FX-57 at 3.86 Gigahertz.......WOW!

netspiderz-net

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
Please! Me too if I go with my Pentium D805 in Alaska with the penguins I can reach 5GHz!! WTH!!

Without all of those crap I'm running the D805 at 3.6GHz!! Come on! only with a simple FAN! without create the ICE AGE! LOLOLOLOLOL :lol:

ahahahahah FX special effect in the ICE AGE eheheheh LOLOLOL, ok sorry. :idea:

netspiderz-net

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
Ok Ok! There are no penguins in Alaska...! So I will take my D805 in Antartica with the penguins! And I will run it at 5.1GHz and the penguins will come all together to see how I can bit the AMD processor ... look this is a big water cooler and they are all waiting us ...

_1716577_penguin5.jpg

madshrimp

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&number=4&artpage=1895&articID=458

Don't FX-57's have the "Cold Bug"...hitting around -50C IIRC. If so, then i wonder how they got around that? :? Or was that FX-55?

while the base temp of the container was indeed below -50°C, the CPU was at -20°C :)

K8MAN

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2005

Don't FX-57's have the "Cold Bug"...hitting around -50C IIRC. If so, then i wonder how they got around that? :? Or was that FX-55?

You also dont have to boot up at the temp your working with and the vcore + FSB can be changed within windows. Overclocking at that level requires alot of patience and skill.

Wow 3.86 GHz and super pi at 53.484 seconds (2M).

Let's see, wow core 2 duo at 4.4 GHz super pi 28.812 seconds (2M)
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1471031&postcount=127

You mean a Core 2 duo doesn't cut the time in half. Can the Core 2 duo running only 1 core beat the FX-57 with both OCed?

If AMD gets wind of this they may make a run for the gamming crown in single core. The FX-57 isnt' even a 65nm CPU. If AMD made a single core FX 65nm it could spell real trouble for Intel.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

You also dont have to boot up at the temp your working with and the vcore + FSB can be changed within windows. Overclocking at that level requires alot of patience and skill.Yes, i realize that most heavy duty overclocking is done through Clock-Gen, but that shouldn't negate the cold-bug if the processor still drops to that temp.

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006

Hmm....core duo isnt 2 years old is it? Hmmm....actually it doesnt even exist yet....hmmmm it's not even single core...hmmm....

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

Hmm....core duo isnt 2 years old is it? Hmmm....actually it doesnt even exist yet....hmmmm it's not even single core...hmmm....Dual-core doesn't help in super pi.

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006

Hmm....core duo isnt 2 years old is it? Hmmm....actually it doesnt even exist yet....hmmmm it's not even single core...hmmm....

1. No it isn't 2 years old yet, but that doesn't change the fact that it whips the FX.

2. It does exist, even you cannot deny that. However it has not been released to sell yet.

3. Can't argue on that one, it is only a single core they overclocked. I do believe that even if it was a dual core, the conroe would still beat it.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
3. Can't argue on that one, it is only a single core they overclocked. I do believe that even if it was a dual core, the conroe would still beat it.
The conroes that are setting the WR's have 1 core disabled, so that's a non-issue. MrsD does this all the time. Pops in types a few clueless posts, then leaves before she has to see the inevitable backlash due to her uninformed garbage.

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Then having dual cores would not be an issue when compairing to singles. Did not know that they had one disabled.

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006

1. No it isn't 2 years old yet, but that doesn't change the fact that it whips the FX.

2. It does exist, even you cannot deny that. However it has not been released to sell yet.

1) Of course it would beat a 2 year old architecture with less clock speed and 1/4 the cache. lol.
2)Can you go buy a Conroe right now? Didnt think so. That means its not available fool!
3)Of course it would beat it, its more efficient newer technology at a higher clock speed with quadruple the cache. DUH!

Dual-core doesn't help in super pi.

Ummm...could you quote where I mentioned it did? Could you quote where I even mentioned super pi 8O :?:

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Hmmm....actually it doesnt even exist yet

It does exist, even you cannot deny that. However it has not been released to sell yet.

Can you go buy a Conroe right now? Didnt think so. That means its
not available fool!

I guess that you do not have the ability to read do you?

However it has not been released to sell yet.

What does that mean? I stated that it is not released to sale! Who is the fool now? Maybe when you get some sense you should come back and try again.

1) Of course it would beat a 2 year old architecture with less clock speed and 1/4 the cache. lol.

Would you be pissing and moaning over this point if the situation was reversed and it was AMD with the newer CPU? Don't think so. Technology moves on, it is not uncommon to compare old CPUs with new ones to show the advantage, get over it.

There is a slightly higher clockspeed for a FX-57.
However, any of todays processor easily is better than a FX-57.
Not in games. Only 1 or 2 games have been patched for dual core and while in these the FX-60 or FX-62 should win all other games the FX-57 beats them hands down.

Super Pi must use both cores for if it didn't the the FX-57 would kill the FX-60 in tests. The FX-57 being clocked 200Mhz higher than the FX-60 gives it the advantage in all single core games and the single core FX-57 can easly outclock the dual core FX's and maybe a threat to even the conroe in games.

The single core FX would be a threat because its cheaper to make being it has half the structure of dual cores. Both the price and performance could cause Intel real headaches and Intel would be atleast 4 months making a single core version of their core 2 duo.

