PCI-E next level

Frank_M

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
High contention and speed wireless connections to a massive GPU farm at either ATI or Nvidia. It's the future.

Honestly.
No, that's not good - that doesn't have consumers spending more money!

2x gfx cards (sli, crossfire), then 3x (xfire + physics), 4x (quad-sli), ....

With torrenza, there might be HTX slot or gpu sockets.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
It would be twice as fast but I don't think it would be wireless. I mean come on, you put the graphics card inside the case and it's wireless? I hope you're joking about the graphics farm. :lol:

It would be HTI for "Hyper Transport Interface" it would be twice as fast as the PCI-Express and that is would be fully utilized by the GPU cards.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
High contention and speed wireless connections to a massive GPU farm at either ATI or Nvidia. It's the future.

Honestly.

And every month, you'd pay a subscription fee. Just like you will with your games and your everything else. Whatever happened to the days where you bought software, and it was yours, and you could do whatever the fukc you wanted with it?

SilentKiller5

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
It's gonna be SLI, then like SLI2/Crossfire2, and it'll keep going on until you're running 128 miniature X1900XTXs in your PC at once in 2050 :p .

Seriously, there's probably gonna be the need to switch to PCI-E x32 soon. And after that, some mastermind will make something like PCI "Super Express" x512, lol :p

MattC

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
I'm not sure what he's referring to with "direct port" gpu's, but if you really want to know you could search through his profile for the post where he mentioned it (perhaps).

Regardless, I believe AMD is planning on adding a new port, similar or perhaps equivalent to the extra port in dual-cpu motherboards (not dual-core, dual-processor). This port, theoretically (and it all is really just theory, right now), could enable GPU's, or Physics co-processors, or other types of chips to greatly increase the interface speeds, and perhaps computational power, of computers (for certain tasks specific to the extra chip).