Quite common, Elle. Mine is larger than that.
--
Patty MacDuffie
MS MVP 2000-2004

"Elle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windoes xp is taking up 4.07 GB on my drive is this usual?

tonys

Elle wrote:
: Windoes xp is taking up 4.07 GB on my drive is this usual?
How do you determine what is windows and what is other programs and
files?
TonyS

I right click on the windows folder and click on properties

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

That's about right.
"Elle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windoes xp is taking up 4.07 GB on my drive is this usual?

tonys

::: Windoes xp is taking up 4.07 GB on my drive is this
: usual?
:: How do you determine what is windows and what is other programs and
:: files?
:: TonyS
::
::
:: .
: I right click on the windows folder and click on properties

Mine is only 2.6Gb but pagefile is on another disk so 4 seems about
right.
TonyS

The page file is NOT IN the Windows folder.

My Windows folder is 1.78 GB on disk and 1.97 GB total. 7.81 GB used on my C drive(page file is 1 GB of that). Documents, pictures, email, newsgroups, etc. and some large programs are on different drives.

--
Just my 2¢ worth,
Jeff
"TonyS" <t0ny2t0ne@ATT.not> wrote in message news:GL05d.1119$JG2.669@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...

| Mine is only 2.6Gb but pagefile is on another disk so 4 seems about
| right.
| TonyS

My Windows folder reports 6.56GB out of the 42GB of space used. Sounds like
you're fine.

"Elle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windoes xp is taking up 4.07 GB on my drive is this usual?

Gordon

Colin Barnhorst cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:
> My Windows folder reports 6.56GB out of the 42GB of space used. Sounds like
> you're fine.
>
> "Elle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>Windoes xp is taking up 4.07 GB on my drive is this usual?

What on EARTH have you got in there? Mine (with SP2 is ONLY 2.05GB!)

Since I did beta testing on some things like Virtual Server and have both
Visual Studio .Net and 2005 beta plus the Express betas, I suppose the
number of system files get rather large. I don't take a census. I was just
chiming in to give the poster an idea of the range of sizes the Windows
folder can assume. Why?