. I've done a lot of
refilling using Formulabs ink from alotofthings and never had any problems.
If you aren't familiar with refilling Canon tanks, rest assured it's an easy
task. I've made a short pdf file showing how easy it is to refill. I no
longer use any of the conventional methods such as hot glue or screws to
seal the tanks, just duct tape. It works fine. If you want a copy of the pdf
file, send me a private email and I'll send a copy to you.
--
Ron Cohen

"quince" <quinceNOT_at_NOTnewsguy.com> wrote in message
> I'm interested in two claims/products on the www.colorbat.com site.
> I've seen good feedback here, but none specific to two of their
> products in which I'm interested: their Canon BCI series sponge-less
> tanks, and their Canon Hideous Hooch ink with increased viscosity in
> the C and M inks, which they claim reduces printer flooding.
>
> Any comments from someone who has tried their stuff and/or can confirm
> wihether this is an issue? I am otherwise inclined to go with
> Formulabs stuff from alotothings...
>
> thanks!
> quince

BURT

Ron - there were some posts on this forum -
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ - having to do with the colorbat
spongeless carts and their attempt to compensate for leakage with a change
in ink viscosity. Spongeless carts would be great as they would possibly
hold more useable ink. Neil Slade suggests, however, that the carts that
work best are OEM or like carts without any alterations such as spongeless
or with tubes integrated into the carts to transport ink. There was one
spongeless cart reported in that forum that may hold some promise. One of
the participants is presently trying it out and will hopefully report on it.
It has a series of channels cast into the plastic structure through which
the ink flows. Apparently the inner structure of the standard cart (OEM or
similar) and the inclusion of the sponge work well in dispensing enough ink
without permitting it to flow out except when on demand in its normal
function. If you haven't gone onto that forum give it a try. I go on often
and find extremely interesting and/or useful information. You do have to
establish a password and sign in, but that's no big deal. Everyone who
posts on it is either asking questions or is responding with personal
experience with the products they use. Excellent info with lots of give and
take. No antagonistic comments or pseudo-experts!

"Ron Cohen" <drc023@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I haven't tried any of their stuff, but some of the things they say about
>Canon tanks hasn't been what I've seen. They say that the sponges
>deteriorate rapidly and cause printing failures. Maybe so, but I'm still
>using tanks from my first s820 (nearly three years old) that have been
>refilled many times. I'm also refilling tanks made by Arrow (from
>alotofthings.com) and Rainbow (from tylermartin.com). No problems with
>either of those brands and some of the Rainbows are nearly as old as my
>oldest Canon tanks. As to the viscosity claims about the PM & PC inks
>causing flooding, that's one I've not heard before. What causes leaks or
>flooding is not having a proper seal after refilling. A properly sealed
>tank won't leak but one with even a slight air leak on the reservoir side
>will. This is regardless of viscosity. Maybe if STP was put in the tank it
>wouldn't leak if a seal isn't made, but it wouldn't print either <g>. I
>will say that they do have an interesting web site and they don't mince
>words. Their prices are much higher than alotofthings. Since you are
>inclined to go with alotofthings, I think that would be your best move.
>I've done a lot of refilling using Formulabs ink from alotofthings and
>never had any problems. If you aren't familiar with refilling Canon tanks,
>rest assured it's an easy task. I've made a short pdf file showing how easy
>it is to refill. I no longer use any of the conventional methods such as
>hot glue or screws to seal the tanks, just duct tape. It works fine. If you
>want a copy of the pdf file, send me a private email and I'll send a copy
>to you.
> --
> Ron Cohen
>
> "quince" <quinceNOT_at_NOTnewsguy.com> wrote in message
>> I'm interested in two claims/products on the www.colorbat.com site.
>> I've seen good feedback here, but none specific to two of their
>> products in which I'm interested: their Canon BCI series sponge-less
>> tanks, and their Canon Hideous Hooch ink with increased viscosity in
>> the C and M inks, which they claim reduces printer flooding.
>>
>> Any comments from someone who has tried their stuff and/or can confirm
>> wihether this is an issue? I am otherwise inclined to go with
>> Formulabs stuff from alotothings...
>>
>> thanks!
>> quince

Sad to say I'd completely forgotten about Rob's website. I've communicated
with him in the past. I've got to do some catching up over on that forum.
--
Ron Cohen

Burt wrote:

