spuninst folder

I have noticed 18 $NtUninstall folders in my windows folder. all are
connected with spuninst folder.They are in blue type.What are they?Should I
delete them?

The Franchise
3 answers Last reply
More about spuninst folder

    They are uninstall folders for windows updates/service packs. Leave them
    exactly were they are. if you start deleting them you may end up with
    problems.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    "The Franchise" <TheFranchise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have noticed 18 $NtUninstall folders in my windows folder. all are
    > connected with spuninst folder.They are in blue type.What are they?Should
    > delete them?
    >
    > The Franchise

    Thanks for the info.
    I'll leave them alone.

    The Franchise wrote:

    > Thanks for the info.
    > I'll leave them alone.
    >>>I have noticed 18 $NtUninstall folders in my windows folder. all are
    >>>connected with spuninst folder.They are in blue type.

    Blue just means that they are 'compressed.' My recommendation is
    to delete such folders IF they are more than 6 months old. - RM

Microsoft Windows XP