Why does "My Recent Items" empty itself every time I resta..

September 24, 2004 1:30:53 PM

Within one session, the "My Recent Items" will correctly
fill up with documents I have opened. But every time I
log off or restart, it goes back to "Empty." How can I
fix this?

(I have already gone into the "Start menu, Customize,
Advanced tab and made sure that yes, the little box is
checked for "List my most recently opened documents.)

Many thanks,

Mark
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 1:38:11 PM

If this is a school lab computer it most likely is
configured to not save profiles through a policy.

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 1:41:49 PM

No... I have a school email, but this is not a school lab
computer. It's my own personal computer.

Any other ideas?

Related resources
September 24, 2004 2:00:10 PM

I have a school email account, but this is not a school
lab computer. It is my own private computer that I
bought.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Mark

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 9:01:22 PM

Are you using some sort of privacy program? There are "cleanup" programs
that empt temp files, temporary internet files, recently used lists, etc.,
on log off.
--
Patty MacDuffie
MS MVP for Windows XP