>Check out the following site - http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ - there
>were some posts about the spongeless carts and colorbat inks being a problem
>with leaking, hence the change in viscosity to try to correct the problem.
>You will find lots of good info on this site. I follow the posts on it
>frequently. Also check out Neil Slade's info at -
>http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html - for excellent info on
>printers, inks, paper, and cleaning procedures. I have seen posts on this
>NG from people who have used Alotofthings carts and inks very successfully.
>Look for Ron Cohen and Taliesyn posts for their personal experience with
>Formulabs inks. Alotofthings Arrow carts (not Rainbow) have Formulabs inks
>and are only available on ebay. They also have Formulabs bulk ink for Canon
>printers. You can find the link by going to the Alotofthings web site.
>click on "inkjet news" and then "contact us." Meesekite has not used any of
>these products but tries to steer people away from Alotofthings because he
>1. doesn't like their web site (I agree that it is not the best), 2. was
>upset with a response to an email he sent them ((I had a very positive
>response on a phone call to Joe, the owner), and 3) he is reluctant to
>purchase through ebay (I've had no problem with ebay/paypal purchases).

88inkjets.com does sell the same Formulabs Ink. Goto their contact
information and then look at Alotofcrap website where they discourage
you from calling them. Yes, they do indeed have 2 customers in this
NG. Like they said, I do not buy from either of them. I use Canon ink
because my print load does not justify me taking any chance on the
possibility of getting a clogged print head due to the chance of
inconsistent ink supplies.

>Take the advice, both positive and negative, from the people who have
>actually used these products

If they bought Formulabs ink from any other source, their experience
with the product would be identical. If you buy Kellogs corn flakes
from 5 different stores they would all be the same. If you buy Canon
ink from 5 different sources the product would all be the same. The
same can be said about Formulabs ink.

Burt wrote:

>It is a sad commentary that you continue your vendetta against Alotofthings
>and tout 88inkjets when you have not done business with either of them and
>have not used either of their products. I have not seen any posts to
>indicate that Alotofthings delivers an inferior product

The are just resellers for a 2nd tier manufacturer. The primary tier
manufacturers are HP, Epson, and Canon.

Ron Cohen wrote:
> I haven't tried any of their stuff, but some of the things they say about
> Canon tanks hasn't been what I've seen. They say that the sponges
> deteriorate rapidly and cause printing failures.

I have read that the Spongeless can be recycled "forever" (not my words)
because they do not contain these deteriorating sponges. That is a very
interesting prospect for refillers.

-Taliesyn

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <3aqhi5F6e3l34U1@individual.net>, taliesyn4@netscape.net says...
> Ron Cohen wrote:
> > I haven't tried any of their stuff, but some of the things they say about
> > Canon tanks hasn't been what I've seen. They say that the sponges
> > deteriorate rapidly and cause printing failures.
>
> I have read that the Spongeless can be recycled "forever" (not my words)
> because they do not contain these deteriorating sponges. That is a very
> interesting prospect for refillers.
>
> -Taliesyn

I have several original BCI 6 tanks that have been refilled at least 2 dozen
times. (and some earlier tanks MUCH older than that that I use in older
Canon printers). This deteriorating sponge is a dream made up to sell tanks
without sponges.
--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

>[...]
> I use Canon ink because my print load does not justify me taking any
> chance on the possibility of getting a clogged print head due to the
> chance of inconsistent ink supplies.

But - if the posts on here are anything to go by - your apparently 'the'
authority on 3rd party inks and suppliers. That's quite a clever trick,
especially when you have no experience of any of them.

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <Z5T1e.875$Ms6.702@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net>, Ivor@somewhere.uk
says...

> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >[...]
> > I use Canon ink because my print load does not justify me taking any
> > chance on the possibility of getting a clogged print head due to the
> > chance of inconsistent ink supplies.
> >

> But - if the posts on here are anything to go by - your apparently 'the'
> authority on 3rd party inks and suppliers. That's quite a clever trick,
> especially when you have no experience of any of them.

To get back to the thread:

I have used the "ColorBat" tanks with the siphon tube for the Epson R200, and
they work PERFECTLY!!

I dont even have to take them out of the printer to fill them (I use the SSC
service utility to maintain the ink levels from the chips)

I have tried the "Spongeless" Canon Carts and I dont recomend them. Part of
the function of the sponge (intentional or not) is to filter the ink before
it gets to the intake screen on the print-head. Canon Cartridges are so
simple to refill, I cant see any advantage in using the spongeless tanks.

