The D 805 is a good oveclocker and a solid performer, OK?

RichPLS

Champion
It is a dual core Pentuim 4 at 2.66GHz, I believe...
and costs around $120 and is very overclockable and stable when overclocked, albeit runs on the hot side of preference, but does not seem to impact performance or chip life.

RichPLS

Champion
Especially so if you intend to upgrade to Conroe, and sell the old CPU to recoup initial investment... a 920 or 930 would be considered a better buy, and just as overclockable, yet cooler running...
But the 805 is still a good choice if you intend on simply scrapping the CPU when you upgrade to Conroe...

netspiderz-net

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
Yea! Yea! Yea! I bought the Pentium D805 (2.66GHz), overclocked it at 3.6GHz and running perfectly!! Yooohoooo!!! It is amazing guys!

:lol: LOLOLOLOL I'm having fun :)

voxel

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
You guys are wrong
ITS A FURNACE

No it's slow, crappy, and cheap.

Can't you guys wait a month for the Conroe instead of buying sh*t? And if people are going to buy crap, why brag about how you pimped it to be like a D930? (which is a $100 more).

Pimping high-end procs I can respect...

netspiderz-net

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
D805 is not Sh*t! It is perfect for what I need!

I had the Pentum 640 3.2GHz and now I got the D805 that is much much better! All my games run much better and smoothly. NA NA NA NA NA.

LOLOLOLOLOL I'm playing like hell with this sh*t! Bit***s!

LOLOLOLOLOL :lol: Finally! Affordable prices!

TSIllusion

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
guys, just stfu...

if an 805 D wasnt good enough... WHY would Tom's Post it TWICE in one of its "top featured" articles?

just think, sometimes you need to shut up and think.

slow, crappy, and cheap? what are you comparing to? ur own processor inside ur brain? cause i dont think thats a good comparison... seeing how 805 could probalby process faster than what you can do...

ryokinshin

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
its called overclocking u moron, and if u havnt notices it beats pretty much every other processor when its running 4.0ghz, u pay around 100 for proc another 100 for water cooling, 800 less then an fx62 or 965

kwalker

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
You guys are wrong
ITS A FURNACE

Can't you guys wait a month for the Conroe instead of buying sh*t? And if people are going to buy crap, why brag about how you pimped it to be like a D930? (which is a $100 more).

do you own one ?
most of us are buying the new core cpus!
and; no we cant wait!
We wont
that take all the fun out of overclocking the shiznet out of everything that comes our way.
is that ok ?

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
You guys are wrong
ITS A FURNACE

He posts this crap after my link to a D 930 for $178 shipped. Hey voxel, find me the D 805 for $78.

netspiderz-net

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
I am pleased to have an dual core D805 2.66GHz running at 3.6GHz!! Days and days of fun without any problem! And I know that I can push it more, but I'm fine for now like this.

You can not call sh*t any of Intel products. Remember that Intel is Intel.
And no! I can't not wait! This D805 is funny as hell! ehehehe! I boght it for $150 and run like a top processor of $800 or even more! ehehehe I never been so glad to Intel !!

I still have a Pentium 200MHz MMX that runs without FAN! It's amazing no FAN! That's a miracle of processor! But now I want to sell it! Lovable CPU! :lol:

I will never change Intel with AMD like I will never change nVidia with ATI.

sdrawkcaBgoD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
To go back to the original point of the thread, I am also in favor of people doing a little research into the dozens of other threads that have been posted on the topic. There is no call for every person who buys one to post his own thread asking questions that have been answered numerous times already. I have nothing against the 805. I was impressed with the original article that was posted over a month ago. Just when it all started to die down a little, Tom comes out with another article about it and it ignites all over again. The latest article actually told us what to buy and how to do it. Personally, I think that all the info is already out there for whoever wants to spend a little time finding it.

I have nothing against Intel and I think the 805 has a lot to offer but it's time to let the old threads speak for themselves.

Marauder

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
To go back to the original point of the thread, I am also in favor of people doing a little research into the dozens of other threads that have been posted on the topic. There is no call for every person who buys one to post his own thread asking questions that have been answered numerous times already. I have nothing against the 805. I was impressed with the original article that was posted over a month ago. Just when it all started to die down a little, Tom comes out with another article about it and it ignites all over again. The latest article actually told us what to buy and how to do it. Personally, I think that all the info is already out there for whoever wants to spend a little time finding it.

I have nothing against Intel and I think the 805 has a lot to offer but it's time to let the old threads speak for themselves.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just for the record, I was on the D805 bandwagon at the start. Had all my hardware buys planned out, and then decide to jump ship, wait about 2 months or whatever, spend anohter $200, buy the Conroe, and never look back. Nothing like getting the speeds of the D805 overclocked to 4.1ghz or the AMD FX series at stock speeds (and much cheaper).

Anyways lets ban anybody else who starts an 805D thread.. I think that'll teach the rest... :twisted: 8O :idea: