voip in Europe - ch, de, at numbers

Last response: in Networking
March 26, 2005 4:46:43 PM

Hello,

Anyone knows how to have a zurich, wien, or frankfurt
voip number?

sipgate.at and .de don't offer numbers anymore, do you
know other voip providers?

No iconnetchere please, 50% of calls are lost with them,

thanks

More about : voip europe numbers

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 8:58:09 PM

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:46:43 +0100
"brix" <nia@nia.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Anyone knows how to have a zurich, wien, or frankfurt
> voip number?
>
> sipgate.at and .de don't offer numbers anymore, do you
> know other voip providers?

We (in .de) have a RegTP regulation rule enforcing that a "geographic"
phone number may only be given out to a resident of the corresponding
area, hence people from Hamburg, Rio de Janeiro or Planet Mars cannot
get a phone number in FFM (for example) ;-)

Cheers
Robert

--
"Whether Halliburton, ENRON or anyone
greed is a weapon of mass destruction"

Visit my website: http://www.byteforge.org
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 8:58:10 PM

Robert Spielmann wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:46:43 +0100
> "brix" <nia@nia.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Anyone knows how to have a zurich, wien, or frankfurt
>> voip number?
>>
>> sipgate.at and .de don't offer numbers anymore, do you
>> know other voip providers?
>
> We (in .de) have a RegTP regulation rule enforcing that a
> "geographic" phone number may only be given out to a resident of
> the corresponding area, hence people from Hamburg, Rio de Janeiro
> or Planet Mars cannot get a phone number in FFM (for example) ;-)

I know that Sipgate require that you register using a UK based IP address
to get a UK geographic number, maybe it's the same in Germany..? If so,
find someone in the area you want the number for to register an account
using your name. If they do so from a computer with a "local" IP address
it should work ok.

Ivor
March 26, 2005 9:46:27 PM

Ivor Jones wrote:

> I know that Sipgate require that you register using a UK based IP address
> to get a UK geographic number, maybe it's the same in Germany..?

No, it's not. During the registration on sipgate.de, Sipgate verifies
that your personal information (name, address) is correct.

Tor
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 9:46:28 PM

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo <bjo@pobox.com> wrote:
> Ivor Jones wrote:
>> I know that Sipgate require that you register using a UK based IP address
>> to get a UK geographic number, maybe it's the same in Germany..?
>
> No, it's not. During the registration on sipgate.de, Sipgate verifies
> that your personal information (name, address) is correct.

How? In Germany is there a failsafe process for private companies to find
out where people live?

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 35 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Latest photos: Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Israel, Palestine

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo wrote:
> Ivor Jones wrote:
>
>> I know that Sipgate require that you register using a UK based IP
>> address to get a UK geographic number, maybe it's the same in
>> Germany..?
>
> No, it's not. During the registration on sipgate.de, Sipgate
> verifies that your personal information (name, address) is correct.

Interesting. How do they do this..?

One of the points on the UK site specifically states that you do not need
to live in the UK to get a UK number, all they require is the initial
registration is done from a UK-based IP address.

Ivor
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 1:56:57 AM

Miguel Cruz wrote:

> How? In Germany is there a failsafe process for private companies to find
> out where people live?

Well, it depends, but for most people, it is possible to check if the
information they provide is valid. There is a German company called
SCHUFA, which was originally founded to provide credit evaluation and a
vast majority of the people living in Germany are somehow present in
their register. Since recently, they are also providing a simple "do
this person exist" service, which is used by e.g. Sipgate and eBay to
validate the registration data. I'm not sure how Sipgate is handling the
case that the data could not be validated. eBay will send you a
validation code by mail if SCHUFA is not able to verify your address.

Tor
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 7:49:20 AM

In the last three weeks somebody here asked for VoIP provider in CH,
then reported he's found one, do a search.
Regards,
Martin
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 3:49:06 PM

"Miguel Cruz" <mnc@admin.u.nu> wrote in message
news:p p6dnayq3f6pMdjfRVn-tA@speakeasy.net...

> How? In Germany is there a failsafe process for private companies to find
> out where people live?

In Germany (like in Finland) most financial transactions (paying your bills)
are done by direct wire transfer (Ɯberweisung). The receiver of the payment
gets verified information of the name of the account holder.

In Finland most banking is done on-line over the Interent. Banks also
provide a (free) on-line authentication service. You type in your banking
PIN and codes on an authentication web page, the organization requiring
authentication will receive your name an social security number.

(This prosess alone will not give your address though...)

--
Petri Krohn
Helsinki Neighborhood Networking Association

> One of the points on the UK site specifically states
> that you do not need
> to live in the UK to get a UK number, all they
> require is the initial
> registration is done from a UK-based IP address.

Only if you don't want a regional number.
If you are not a resident then you can only
get a 0845 or 0870 number.

I quote from sipgate.co.uk:

"Important: Customers who sign up with sipgate for
"geographic phone numbers in the UK, must reside
within the UK."
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 10:44:25 PM

david_ffm@mail.com wrote:
>> One of the points on the UK site specifically states
>> that you do not need
>> to live in the UK to get a UK number, all they
>> require is the initial
>> registration is done from a UK-based IP address.
>
> Only if you don't want a regional number.
> If you are not a resident then you can only
> get a 0845 or 0870 number.
>
> I quote from sipgate.co.uk:
>
> "Important: Customers who sign up with sipgate for
> "geographic phone numbers in the UK, must reside
> within the UK."