I re-fill some of my printers because Im Frugal, not because Im lazy.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Larry wrote:

> In article <Z5T1e.875$Ms6.702@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net>, Ivor@somewhere.uk
> says...
>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>[...]
>>>I use Canon ink because my print load does not justify me taking any
>>>chance on the possibility of getting a clogged print head due to the
>>>chance of inconsistent ink supplies.
>>>

>>But - if the posts on here are anything to go by - your apparently 'the'
>>authority on 3rd party inks and suppliers. That's quite a clever trick,
>>especially when you have no experience of any of them.
>>

> To get back to the thread:
>
> I have used the "ColorBat" tanks with the siphon tube for the Epson R200, and
> they work PERFECTLY!!
>
> I dont even have to take them out of the printer to fill them (I use the SSC
> service utility to maintain the ink levels from the chips)
>
> I have tried the "Spongeless" Canon Carts and I dont recomend them. Part of
> the function of the sponge (intentional or not) is to filter the ink before
> it gets to the intake screen on the print-head.

There is a 3/16" filter material (not really a sponge) at the exit port,
which also serves to mate with the intake screen. I'm still trying to
get some working ones for trial use. I have some faulty demos which I
may clean and try with my own inks. That's a bit of a risk as my inks
may not function correctly with these special design cartridges. All in
the interest of science. ;-)

I noticed the packaging of one clearly instructs that once installed
they are not to be removed until time to replace.

-Taliesyn

BURT

Teliesyn - check out this link -
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=115 - I don't know if
you are acquainted with the Nifty-stuff forum, but there is often excellent
info on it regarding aftermarket inks and refilling. The link I showed
above is about a spongeless cart. All aspects of carts, inks, and refilling
problems are covered in this forum and you will not run into posts from
pseudo-experts or put-down artists.

"Taliesyn" <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Larry wrote:
>
>> In article <Z5T1e.875$Ms6.702@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net>, Ivor@somewhere.uk
>> says...
>>
>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>But - if the posts on here are anything to go by - your apparently 'the'
>>>authority on 3rd party inks and suppliers. That's quite a clever trick,
>>>especially when you have no experience of any of them.
>>>

>> To get back to the thread:
>>
>> I have used the "ColorBat" tanks with the siphon tube for the Epson R200,
>> and they work PERFECTLY!!
>>
>> I dont even have to take them out of the printer to fill them (I use the
>> SSC service utility to maintain the ink levels from the chips)
>>
>> I have tried the "Spongeless" Canon Carts and I dont recomend them. Part
>> of the function of the sponge (intentional or not) is to filter the ink
>> before it gets to the intake screen on the print-head.
>
> There is a 3/16" filter material (not really a sponge) at the exit port,
> which also serves to mate with the intake screen. I'm still trying to
> get some working ones for trial use. I have some faulty demos which I
> may clean and try with my own inks. That's a bit of a risk as my inks
> may not function correctly with these special design cartridges. All in
> the interest of science. ;-)
>
> I noticed the packaging of one clearly instructs that once installed
> they are not to be removed until time to replace.
>
> -Taliesyn

Thank you!! It is people like you who give to me all of the information
on 3rd party inks. I just consolidate different peoples experience. I
review other sources of information, do research and look at their
websites. Yes, I am good at sourcing out suppliers, especially in the
computer industry.

Burt speaks of Neil Slade who recommends MIS from inksupply (still do
not know if MIS is a brand or dealer name) and inkgrabber. Yet
following a link given to me by Burt I found out that not only it the
neutral grays off like Neil Slade says but the yellow ink has damaged
people print heads beyond repair. Inkgrabber claims that they got bad
batch of yellow ink. Maybe so. What color will it be the next time.
Since you do not know who the manufacturer is, there may be many other
resellers providing the same ink. It is impossible to know.

While it is not impossible for that to happen with Canon ink, it is
unlikely. The quality control they have is extensive, the company is
large and stands behind their products (they do slip up sometimes) and
they invest millions protecting their brand and image.

The whole thing does boil down to Risk/Reward. If you print that much
you can save enough in a short period of time to play musical printers.
If that is your case then the only worry is consistency of your
results. And it really makes little difference if they are consistent,
it is only in what you perceive.

I hope you realize now that a single users experience good or bad is far
inconclusive to the collective experiences of many.

Ivor Floppy wrote:

>>[...]
>>I use Canon ink because my print load does not justify me taking any
>>chance on the possibility of getting a clogged print head due to the
>>chance of inconsistent ink supplies.
>>

>But - if the posts on here are anything to go by - your apparently 'the'
>authority on 3rd party inks and suppliers. That's quite a clever trick,
>especially when you have no experience of any of them.

I read on another new group that a person had leakage from this.

I also received an email from Colorbat. They said that the brand of ink
they sell under a name they made up is confidential and they do not want
to disclosed the manufacturer/formulator. It is not possible then that
you can follow the quality and consistency in the marketplace like you
can with HP, Epson, or Canon and possible even Formulabs or Dyson.

