What happened to Jesse Jackson Jr?

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Simple Jackson got caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar.His insatiable materialistic ways ruined his political career.He should go to jail and learn from this.His illness is a copout to me.

Im just thinking that if hed been brought up as being the buck stops with you, no excuses, youre responsible for what you do, as opposed to an environment is whats the problem, isnt the parents or parent the major forming influence on a child?
And at the least, a large part?

Sometimes stuff happens, people can fall thru a crack, but certainly he had a good example and again, plenty of help and guidelines to follow?
This is a dangerous precedent, and not the only one, where the disconnect between whos working for whom, and whos monies are whomevers is somehow lost.

If this were the former mayor of San Diego, which in many ways was worse, itd be one thing, but this is from a strong respectable family, and to me, a much further fall

JDJ, I need to disagree with you. The JJ, Jr apple did not fall far from the JJ, Sr. tree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Jackson#Personal_life

In 2001, it was revealed Jackson had an affair with a staffer, Karin Stanford, that resulted in the birth of a daughter, Ashley, in May 1999. According to CNN, in August 1999 The Rainbow Push Coalition had paid Stanford $15,000 in moving expenses and $21,000 in payment for contracting work. A promised advance of an additional $40,000 against future contracting work was rescinded once the affair became public. This incident prompted Jackson to withdraw from activism for a short time. Jackson was paying $4,000 a month in child support as of 2001.

Well, to me, the only thing, or good thing hes ever said, SR that is, is to worry about the BBB.
Look it up, as in bad black brother, and this only came after his mothers apartment was burblarized , and she lived on the second floor, and they broke in from the outside.

My point here is, a icon of certain political beliefs has raised a son, a son whos been a disgace, as was the daughter in law, and so was he.
These acts cant be swept under the rug, and Im sure the MSM will do thier best to do so.
We obviosly need to take a better look at who we consider is our leaders, and on all sides, unless were so corrupt we can relate.
Dr Carson has said what Ive read and known for years, and he also warns about our society, one which is similar to all the great societies of the past, all fell due to corruption, as greed leading to power removed rational deeds.
This is what I think we are seeing here, in micro, but put it up against the greater whole of our leaders, and its easy to see the trend, and no, its not OK, and no, it isnt just one here or there.
We can pick many school districts out of control, teachers, principles, clergy, elected officials etc, Im just pointing out what is supposedly good, as in the name of Jackson for instance, isnt good, and those buying into it are the true uneducate, and thru this, as Dr Carson has said, those great societies have fallen, while the power hungry, and those who are attracted to such things give praise, leading many astray

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Dr Carson is an honest person and should have been a role model for Jackson.It is to late now.

C'mon, let's be realistic here...I was not at all surprise to find out that JJ Jr. was a morally and politically bankrupt as his father...sins of the father!

I think his "illness" was strees induced and brought on the by the realization that sooner or later he knew he was gonna busted.

Totally agree...Where the heck has Dr. Ben Carson been hiding all these years?! He reminds me of other great black conservative thinkers like Thomas Sowell, JC Watts, and Tim Scott. I look forward to hearing more Dr. Carson!