• Systems
Last response: in Systems
June 15, 2006 1:01:27 PM

hi all experts~
i am going to build a new system with 1250dollars
hope any of you can give me some opinions
except keyboard i would need everything including monitor
and i hope to use core 2
this would be the lsit i am going to buy once the Core 2 is released.

More about : 1250 building system core2 advice

June 15, 2006 1:04:41 PM

i need this pc for gaming and also mutimedia editing
BF2, photshopCS2 and so on
June 16, 2006 4:56:00 PM

I might be going out on a limb here, but since core2duo isn't launched yet how can anyone know what will be good. It's rather speculative. Have you built a computer before? Don't you have any of your own opinions on parts besides what you want to use it for. Most people who want a computer designed for them go to hp, dell or alienware.
Related resources
June 16, 2006 7:26:43 PM

As jimytheassassin has stated Conroe (Core 2 Duo) is not out yet. But it is possible to get an estimate of the cost of each component.

Accroding to this Xbitlabs article, Conroe E6600 will be sold for $315 in lots of 1000. Assume a 20% retail mark up, that comes out to $378. The E6400 will be sold for $240 in lots of 1000, again assume a 20% retail markup for $288.

Current 975X motherboards are on sale for $200+. Assume a 975XBX mobo for Conroe to be about $250. Motherboards based on the 965 chipset may sell for $175, not sure if these will be available once Conroe is released or afterwards.

DDR2 800 RAM is about $300 for 2.0GB. DDR2 667 is what, $200? I don't know, too lazy to check right now.

Assuming you buy the second fastest Conroe (the E6600, not including the Extreme Edition), a 975XBX mobo, and DD2 800 RAM that equals $928. That leaves you with $322 for the video card, hard drives, case and anything else you may need. That's not a lot of money for those components.

Let's assume you are buying the Conroe E6400 CPU, with a 965 motherboard, and DDR2 667 RAM. That comes out to $663 which leaves you $587 for the GPU and anything you may need.

You can play around with these estimates all you want, but until the components are available you won't know exactly how much you will be spending.
June 16, 2006 8:12:44 PM

pricing estimates and conclusion for fun. Good summary jaguarskx. It's really shooting blind. Besides that it seems current boards will not support core2duo..with out revision, it's harder to guess what board will be stable and appropriately priced. mobo preview shots If you're truely interested you should read every review, bench and article, and forum you can find on the subject, note components and build a list to search for at retailers when parts are available. :!: If you simply want someone here to list what to buy..then my list would be this upon launch.. otherwise come back with some real questions about components when it's time. to build is to learn

Dell Core2Duo
Dell Case
Dell Motherboard
Dell PSU
Dell Ram
Dell Hard drive
You're gettin a Dell Dude :lol: 
June 16, 2006 8:19:44 PM

interesting post to say the least, a gaming rig for 1000 thats cutting edge almost =P
June 16, 2006 8:26:13 PM

You're right, perhaps the advice to be given is to find a way to turn that $1200 into $2400...Maybe you should invest in AMD stock :wink:
June 17, 2006 6:39:30 PM

jimytheassassin,jaguarskx
thx you very much
i thought 1250 was a lot for building a computer
but after reading what you've said
it seems its really not enough...
but anyway everyone has its limits
i really want to use this money in the best way so i came to sak for advice
some stuff i might buy a bit earlier such as case and monitor
and buy other stuff as well
once the core2 is out and then the computer would be able to run
thats what i thought before
but now i really dont know what to do
its too expensive for me?(core2)
or i even shouldn use it?
i chose it because i have read the test from tom's and it says that its better than amd a lot.
June 17, 2006 7:02:54 PM

Quote:
jimytheassassin,jaguarskx
thx you very much
i thought 1250 was a lot for building a computer
but after reading what you've said
it seems its really not enough...
but anyway everyone has its limits
i really want to use this money in the best way so i came to sak for advice
some stuff i might buy a bit earlier such as case and monitor
and buy other stuff as well
once the core2 is out and then the computer would be able to run
thats what i thought before
but now i really dont know what to do
its too expensive for me?(core2)
or i even shouldn use it?
i chose it because i have read the test from tom's and it says that its better than amd a lot.
Yes, Conroe would be your best bet but, as you said,we all have our budgets. You can either wait until you CAN afford an Intel system, or grab an x2 3800+, which will fit into your budget. It may not perform as great as a Conroe based setup, but, it still should suit your needs....especially if you're willing to overclock.

PS. If you wait until after July 24th, P4D's, and Athlon x2's will drop in price. GL :) 
June 17, 2006 7:49:58 PM

E6600
X1800XT or 7900 GT
Mobo... you better decide when all Core 2 Duo chipsets are out
OCZ ModStream 450W PSU (or something similar)
Case... uh, grab one you like =)
Dell 2007WFP (Monitor is gonna be the most expensive part of the rig and it will hurt badly :o  )
WD Raptor 74GB maybe? You could also go with 250/320 GB model if you need the space
GeIL Ultra DIMM 2 GB DDR2-667 Kit
Razer Copperhead

Well... thats prolly way over the budget but you can still wait until the parts are cheaper *roflz*
June 17, 2006 8:05:46 PM

Quote:
Current 975X motherboards are on sale for $200+. Assume a 975XBX mobo for Conroe to be about $250. Motherboards based on the 965 chipset may sell for $175, not sure if these will be available once Conroe is released or afterwards.

There are also the nforce5x0-based mobos - the nforce570 may be cheaper than that.
Also, as most games nowadays are gpu-limited, so I'd rather go with the cheaper E6400 or even E6300 and a stronger gfx card like a 7800 or x1800, which might drop in price till then.