Removing Screen Savers

Barry

Is there anyway to remove the screen savers (or some of them) that comes
with WINXP..
Thanks
Barry/Austin

------------------------------
Barry wrote:

Is there anyway to remove the screen savers (or some of them) that comes
with WINXP
------------------------------
Sure, press Winkey+F - click "All Files And Folders" - type "*.scr" and
press Search.
Once it's done just rightclick the ones you don't want and click Delete. If
you aren't sure of the names you can click them to see which is which.

NOTE: Once you've deleted them you can't get them back!

John.

Barry

Doesn't work...........I've deleted them 4/5 times and they keep coming
back.....Thanks anyway
Barry/Austin

"John Paul" <JohnPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ------------------------------
> Barry wrote:
>
> Is there anyway to remove the screen savers (or some of them) that comes
> with WINXP
> ------------------------------
> Sure, press Winkey+F - click "All Files And Folders" - type "*.scr" and
> press Search.
> Once it's done just rightclick the ones you don't want and click Delete.
If
> you aren't sure of the names you can click them to see which is which.
>
> NOTE: Once you've deleted them you can't get them back!
>

> John.

How about just not using them? If you are running out of space on your hard
drive, removing the screen savers is only a marginal solution and you need
to look at the really large files. Archiving some seldom used data to cd's
or dvd's would probably help as would a new external hard drive or a larger
internal hard drive. This is especially true if the problem is large
numbers of mp3 and/or picture files.