This just in FX62 beaten to a pulp!!!!

This just in:

"Idiot fanboys banned from Tom's Forumz in Droves!"

Fanboy 1: All I said was "Intel roxxors my boxxors!"

Fanboy 2: AMD RULEZ!! YOU CAN'T KEEP US DOWN!

Fanboy 3: I suppose that in hindsight, saying "Will suck for silicon" wasn't the greatest of my moments. I just wanted people to know how passionate I was to get my hands on Conroe instead of what I usually have them on when reading the benchmarks.

Fanboy 4: Lousy Intel bastards! I just KNOW they're behind this somehow.

Fanboy 5: I'm not a fanboy. I just buy AMD (Intel) because they are the best!

qurious69ss

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
Not a fanboy, just an employee. WWID 10439XXX. I look at it like this, if more people buy Intel, the better my chances are of not being layed off. :wink: Putting over 12 years into a company probably would qualify me as a fanboy though. :cry:

I just get tired of seeing these threads... on both sides. I've owned Intel systems in the past, but I've been with AMD since the Thunderbird days. (Well except once... I did have a P4 2.53 before I upgraded to a 3700+ San Diego).

If Conroe is as good as people say, then I may upgrade back to Intel when I have money.

RichPLS

Champion
8O At the performance still coming in...

:? :? :? MMM, 9nm, and the rest of the "horde" will most certainly build themselves up on the CAD/CAE design scores, where the $530 E6700 runs only a bit better than a true AM2 FX-62 at $1,100+, and of course, you must dis-regard the rest of the benchmarks... Intel rigged of course!!! :lol: :wink:

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
This just in...there's a report that a conroe has taken an FX62 to the back room and beat it to a pulp. Here is the report.

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/cpu/intel-conroe-2-13-ghz.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I demand that these benches be re-ran at exactly midnight of the vernal equinox. The FX-62 gets a special 30% performance boost from this special once-a-year alignment of the earths magnetic field in relation to the sun..... or so I hear.

qurious69ss

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006

:? :? :? MMM, 9nm, and the rest of the "horde" will most certainly build themselves up on the CAD/CAE design scores, where the $530 E6700 runs only a bit better than a true AM2 FX-62 at $1,100+, and of course, you must dis-regard the rest of the benchmarks... Intel rigged of course!!! :lol: :wink:

This is kind of the point that I was trying to make. I think that we have enough independent web sites, some very reputable, that have benchmarked the core2 and have gotten the same or close to what the Intel setup got at the IDF. I want to make sure that people don't take MMM and sharikou for what they say as gospel when they hammer down on Intel rigging the benchmarks.

P.S. 9nm doesn't count since he falls under the idiot bin.

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006

What you guys still dont get is once this $530 core processor actually is released, and lives up to the hype that it has similiar and/or better performance than the FX62, then AMD wont be selling the FX62 for $1100, they will be selling it for $500. You cant charge twice the money for a inferior product, it doesnt work that way. You get what you pay for, thats why Intel has lowered their prices 60% on their netburst crapola, cause its inferior to the A64. This kind of competition is awesome for us cause whether your an Intel or AMD fan, you win either way. :lol:

Oh by the way the FX62 is $1385 at newegg.
My whole system including lcd monitor didnt cost that much.

qurious69ss

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I just get tired of seeing these threads... on both sides. I've owned Intel systems in the past, but I've been with AMD since the Thunderbird days. (Well except once... I did have a P4 2.53 before I upgraded to a 3700+ San Diego).

If Conroe is as good as people say, then I may upgrade back to Intel when I have money.

Well actually the title I used is kind of like a trap that lures the likes of shorikuo and MMM out of their egocentric blogs and into a....shall we say more fair and balanced environment. :D

mjp1618

Distinguished
May 7, 2006

What you guys still dont get is once this $530 core processor actually is released, and lives up to the hype that it has similiar and/or better performance than the FX62, then AMD wont be selling the FX62 for $1100, they will be selling it for $500. You cant charge twice the money for a inferior product, it doesnt work that way. You get what you pay for, thats why Intel has lowered their prices 60% on their netburst crapola, cause its inferior to the A64. This kind of competition is awesome for us cause whether your an Intel or AMD fan, you win either way. :lol:

What you still don't get is that there is no way AMD is going to sell their FX processors for $500. That would be great, but they can't afford to do it. If AMD cut prices to match Conroe performance, they will go bankrupt.

BTW, even though I don't think it will happen, I surely would be happy if you are right. I won't mind getting an FX62 for $500. But then, I would still probably choose the Conroe because it consumes less power and overclocks better..... :) So probably AMD should price it at $300.

This just in...there's a report that a conroe has taken an FX62 to the back room and beat it to a pulp. Here is the report.

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/cpu/intel-conroe-2-13-ghz.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meh, so what...blah, blah, blah...same old, same old, same old...

Well actually the title I used is kind of like a trap that lures the likes of shorikuo and MMM out of their egocentric blogs and into a....shall we say more fair and balanced environment. :D
Might be time to find another hobby...

