Need help on choosing between HP iPAQ 2210 and HP iPAQ hx4..

November 21, 2004 2:42:13 PM

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying either an HP iPAQ 2210/2215 or an HP iPAQ
hx4700. Besides the better display the hx4700 has WiFi built in
already, the 2210 can be upgraded with an appropriate card. The hx4700
has USB 2.0, the 2210 has USB 1.1. The hx4700 has a touchpad, which -
I read - most users don?t like all that much. The hx4700 is somewhat
bigger than the 2210.
Of course, the HP iPAQ hx4700 is a lot more expensive than the HP iPAQ
2210, so I wonder whether the hx 4700 pros are really worth the money.
Have I overlooked any other important differences? How do the two
iPAQs compare as far as the capability to be upgraded is concerned?

Peter
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 5:32:17 PM

It basically depends on what you are going to use the unit for. Keep in
mind that the hx4700 also has a 624mhz processor which is the fastest
on the market.
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 6:41:52 PM

You might have a quick look at:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4521-6522_7-5021304-1.html?tag=...

Also:

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2301&revie...

These reviews convinced me that I should keep my Ipaq 2215 rather than
replacing it with a 4700/4705.

"Peter Frank" <peter_frankde@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking about buying either an HP iPAQ 2210/2215 or an HP iPAQ
> hx4700. Besides the better display the hx4700 has WiFi built in
> already, the 2210 can be upgraded with an appropriate card. The hx4700
> has USB 2.0, the 2210 has USB 1.1. The hx4700 has a touchpad, which -
> I read - most users don?t like all that much. The hx4700 is somewhat
> bigger than the 2210.
> Of course, the HP iPAQ hx4700 is a lot more expensive than the HP iPAQ
> 2210, so I wonder whether the hx 4700 pros are really worth the money.
> Have I overlooked any other important differences? How do the two
> iPAQs compare as far as the capability to be upgraded is concerned?
>
> Peter
November 28, 2004 4:07:02 PM

I have purchaced hx4700 just recently and I was amazed by the speed of the
processor, the high resolution of the screen and most important for me the
wifi
connectivity. Mail handling is fast and easy and browsing the internet is
better featured. Furthermore the steep price will come down quite fast and in
my opinion is is better to buy a hx4700 in order to be better prepared for
growing side and demeanding applications. The memory RAM 64 Mb is somewhat
small but can be extended.

Eugene

!