Scenery

If you had $75 to spend on scenery for FS 2004 and you hadn't installed any
add-ons previously, what would you buy?

Rubix
4 answers Last reply
More about scenery

    "Rubix"
    > If you had $75 to spend on scenery for FS 2004 and you hadn't installed
    any
    > add-ons previously, what would you buy?

    1) FSGenesis mesh for your preferred flying areas
    2) Ultimate Terrain if you fly in Canada or USA

    I'd save the rest for Birds Eye View when it comes out.

    Dallas

    I'd put your money in FSGenesis Landclass and possibly some mesh from the
    same source depending on where you fly in the simulator. For the buck, this
    will give you a great improvement. Above that, you might want to consider
    Ultimate Terrain which will completely revamp your scenery world.
    That leaves Birds Eye View, which will complete the scenery and is due out
    shortly.
    There are specific area sceneries like Misty Fjords which are absolutely
    first rate but more localized to an area and a preferred way of using the
    simulator.
    Scenery is an individual call.
    Before you buy anything, do some research and find out how what you are
    considering will interface with what you have in the system in the way of
    resources. Doing this can be time VERY well spent.
    Dudley Henriques
    "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
    > If you had $75 to spend on scenery for FS 2004 and you hadn't installed
    > any add-ons previously, what would you buy?
    >
    > Rubix

    Hi Rubix,

    1. If you could stretch it to $150, you could sign up for FSGenesis
    "GalaxyPlus Lifetime Membership", which entitles you to everything they've
    done, and everything they do in the future!!

    Justin and his mob are widely regarded as, overall, the best in the
    business.....

    2. BirdsEyeView, when it's released:

    http://www.flightsim-bevs.com/

    It seems to be the best thing since sliced barramundi! :-)

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
    > If you had $75 to spend on scenery for FS 2004 and you hadn't installed
    > any add-ons previously, what would you buy?
    >
    > Rubix

    Rubix

    One piece of advice. If you are thinking of buying any fancy airport scenery
    check that it doesn't kill the frame rates for other users with similar
    systems. I've now removed the UK airports that I had installed because it
    ruined things for me.

    I would second the other suggestion about FSGenesis.

    Regards

    Geoff

    "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
    > If you had $75 to spend on scenery for FS 2004 and you hadn't installed
    any
    > add-ons previously, what would you buy?
    >
    > Rubix

Games Microsoft Video Games