Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 on acer e700

Last response: in Windows 7
April 27, 2011 5:12:01 PM

Will a new W7 (with new hard drive) work on Acer E700? Keeping hearing that there are problems. Acer says to not do it. Any tips would be appreciated.

More about : windows acer e700

Best solution

a c 366 $ Windows 7
April 28, 2011 3:33:41 PM

That system only has Vista drivers it looks like, maybe XP. Some Vista drivers work with Win 7. If you want to try it, go for it. Since you will try it on a separate hard-drive you have nothing to lose. You can't damage the hardware if Win 7 does not work, and if it does not, gut put in your oringinal drive.

I have to say that based on many posts here and experience, if a laptop does not have drivers for an OS, I will have issues with at least some of the hardware. Usually Video and/or Audio.
April 29, 2011 6:55:54 PM

hang-the-9 said:
That system only has Vista drivers it looks like, maybe XP. Some Vista drivers work with Win 7. If you want to try it, go for it. Since you will try it on a separate hard-drive you have nothing to lose. You can't damage the hardware if Win 7 does not work, and if it does not, gut put in your oringinal drive.

I have to say that based on many posts here and experience, if a laptop does not have drivers for an OS, I will have issues with at least some of the hardware. Usually Video and/or Audio.

This is a desktop. I heard of someone who said he did it, but it was a real pain in the butt. Acer will even tell you that they don't support 64 bit version of Vista on the E700 desktop. Generally, I find their support superficial and generally useless.
m
l
Related resources
a c 366 $ Windows 7
May 2, 2011 1:46:48 PM

They would support the base system as it came out of the factory, you won't get any support for an OS that they did not pre-install on the system. At times, even if there are drivers available, may vendors will say that they won't officialy provide support. I have to deal with vendors who refuse to help unless the systems are on XP SP2 and I.E. 6, even though their program works fine on SP3 and I.E. 7.
m
l
May 6, 2011 12:56:20 AM

Best answer selected by martinfl.
m
l
!