Taliesyn wrote:

> Ron Cohen wrote:
>
>> I haven't tried any of their stuff, but some of the things they say
>> about Canon tanks hasn't been what I've seen. They say that the
>> sponges deteriorate rapidly and cause printing failures.
>

> I have read that the Spongeless can be recycled "forever" (not my words)
> because they do not contain these deteriorating sponges. That is a very
> interesting prospect for refillers.
>
> -Taliesyn

Was that supposed to be a reply to me or what?

> Thank you!! It is people like you who give to me all of the information
> on 3rd party inks. I just consolidate different peoples experience. I
> review other sources of information, do research and look at their
> websites. Yes, I am good at sourcing out suppliers, especially in the
> computer industry.
>
> Burt speaks of Neil Slade who recommends MIS from inksupply (still do not
> know if MIS is a brand or dealer name) and inkgrabber. Yet following a
> link given to me by Burt I found out that not only it the neutral grays
> off like Neil Slade says but the yellow ink has damaged people print heads
> beyond repair. Inkgrabber claims that they got bad batch of yellow ink.
> Maybe so. What color will it be the next time. Since you do not know who
> the manufacturer is, there may be many other resellers providing the same
> ink. It is impossible to know.
>
> While it is not impossible for that to happen with Canon ink, it is
> unlikely. The quality control they have is extensive, the company is
> large and stands behind their products (they do slip up sometimes) and
> they invest millions protecting their brand and image.
>
> The whole thing does boil down to Risk/Reward. If you print that much you
> can save enough in a short period of time to play musical printers. If
> that is your case then the only worry is consistency of your results. And
> it really makes little difference if they are consistent, it is only in
> what you perceive.
>
> I hope you realize now that a single users experience good or bad is far
> inconclusive to the collective experiences of many.
>
> Ivor Floppy wrote:
>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>[...]
>>>I use Canon ink because my print load does not justify me taking any
>>>chance on the possibility of getting a clogged print head due to the
>>>chance of inconsistent ink supplies.
>>>

>>But - if the posts on here are anything to go by - your apparently 'the'
>>authority on 3rd party inks and suppliers. That's quite a clever trick,
>>especially when you have no experience of any of them.

Yep :)

Ivor Floppy wrote:

>Was that supposed to be a reply to me or what?

>>Thank you!! It is people like you who give to me all of the information
>>on 3rd party inks. I just consolidate different peoples experience. I
>>review other sources of information, do research and look at their
>>websites. Yes, I am good at sourcing out suppliers, especially in the
>>computer industry.
>>
>>Burt speaks of Neil Slade who recommends MIS from inksupply (still do not
>>know if MIS is a brand or dealer name) and inkgrabber. Yet following a
>>link given to me by Burt I found out that not only it the neutral grays
>>off like Neil Slade says but the yellow ink has damaged people print heads
>>beyond repair. Inkgrabber claims that they got bad batch of yellow ink.
>>Maybe so. What color will it be the next time. Since you do not know who
>>the manufacturer is, there may be many other resellers providing the same
>>ink. It is impossible to know.
>>
>>While it is not impossible for that to happen with Canon ink, it is
>>unlikely. The quality control they have is extensive, the company is
>>large and stands behind their products (they do slip up sometimes) and
>>they invest millions protecting their brand and image.
>>
>>The whole thing does boil down to Risk/Reward. If you print that much you
>>can save enough in a short period of time to play musical printers. If
>>that is your case then the only worry is consistency of your results. And
>>it really makes little difference if they are consistent, it is only in
>>what you perceive.
>>
>>I hope you realize now that a single users experience good or bad is far
>>inconclusive to the collective experiences of many.
>>
>>Ivor Floppy wrote:
>>

>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>But - if the posts on here are anything to go by - your apparently 'the'
>>>authority on 3rd party inks and suppliers. That's quite a clever trick,
>>>especially when you have no experience of any of them.

BURT

Check out the Alotofthings website. They say that they will have a catalog
of products and will sell from their own web site after 4/1/05. The answer
to the Meesekite's dreams!!! Better web site, direct sales, and identifying
their inks as Sensient Formulabs. I'll be interested in seeing how their
site looks after they have it completely up and running. Maybe you will
then be able to back off your vendetta, spell their company name properly,
and stop the derisive comments. Maybe they have been reading our posts and
have been encouraged to change. My conversation with Joe and the posts from
Ron Cohen lead me to believe that they are not malicious or devious and that
the way they ran the business was simply the result of small business
decision issues with which you did not agree.

