Just a quick snippet based on a recent experience. As some of you will know
from my
simming recently. At around the same time I sorted out my PC/dining room
and bought three nice desks and chairs and another family PC due to demand.

Having built the new desk arrangement I fixed the PC and wanted to start
using FS
again. When I tried to put the CH Yoke on the desk I encountered a problem,
namely the bevelled edge on the desk. Without any modification the yoke
would now slant down by 45 degrees!! I have fixed it by overlaying a large
piece of wood on the desk, but people may want to consider it when buying
desks.

Some pics can be found here
http://flightdirector.whatthelenssaw.co.uk/pics/desk/

Regards

Geoff

GREGORY

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 12:41:27 +0100, "GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Just a quick snippet based on a recent experience. As some of you will know
>from my
>simming recently. At around the same time I sorted out my PC/dining room
>and bought three nice desks and chairs and another family PC due to demand.
>
>Having built the new desk arrangement I fixed the PC and wanted to start
>using FS
>again. When I tried to put the CH Yoke on the desk I encountered a problem,
>namely the bevelled edge on the desk. Without any modification the yoke
>would now slant down by 45 degrees!! I have fixed it by overlaying a large
>piece of wood on the desk, but people may want to consider it when buying
>desks.
>
>Some pics can be found here
>http://flightdirector.whatthelenssaw.co.uk/pics/desk/
>
>Regards
>
>Geoff

these cheapie `folding leg' tables work great for computers..
and are surprisingly strong and sturdy.

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=2&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=12596

plus they store and ship (as in moving) well..
am sitting at one now.. however it's rather
full. Being lo-profile and dark brown.. it nearly
disappears underneath.. as it `out of sight'.

-g

p.s. apologies for long URL

GREGORY

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:11:37 -0400, Gregory
<flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> brought the following to our
attention:

>On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 12:41:27 +0100, "GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com>
>brought the following to our attention:
>
>>Just a quick snippet based on a recent experience. As some of you will know
>>from my
>>simming recently. At around the same time I sorted out my PC/dining room
>>and bought three nice desks and chairs and another family PC due to demand.
>>
>>Having built the new desk arrangement I fixed the PC and wanted to start
>>using FS
>>again. When I tried to put the CH Yoke on the desk I encountered a problem,
>>namely the bevelled edge on the desk. Without any modification the yoke
>>would now slant down by 45 degrees!! I have fixed it by overlaying a large
>>piece of wood on the desk, but people may want to consider it when buying
>>desks.
>>
>>Some pics can be found here
>>http://flightdirector.whatthelenssaw.co.uk/pics/desk/
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Geoff
>>

>these cheapie `folding leg' tables work great for computers..
>and are surprisingly strong and sturdy.

Sorry the link isn't working well.. here is the pic.

http://www.staples.com/sbd/img/cat/std/395572_std.jpg

-g

>plus they store and ship (as in moving) well..
>am sitting at one now.. however it's rather
>full. Being lo-profile and dark brown.. it nearly
>disappears underneath.. as it `out of sight'.
>

> -g
>

>p.s. apologies for long URL

dallas

"GeoffC"
> I have fixed it by overlaying a large
> piece of wood on the desk, but people may want to consider it when buying
> desks.
> http://flightdirector.whatthelenssaw.co.uk/pics/desk/

That's too fancy for me... I would of just duct taped it on to the desk.

Dallas

GREGORY

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:54:31 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>"GeoffC"
>> I have fixed it by overlaying a large
>> piece of wood on the desk, but people may want to consider it when buying
>> desks.
>> http://flightdirector.whatthelenssaw.co.uk/pics/desk/
>

>That's too fancy for me... I would of just duct taped it on to the desk.
>
>Dallas

A nice piece of furniture.. but rather bulky. Since it's in the dining
room or `parlour' (looks like in the front room by stairs).. that may
be a requirement..especially when wify is director. :]

The folding utility table has lots of space underneath. It looks crude
but is cost effective and coordinates well once the PC hardware is on
top. The mouse works well on the vinyl laminate.. but after a few
years is wears to a brown/orange color. All that is needed is a
5-caster armless/reclining operators chair.

Are you going to saw the front off and put on a new facing? { grin }

-G

The dining room is no longer, the room is now three PC stations and no food.
I doubt I'll get round to facing the mod, I find it hard enough to remember
to cut the grass. Unfortunately I did remember the latter today and a stone
flicked up and smashed the patio door - Bollocks. Scared the heck out of the
kids (Eldest is 22) as it shattered though LOL.