From the same site (help pages):

::sipgate doesn't offer any numbers in my city. Can I still use sipgate?

::Yes, sipgate works worldwide. You needn't even live in the city
::o r country your number is from. Anywhere you have a broadband
::Internet connection, you can use your sipgate account.

::For the 01 and 02 numbers (geographically based), you will need
::to do the initial registration from a British IP address.

Make of that what you will..!

Ivor

begin 666 trans.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`(#_`,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
`
end
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 1:14:35 PM

I don't know if this can help you... but you can have an US number and
the possibility to call unlimited overseas for a very low monthly rate
or even virtually ELIMINATE your long distance phone bill. And you
don't need to be a US citizen!

I'm not an US Citizen and I was looking how to reduce my phone bill to
call free my friends in Germany, and I found this Company. Now I'm so
happy, I can call them as much as I want without worried about the
phone bill!

This Company, which implements VoIP and WiFI technology,
offers you the latest technology in communications and saves you money
on domestic and international calls. The only thing you need is your
broadband Internet connection and you're ready TO SAVE money! (you
don't need a computer).

Please check out this opportunity for complete details at:
www.telextreme.com/181066/
or E-mail me at supremev...@gmail.com with any questions.

Best Wishes,
Supreme Voip
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 8:09:51 PM

supreme voip <supremevoip@gmail.com> wrote:
> This Company, which implements VoIP and WiFI technology, offers you the
> latest technology in communications and saves you money on domestic and
> international calls. The only thing you need is your broadband Internet
> connection and you're ready TO SAVE money! (you don't need a computer).

That'll be very handy for all those people who have broadband internet but
no computer.

miguel
Latest photos: Jordan, Turkey, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Israel
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 2:42:31 AM

Miguel Cruz wrote:
> supreme voip <supremevoip@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This Company, which implements VoIP and WiFI technology, offers
>> you the latest technology in communications and saves you money on
>> domestic and international calls. The only thing you need is your
>> broadband Internet connection and you're ready TO SAVE money! (you
>> don't need a computer).
>
> That'll be very handy for all those people who have broadband
> internet but no computer.

Some people don't like leaving computers on all the time. You don't want
your phone to stop working just because you've switched your computer off,
do you..?

Ivor
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 8:15:38 AM

Ivor Jones <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote:
> Miguel Cruz wrote:
>> supreme voip <supremevoip@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This Company, which implements VoIP and WiFI technology, offers
>>> you the latest technology in communications and saves you money on
>>> domestic and international calls. The only thing you need is your
>>> broadband Internet connection and you're ready TO SAVE money! (you
>>> don't need a computer).
>>
>> That'll be very handy for all those people who have broadband
>> internet but no computer.
>
> Some people don't like leaving computers on all the time. You don't want
> your phone to stop working just because you've switched your computer off,
> do you..?

No, of course not, and I use an ATA for precisely that reason. I found the
idea of not needing a computer at all to be incongruous though.

miguel
Latest photos: Jordan, Turkey, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Israel
June 6, 2005 6:32:09 PM

"Ivor Jones" <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote in message
> Robert Spielmann wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:46:43 +0100
>> "brix" <nia@nia.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Anyone knows how to have a zurich, wien, or frankfurt
>>> voip number?
>>>
>>> sipgate.at and .de don't offer numbers anymore, do you
>>> know other voip providers?
>>
>> We (in .de) have a RegTP regulation rule enforcing that a
>> "geographic" phone number may only be given out to a resident of
>> the corresponding area, hence people from Hamburg, Rio de Janeiro
>> or Planet Mars cannot get a phone number in FFM (for example) ;-)
>
> I know that Sipgate require that you register using a UK based IP address
> to get a UK geographic number, maybe it's the same in Germany..? If so,
> find someone in the area you want the number for to register an account
> using your name. If they do so from a computer with a "local" IP address
> it should work ok.
>
> Ivor

If all you need is a "local" IP address, check this site for a list of
proxies all over the world!

Most of them are free--just change your browser settings to route your
Internet use through the foreigh proxy, and you're on.

http://www.stayinvisible.com/index.pl/proxy_list
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 7:32:46 PM

"Ivor Jones" <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote in message
>I know that Sipgate require that you register using a UK based IP address
>to get a UK geographic number, maybe it's the same in Germany..? If so,
>find someone in the area you want the number for to register an account
>using your name.

In Germany, you also need a qualified proof that you live at the address
you gave them during application. They automatically inquire the SCHUFA
database about your name, address and date of birth.

(Information about SCHUFA in English as PDF:
http://www.schufa.de/downloads/EB_E.pdf )

Alternatively, you can send in a copy of your identity card (which
states your address and birthdate as well) or your last phone or gas
bills. (Just like you would do it in the UK to open an online bank account.)

So, it is not that easy.

VoIPBuster.com offers a free number in Germany, though. (Cologne area
code: +49-211, if you registered with a German address.)
You have to use their client softare -- but calls to many destinations
are free as long as you top up your account with ONE Euro. :-)

Cheers,
F.K.
!