The current Core 2 duo's couldn't beat in single core a single core 65nm FX clocked to 3.6 or 3.8Ghz. If OCers can hit 3.8 at the 90nm with the single core FX's then AMD could mass produce them at 3.6 or 3.8Ghz in 65nm.

Why would AMD go back to single core is to slow Core 2 duo's sales until K8L come would be the best reason. This would Force Intel to either up their Ghz which would add alot of cost to their CPU's or come with a single core version themselves.

kuff_kuff

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Not in games. Only 1 or 2 games have been patched for dual core and while in these the FX-60 or FX-62 should win all other games the FX-57 beats them hands down.

Super Pi must use both cores for if it didn't the the FX-57 would kill the FX-60 in tests. The FX-57 being clocked 200Mhz higher than the FX-60 gives it the advantage in all single core games and the single core FX-57 can easly outclock the dual core FX's and maybe a threat to even the conroe in games.

The single core FX would be a threat because its cheaper to make being it has half the structure of dual cores. Both the price and performance could cause Intel real headaches and Intel would be atleast 4 months making a single core version of their core 2 duo.

The current Core 2 duo's couldn't beat in single core a single core 65nm FX clocked to 3.6 or 3.8Ghz. If OCers can hit 3.8 at the 90nm with the single core FX's then AMD could mass produce them at 3.6 or 3.8Ghz in 65nm.

Why would AMD go back to single core is to slow Core 2 duo's sales until K8L come would be the best reason. This would Force Intel to either up their Ghz which would add alot of cost to their CPU's or come with a single core version themselves.

Tell me what enthusiast in their right mind is going to buy a single core processor at this stage? how many times in the last 3 months have you heard about an FX-57 being praised for gaming performance and recommended as a worthy upgrade??

Single core world is being phased out and the FX-62 is 2xFX-57, if AMD even tries to promote a single core gaming machine, intel will tear them to shreds in marketing, and they wouldnt have to lie.

Oh! and btw intel is bringing out single core Conroe cpus next year "Conroe-L"

Tell me what enthusiast in their right mind is going to buy a single core processor at this stage? how many times in the last 3 months have you heard about an FX-57 being praised for gaming performance and recommended as a worthy upgrade??

Single core world is being phased out and the FX-62 is 2xFX-57, if AMD even tries to promote a single core gaming machine, intel will tear them to shreds in marketing, and they wouldnt have to lie.

Oh! and btw intel is bringing out single core Conroe cpus next year "Conroe-L"
Any enthusiast that wants the best gaming CPU. If its less than $700 and beats the x6800 at 2.93Ghz, which a 3.8Ghz single core FX could in games, and saves me the cost of a new mobo and memory I would buy it for my son.

Praised no but only because AMD isn't promoting the FX-57 anymore. Benchmarks shows FX-55 2.6Ghz in games are as fast as the FX-60 at 2.6Ghz. The FX-62 2.8Ghz isnt as fast as the FX-57 2.8Ghz in games because its on the slower AM2 mobo. Only the future FX-62 2.8Ghz on the 939 or the FX-64 3.0Ghz on AM2 will perform equal or more than the FX-57 2.8Ghz in games.

Oh! that single core 2 duo would be up again the K8L because Intel would atleast take 4 months to finalize the new design. AMD could come with the single core FX, old design at the 65nm process, at 3.6 to 3.8Ghz next month just in time to destroy the Core 2 duo in games.

AMD could do this and It would work if they choice to as the cheaper price would off set the future performance of games coded for dual core CPU's. Could 2 FX single cores at 3.8Ghz on the 4X4 beat the X6800? I would have to say no as added over head would limit 2 CPU's to maybe 1.6% gain in dual core programs.

I plan on buying the E6600 for myself to replace my old Celeron 1.8Ghz because, I mostly do programming and document writing on my PC, in none gamming software which a dual core is unmatched.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

1. Don't forget, Conroe is based on a 7 year old architecture(P3) so age is irrelevent in your argument. Plus having more clock-speed isn't important....Remember AMD, and all it's Fanboys have shoved that down Intel owners throat's for years. Hippocrits. Cache doesn't matter either- AMD is cutting theirs, so they're either screwing you...or it's not important- you pick.

2)Can you go buy a Conroe right now? Didnt think so. That means its not available fool!
Your original lame statement was
Hmmm....actually it doesnt even exist yet
Yes it DOES existperiod.End of story.

3)Of course it would beat it, its more efficient newer technology at a higher clock speed with quadruple the cache. DUH!.
More efficient-YES. Newer technology-Not if you listen to every AMD fans in these forums(P3 Based...remember). Higher clock-speed-Unimportant :roll: Quadruple the cache-doesn't matter either.

Ummm...could you quote where I mentioned it did? Could you quote where I even mentioned super pi 8O :?:
Yes...Jack replied with super pi times, you got offened(as usual, and pouted), and replied to his post.That means You are referring to super pi.

Hmm....core duo isnt 2 years old is it? Hmmm....actually it doesnt even exist yet....hmmmm it's not even single core...hmmm.... OWNED. Now, go argue with someone who buys your brand of BS. I know, go to Sharikous Blog, or MMM's blog....they'd love another faithful disciple of FUD.