> Thank you!! It is people like you who give to me all of the information
> on 3rd party inks. I just consolidate different peoples experience. I
> review other sources of information, do research and look at their
> websites. Yes, I am good at sourcing out suppliers, especially in the
> computer industry.
>
> Burt speaks of Neil Slade who recommends MIS from inksupply (still do not
> know if MIS is a brand or dealer name) and inkgrabber. Yet following a
> link given to me by Burt I found out that not only it the neutral grays
> off like Neil Slade says but the yellow ink has damaged people print heads
> beyond repair. Inkgrabber claims that they got bad batch of yellow ink.
> Maybe so. What color will it be the next time. Since you do not know who
> the manufacturer is, there may be many other resellers providing the same
> ink. It is impossible to know.
>
> While it is not impossible for that to happen with Canon ink, it is
> unlikely. The quality control they have is extensive, the company is
> large and stands behind their products (they do slip up sometimes) and
> they invest millions protecting their brand and image.
>
> The whole thing does boil down to Risk/Reward. If you print that much you
> can save enough in a short period of time to play musical printers. If
> that is your case then the only worry is consistency of your results. And
> it really makes little difference if they are consistent, it is only in
> what you perceive.
>
> I hope you realize now that a single users experience good or bad is far
> inconclusive to the collective experiences of many.
>
> Ivor Floppy wrote:
>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>[...]
>>>I use Canon ink because my print load does not justify me taking any
>>>chance on the possibility of getting a clogged print head due to the
>>>chance of inconsistent ink supplies.
>>>

>>But - if the posts on here are anything to go by - your apparently 'the'
>>authority on 3rd party inks and suppliers. That's quite a clever trick,
>>especially when you have no experience of any of them.

Maybe they will grow up one of these days. For right now, I prefer to
do business with Canon or Epson or HP.

Burt wrote:

>Check out the Alotofthings website. They say that they will have a catalog
>of products and will sell from their own web site after 4/1/05. The answer
>to the Meesekite's dreams!!! Better web site, direct sales, and identifying
>their inks as Sensient Formulabs. I'll be interested in seeing how their
>site looks after they have it completely up and running. Maybe you will
>then be able to back off your vendetta, spell their company name properly,
>and stop the derisive comments. Maybe they have been reading our posts and
>have been encouraged to change. My conversation with Joe and the posts from
>Ron Cohen lead me to believe that they are not malicious or devious and that
>the way they ran the business was simply the result of small business
>decision issues with which you did not agree.

>>Thank you!! It is people like you who give to me all of the information
>>on 3rd party inks. I just consolidate different peoples experience. I
>>review other sources of information, do research and look at their
>>websites. Yes, I am good at sourcing out suppliers, especially in the
>>computer industry.
>>
>>Burt speaks of Neil Slade who recommends MIS from inksupply (still do not
>>know if MIS is a brand or dealer name) and inkgrabber. Yet following a
>>link given to me by Burt I found out that not only it the neutral grays
>>off like Neil Slade says but the yellow ink has damaged people print heads
>>beyond repair. Inkgrabber claims that they got bad batch of yellow ink.
>>Maybe so. What color will it be the next time. Since you do not know who
>>the manufacturer is, there may be many other resellers providing the same
>>ink. It is impossible to know.
>>
>>While it is not impossible for that to happen with Canon ink, it is
>>unlikely. The quality control they have is extensive, the company is
>>large and stands behind their products (they do slip up sometimes) and
>>they invest millions protecting their brand and image.
>>
>>The whole thing does boil down to Risk/Reward. If you print that much you
>>can save enough in a short period of time to play musical printers. If
>>that is your case then the only worry is consistency of your results. And
>>it really makes little difference if they are consistent, it is only in
>>what you perceive.
>>
>>I hope you realize now that a single users experience good or bad is far
>>inconclusive to the collective experiences of many.
>>
>>Ivor Floppy wrote:
>>

>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>But - if the posts on here are anything to go by - your apparently 'the'
>>>authority on 3rd party inks and suppliers. That's quite a clever trick,
>>>especially when you have no experience of any of them.

Did you check out the shipping policies on Colorbat? If you were unhappy
with Alotofthings policy then you should be ballistic over theirs. I do
agree with you about a few things. One, the iP4000 is a great printer - my
favorite Canon so far. I also agree that the suppliers should post who
manufacturers the inks they sell. That's one of the main reasons I initially
selected Alotofthings. FWIW, before you place any more updates specifying
different brands of ink you might want to verify the accuracy of the company
names. You keep referring to Dyson. I believe that should be Lyson.
--
Ron Cohen