Which is better?

ndfong

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Hi,

Im new to this board and would like some input from you guys about this 2 cards.

1. ATi Radeon All In Wonder X1800 PCI-E and 256MB GDDR3

2. SAPPHIRE Radeon X850XT 256MB GDDR3 AGP

I dont really care about AGP or PCI-EXP, just raw power and technologies point of view.

Can anyone here tell me which is better?

Thanks in adv

Andy

merrick97

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2005
The X1800 blows away the X850XT.

I dont honestly expect anyone to disagree with me on this.

If you were looking at buying something though, Id save a little extra and buy an X1900XT or if you had to buy something in that price range go with the Geforce 7900GT, but the X1900XT is plenty worth the extra $$$

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
nah, 850XT rox lol... (sorry, i just had to add that... its my twisted sense of humour)

x850xt vs x1800... one word... Oblivion... PS 3.0 is needed to make this game look the best

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
if u are interwted only in getign one of these 2 gpu's i would go with the 1800 aiw its newer technology, btw have u considered geting the 1900aiw it hasmore shaders that will be important in the future (1 year and on, not mantioning right now;))i was going to but to be honest i will get a separete gpu and a tv tuner , i always was a all in wonder fan, and always prefared to go the all in wonder way, but the fact that technology changes quite rapidly lately a non tv tuner combined cards usually are faster, btw u might want to check www.ati.com for their comparison charts there. but betwean only those 2 cards i think i woulf go 1800 aiw i use to watch a lot of tv on the cp while i do other work (talk about multitasking :wink: ) lol i always liked the aiw tv tuner and a gpu in one solution- smaller power consumption thatn geting a separate tv tuner (they use about 40 W ...about)

ndfong

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Thanks for all the feedback. Greatly appreciated.

But, I think I'll go with the X800 XL from ATi (Financial problem) its on their website.

They had it for special (theres a catch for this) its refurbish.

Only $139.99 CDN with a 1 year warranty. Personally I think the $ can buy is on par with performance/money ratio.

Does this card good enough for Age Of Empire 3? on med-high settings. Cause thats basicly the only game that I play.

Thanks.

Andy

PS: All of this upgrade is from the video card that I have right now GeForce 2 MX-400. So I think I can see huge performance and quality difference, since its been so many years.

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
enjoy the card , lol im still using my ati all in wonder 7500 oldie gpu, and i have been able to play aoe3 only on low video lvls ( to be honest i dont even think i tried any other settings) the 1800 aiw whould handle aoe3 minium on medium lvls , there was a gpu comparison chart here at tom's hardware and aoe3 is actualy one of the test software used( and alsoI think there is a cpu test chart for aoe3 also available)
I myselfe am waiting to build a new system either with the 190xt (but ill wait till it drops to $400 lvls or below) or i might even wait till teh dx10 cards come out, which i think will be thebest thing to do, considering that im using my present gpu for about the past 2 years or so (but to be honest i got this one just because it had a tv tuner ;)( i bought the nvidias 5000 series but had to return it (had problems with it)

enjoy ur buy m8 :D