HP LaserJet 1100 feeding problems

My LaserJet 1100 suddenly started grabbing several (like about 5)
sheets of paper at a time when printing.

Why is this happening?

Can this be fixed?

TIA,
NJ

Other than that are you satisfied with the 1100 (current model 1200);
especially print text quality. I have a 990 and have read that the 1100
with the separate ink tanks and expensive replaceable print heads went
down in print quality for business documents.

For business use, my HP 990Cse has a fabulous draft that rivals normal
quality from other printers but is faster. The standard print quality,
while slower is even better. The high quality mode is seldom used
because it is very slow and only marginally better than standard.

NJ wrote:

>My LaserJet 1100 suddenly started grabbing several (like about 5)
>sheets of paper at a time when printing.
>
>Why is this happening?
>
>Can this be fixed?
>
>TIA,
>NJ

The original thread was about a feed problem on the HP LASERJET 1100. What
are you talking about ?

measekite wrote:

> Other than that are you satisfied with the 1100 (current model 1200);
> especially print text quality. I have a 990 and have read that the 1100
> with the separate ink tanks and expensive replaceable print heads went
> down in print quality for business documents.
>
> For business use, my HP 990Cse has a fabulous draft that rivals normal
> quality from other printers but is faster. The standard print quality,
> while slower is even better. The high quality mode is seldom used
> because it is very slow and only marginally better than standard.
>
> NJ wrote:
>
> >My LaserJet 1100 suddenly started grabbing several (like about 5)
> >sheets of paper at a time when printing.
> >
> >Why is this happening?
> >
> >Can this be fixed?
> >
> >TIA,
> >NJ

alsam

Yes and no.
Mine started doing it a few years ago.
Do a search on HP's customer support forums.
HP used to send out a free cleaner that would help solve (temp) this.
Since they have not made this printer for several years, it might not
be available.
It seems to be pretty common, whenever I see one, I always ask about
the problem and everyone has said yes.
I have cleaned mine several times. The problem kept returning.
I now use it as a back up printer at home with only a few sheets in it.
It drove me to upgrade!
Good luck.

Bummer, I was afraid of that. I guess it's time to check the Staple's
catalog and see what is available.

Thank you for the link. $20 is worth investing instead of buying a new
printer.

TRENDING THREADS