Still can't keep "my recent items" full

September 24, 2004 2:41:33 PM

Hi,

I still have the same problem with "My Recent Items". It
empties every time I restart. And, it's not a public lab
computer. It's my own personal computer.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mark

More about : recent items full

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 4:02:15 PM

Ok can't blame the IT guys then. I'll keep thinking and
ck back if find any good news.

Does it do this with everyone that uses the computer - if
no one else you might try adding another user to check
this out.

Good luck. and post back

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 4:09:58 PM

You might check out this page:

Good luck again and be careful with the registary editor.

Policy:Clear history of recent documents on exit
Documents menu when
the user logs off.
Registry Value:"ClearRecentDocsOnExit"

us;292504&Product=winxp

Anonymous
September 25, 2004 1:19:36 PM

Mark,

Recent Documents list is cleared on each reboot?:
http://www.winxptutor.com/recentdocsclear.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k