MOREPOWERPLEASE123

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Good evening y'all. Quick question. I'm in the process of buying some of the parts for a new computer.(case, psu, hard drives, ect.) Holding off on the mobo and cpu for the price cuts. I have one quick question though. My old computer has a Microsoft wireless optical desktop elite for keyboard and mouse. When I was looking for that on newegg, I found this http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16823109153
which appears to be even better. Does anybody have experience with this keyboard? I LOVE my current setup. I've never had problems with this keyboard. I'm not looking for opinions about what the "best" keyboard is, that's a matter of preference. I'm looking for somebody who has used this keyboard who can tell me if it's as reliable as what I've got, or if I should just get another of the same? Thanks for your help.

Evad_jr

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
The biggest difference between Optical Desktop Elite and the Laser 6000 Desktop keyboard is that your's is straight while the 6000 has that "Comfort Curve" config. If you game a lot you might want to stick to a keyboard that has a straight configuration although I have some friends using the 6000 now and didn't notice a big difference in key placement, plus when using it to type a lot they like the curve better.

As for the mouse that comes with it, its big - but its laser and it works well. If you have big hands or like the high-arch type of mice then you will love that mouse.

Hope that helps.

sailer

Splendid
Personally, I like the ergonimic design. I have some nerve damage in my wrists and its a lot more comfortable the straight layout keyboards. The mouse has its problems, but I don't know how much is the mouse and how much is me. I switched to a logitek mouse. As with many wireless designs, some work better than others and many times how well they work depnds more on the individual's tastes and habits than on the keyboard itself.

One consideration; if you love your current setup, why change?

MOREPOWERPLEASE123

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Thank's for your input. I apreciate it. I think I'll go ahead and get it. As to the question, why change, I want to keep both my old and my new computer set up. So, I'm going to need a new keyboard for either my old computer and transfer that one over to the new, or get a better one for the new one and keep the original on my old computer. Once again, thanks. Have a GREAT night...PEACE!!!!