Geoff

"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:54:31 GMT, "Dallas"
> <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
> attention:
>
> >"GeoffC"
> >> I have fixed it by overlaying a large
> >> piece of wood on the desk, but people may want to consider it when
buying
> >> desks.
> >> http://flightdirector.whatthelenssaw.co.uk/pics/desk/
> >

> >That's too fancy for me... I would of just duct taped it on to the desk.
> >
> >Dallas
> >

> A nice piece of furniture.. but rather bulky. Since it's in the dining
> room or `parlour' (looks like in the front room by stairs).. that may
> be a requirement..especially when wify is director. :]
>
> The folding utility table has lots of space underneath. It looks crude
> but is cost effective and coordinates well once the PC hardware is on
> top. The mouse works well on the vinyl laminate.. but after a few
> years is wears to a brown/orange color. All that is needed is a
> 5-caster armless/reclining operators chair.
>

> Are you going to saw the front off and put on a new facing? { grin }
>

> -G

GREGORY

glad you're not offended by reply. it's a fine table. there are many
ways to shim the yoke. use rubber `pucks', some kind of wedges,
or a wood strip. you'll adapt it nicely.. without doubt.

-g

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 20:57:52 +0100, "GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>The dining room is no longer, the room is now three PC stations and no food.
>I doubt I'll get round to facing the mod, I find it hard enough to remember
>to cut the grass. Unfortunately I did remember the latter today and a stone
>flicked up and smashed the patio door - Bollocks. Scared the heck out of the
>kids (Eldest is 22) as it shattered though LOL.
>
>Geoff
>

>"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:54:31 GMT, "Dallas"
>> <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our attention:
>>
>> >"GeoffC"
>> >

>> >That's too fancy for me... I would of just duct taped it on to the desk.
>> >
>> >Dallas
>> >

>> A nice piece of furniture.. but rather bulky. Since it's in the dining
>> room or `parlour' (looks like in the front room by stairs).. that may
>> be a requirement..especially when wify is director. :]
>>
>> The folding utility table has lots of space underneath. It looks crude
>> but is cost effective and coordinates well once the PC hardware is on
>> top. The mouse works well on the vinyl laminate.. but after a few
>> years is wears to a brown/orange color. All that is needed is a
>> 5-caster armless/reclining operators chair.
>>

>> Are you going to saw the front off and put on a new facing? { grin }
>>

>> -G

dallas

"GeoffC"
> The dining room is no longer, the room is now three PC stations and no
food.

The millennium family.

:-/

MacGyver

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:54:31 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> That's too fancy for me... I would of just duct taped it on to the desk.

You mean you would have McGuyvered it? :)

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(You've got clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?)

Dallas wrote:
> "Marcel Kuijper"
> > You mean you would have MacGyvered it? :)
>
> Dude!... I am MacGyver.

Naaaahhh...somehow I get the feeling you're more of a Tim Allen type.

Marcel

Hi Gregory,

Do those tables support much weight? e.g., heavy CRT monitors...

Regards,
John Ward
> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:11:37 -0400, Gregory
> <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> brought the following to our
> attention:
>
>>On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 12:41:27 +0100, "GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com>
>>brought the following to our attention:
>>
>>>Just a quick snippet based on a recent experience. As some of you will
>>>know
>>>from my
>>>simming recently. At around the same time I sorted out my PC/dining
>>>room
>>>and bought three nice desks and chairs and another family PC due to
>>>demand.
>>>
>>>Having built the new desk arrangement I fixed the PC and wanted to start
>>>using FS
>>>again. When I tried to put the CH Yoke on the desk I encountered a
>>>problem,
>>>namely the bevelled edge on the desk. Without any modification the yoke
>>>would now slant down by 45 degrees!! I have fixed it by overlaying a
>>>large
>>>piece of wood on the desk, but people may want to consider it when buying
>>>desks.
>>>
>>>Some pics can be found here
>>>http://flightdirector.whatthelenssaw.co.uk/pics/desk/
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>
>>>Geoff
>>>

>>these cheapie `folding leg' tables work great for computers..
>>and are surprisingly strong and sturdy.
>
> Sorry the link isn't working well.. here is the pic.
>
> http://www.staples.com/sbd/img/cat/std/395572_std.jpg
>
> -g
>
>>plus they store and ship (as in moving) well..
>>am sitting at one now.. however it's rather
>>full. Being lo-profile and dark brown.. it nearly
>>disappears underneath.. as it `out of sight'.
>>

>> -g
>>

>>p.s. apologies for long URL

GREGORY

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 08:23:52 +1000, "John Ward"
<johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:

>Hi Gregory,
>
> Do those tables support much weight?
>e.g., heavy CRT monitors...
>
>Regards,
>John Ward

yes sir John.. it holds two 21" tubes just fine.. and the
Beast machine! very sturdy with no shaking really.. that
is unless you want to excite some serious L-R sinusoidal
motion (which never happens really).. but front to back is
solid. http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/dual_Sim.jpg

-Gregory

p.s. how about those Brits named Trevor... :)

GREGORY

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 08:23:52 +1000, "John Ward"
<johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:

> Do those tables support much..
>
>John Ward

Forgot to mention the tables come in 60", 72", and 96" lengths by 30"
wide (deep). The 60" (see dual-tube pic) would be the strongest and
sturdiest.. IMHO. There's also a 48" length by 24" wide (deep).. but
not enough room for a keyboard really. Did you ever get around to
building those `monitor hanger' platforms? <:)

-Gregory

Hi Gregory,

I'll see if I can post a pic'.

I only needed one small one, in the end, but I am thinking of a bigger
table, mate....

Regards,
John ward