VoIP Gateway Identification

Hi There,

I recently picked up a bunch of computer parts,and among them appears
to be a VoIP gateway, however, I am having trouble identifying it so I
can find a user manual for it. I have some pictures of it here:

http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001941
http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001942
http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001943
http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001944
http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001945
http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001946

Unfortunately, not all the pictures look good, but they should give an
idea of what it is.

Basically, the only identifier on it is in the upper right on the
front, where it has "VF 9600". There are no other labels, serial
numbers, etc. on the unit.

The back has what appear to be two RJ45 jacks labelled "EN 1" and "EN
2", and four RJ11 jacks labelled "Line 2", "Phone 2", "Line 1", and
"Phone 1".

There is also a serial console port, but I have not had any success in
getting any sort of serial access when connecting a serial cable to it
(I do know how to connect to a device using a serial connection; I do
it every day at work)

Any light you may be able to shed on this would be great. I am
planning onsetting up a VoIP PBX using Asterisk at home, and amwanting
to see if this VoIP gateway might be a suitable alternative to
purchasing some hardware from Digium.

Thank you, in advance.

Sincerely,

Alan Murrell

DC

Alan Murrell wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I recently picked up a bunch of computer parts,and among them appears
> to be a VoIP gateway, however, I am having trouble identifying it so I
> can find a user manual for it. I have some pictures of it here:
>
> http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001941
> http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001942
> http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001943
> http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001944
> http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001945
> http://www.murrell.ca/voip/IM001946
>
> Unfortunately, not all the pictures look good, but they should give an
> idea of what it is.
>
> Basically, the only identifier on it is in the upper right on the
> front, where it has "VF 9600". There are no other labels, serial
> numbers, etc. on the unit.
>
> The back has what appear to be two RJ45 jacks labelled "EN 1" and "EN
> 2", and four RJ11 jacks labelled "Line 2", "Phone 2", "Line 1", and
> "Phone 1".
>
> There is also a serial console port, but I have not had any success in
> getting any sort of serial access when connecting a serial cable to it
> (I do know how to connect to a device using a serial connection; I do
> it every day at work)
>
> Any light you may be able to shed on this would be great. I am
> planning onsetting up a VoIP PBX using Asterisk at home, and amwanting
> to see if this VoIP gateway might be a suitable alternative to
> purchasing some hardware from Digium.
>
> Thank you, in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Alan Murrell