Hobbicolors refills

Just wanted to say I bought a refill kit for a canon IP4000 printer from
these people. Just writing this for people looking for a supplier. They were
prompt at answering thier e-mails and seem to be really good folks to do
buisness with. The kit seems to be a nice kit. I have not actually ran thier
ink in my printer yet though. I am not associated with these folks in
anyway, I was just posting this in case someone had questions about this
company.

BURT

please post your experience after you use their ink. The cartridges look
great for a refiller.

"Marge" <sssupply@nospamcableone.net> wrote in message
> Just wanted to say I bought a refill kit for a canon IP4000 printer from
> these people. Just writing this for people looking for a supplier. They
> were
> prompt at answering thier e-mails and seem to be really good folks to do
> buisness with. The kit seems to be a nice kit. I have not actually ran
> thier
> ink in my printer yet though. I am not associated with these folks in
> anyway, I was just posting this in case someone had questions about this
> company.

Do you know what mfg/formulator brand of ink they sell?

Marge wrote:

>Just wanted to say I bought a refill kit for a canon IP4000 printer from
>these people. Just writing this for people looking for a supplier. They were
>prompt at answering thier e-mails and seem to be really good folks to do
>buisness with. The kit seems to be a nice kit. I have not actually ran thier
>ink in my printer yet though. I am not associated with these folks in
>anyway, I was just posting this in case someone had questions about this
>company.

No I do not know what brand of ink they sell. When I got the kit in it had a
2 oz. bottle of black and a 4 oz bottle of black. I started looking at the
bottles and they both said photo ink. I e-mailed these guys and told them
both bottles were the same. He apologized to me saying he thought he had
explained to me that is the way they send the kits, they do not use the
other type and if I need the other type of black I should probably go oem.
He offered to make arrangements to pick the kit up and give me a full
refund. I told him that was not necessary I just wanted to make sure there
had not been a mistake in packaging. I got quick response to the emails I
sent them though,and he did apologize for not explaining the deal with the
black inks. He said he tell most people, and I do think it is on thier
website, it was just a mistake. I really did not make much difference to me
though. I am just a casual printer, not in buisness or anything like that so
I am probably not as critical as some of you have to be. THey just seemed
pleasent to do buisness with and seemed more than willing to compensate for
any misunderstanding.

Marge wrote:

>No I do not know what brand of ink they sell. When I got the kit in it had a
>2 oz. bottle of black and a 4 oz bottle of black. I started looking at the
>bottles and they both said photo ink. I e-mailed these guys and told them
>both bottles were the same. He apologized to me saying he thought he had
>explained to me that is the way they send the kits, they do not use the
>other type and if I need the other type of black I should probably go oem.
>He offered to make arrangements to pick the kit up and give me a full
>refund. I told him that was not necessary I just wanted to make sure there
>had not been a mistake in packaging. I got quick response to the emails I
>sent them though,and he did apologize for not explaining the deal with the
>black inks. He said he tell most people, and I do think it is on thier
>website, it was just a mistake. I really did not make much difference to me
>though. I am just a casual printer,

If you are a Casual printer why would you want to take a chance with non
OEM ink and to through the bother and possible mess of refilling
cartridges? In aggregate, you will not save any meaningful money.

>not in buisness or anything like that so
>I am probably not as critical as some of you have to be. THey just seemed
>pleasent to do buisness with and seemed more than willing to compensate for
>any misunderstanding.
>"Marge" <sssupply@nospamcableone.net> wrote in message
>

>>Just wanted to say I bought a refill kit for a canon IP4000 printer from
>>these people. Just writing this for people looking for a supplier. They
>>

>were
>

>>prompt at answering thier e-mails and seem to be really good folks to do
>>buisness with. The kit seems to be a nice kit. I have not actually ran
>>

>thier
>

>>ink in my printer yet though. I am not associated with these folks in
>>anyway, I was just posting this in case someone had questions about this
>>company.

BURT

Some people have more time than money, and others have more money than time.
Difficult to decide for someone else if refilling is "worth it." I can
afford OEM carts but have the time to refill and I don't mind doing it. Fun
beating the system, I guess! I can afford to hire a gardener but enjoy
trimming my own hedge. I can afford to purchase flies for fly fishing but
prefer to tie my own. I did all my own car repairs for years as well. I,
like many people, just enjoy the process and doing it myself! Maybe Marge
feels that way as well. Once you get the routine of filling down pat it is
not all that messy. The Hobbicolor carts have a screw fill hole that is
really easy to use. Read the information from Neil Slade's site on
refilling http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html and also email
Ron Cohen - you can search this NG for his posts and get his email address -
as he has prepared a very nice pdf. file describing his technique of
refilling. Both are very good descriptions. I started refilling using
Neil's technique and have continued with it.