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

This is kind of the point that I was trying to make. I think that we have enough independent web sites, some very reputable, that have benchmarked the core2 and have gotten the same or close to what the Intel setup got at the IDF. I want to make sure that people don't take MMM and sharikou for what they say as gospel when they hammer down on Intel rigging the benchmarks.

P.S. 9nm doesn't count since he falls under the idiot bin.
MMM and Sharikou are fanboy friends. They even have internet blogs where they pretend and spread mis-information. They claim all the benchmarks are fake because of the RAM used. Apparently some special magical RAM gives the FX62 at 600% boost.. enabling it to beat the Conroe.

It's all FUD.

Conroe is better then the K8... time to live with it for all the fanboys out there. We all upgrade to Intel... this keeps Intel afloat.. then next gen if AMD is better we go back AMD.. this ensures both companies work for our benefit.

Why would anyone stick to a single company?!

RichPLS

Champion

What you guys still dont get is once this $530 core processor actually is released, and lives up to the hype that it has similar and/or better performance than the FX62, then AMD wont be selling the FX62 for $1100, they will be selling it for $500. You cant charge twice the money for a inferior product, it doesnt work that way. You get what you pay for, that's why Intel has lowered their prices 60% on their netburst crapola, cause its inferior to the A64. This kind of competition is awesome for us cause whether your an Intel or AMD fan, you win either way. :lol:

My whole system including LCD monitor didnt cost that much.

What you still don't get is that there is no way AMD is going to sell their FX processors for $500. That would be great, but they can't afford to do it. If AMD cut prices to match Conroe performance, they will go bankrupt.

BTW, even though I don't think it will happen, I surely would be happy if you are right. I won't mind getting an FX62 for $500. But then, I would still probably choose the Conroe because it consumes less power and overclocks better..... :) So probably AMD should price it at $300.

Exactly... the truth is out there...
AMD, I believe will lower the FX-62 eventually to a poultry $900 or so, in about 6 months...
either way, they are just beginning the long drop of hemmoraging even more cash as a result, because they have not recouped their initial investments, and the future is looking extremely red/bleak for AMD's future...
all the while Intel is solidly in the black, and looks forward to continuing to reap profits, a large portion of which will be from AMD's back...

...either way, they are just beginning the long drop of hemmoraging even more cash as a result, because they have not recouped their initial investments, and the future is looking extremely red/bleak for AMD's future...

Also...
If AMD cut prices to match Conroe performance, they will go bankrupt.

Can I borrow the same crystal ball you guys are staring into to get this info...the NJ lottery is up to 7.5M and I'd really like to not have to work for a living anymore...I'll return it the moment I cash my check, I promise!

Fagaru

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
this is what i gotta say, N00bs, its intel rigged, just like that one benchmark they did, they prolly running SSE2 so they can get an advantage..sure maybe theur better, but i wont buy it until i c tom do the benchmarking and have them with the SAME variables. no advantage to either cpu!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
I predict that Conroe will rule the 64-bit also...

Most probable.. considering Conroe will support all the x86-64 instructions that AMD64 support.

Also, as we've noticed prior, 64bit has VERY little impact on performance. Currently SSE, SSE2, SSE3 and now SSE4 optimisations are extremely important in Multi-CPU environments.

Then there's the ability to fuse Micro Ops now that's interesting.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
What you guys still dont get is once this $530 core processor actually is released, and lives up to the hype that it has similiar and/or better performance than the FX62, then AMD wont be selling the FX62 for $1100, they will be selling it for $500.

That's one I'll have to see to believe. My guess is that sales will head towards zero and production of FX-62s will cease. You really think the margin is that high so that AMD could possibly make such a huge price cut?

You cant charge twice the money for a inferior product, it doesnt work that way.

Then you need to lower your $500 estimate even lower. If the $530 Conroe is 15-20% faster than the FX62, then AMD would have to drop their price to maybe $250 to be competitive because they would really be competing with the ~$300 Conroe. Or maybe even the next model down. A $250 FX... I'll take two!

This kind of competition is awesome for us cause whether your an Intel or AMD fan, you win either way. :lol:

True, as long as the whole house of cards don't crumble.

I shake my head and wonder who needs that CPU so badly?

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
You cant charge twice the money for a inferior product, it doesnt work that way.

Actually you can. Ever looked at the premium placed on Sony products or even Intel products in the past (the EE's weren't exactly the cream of the crop for a lot of things). Some people pay for the name rather than what they are getting, there are tons of examples of this...

I'm sure relatively few will do so for AMD as it has less of a brand support but...

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Have you been in a cave for the past 6 months? This is very old news.

Yeah, we've already seen this posted 3,459,932 times. Where have you been.

I'll personally make you eat those words in the near future. :lol:

Why cant you guys wait to post this crap when Conroe actually exists.
I mean when its a product that one can actually buy off the shelf like the FX series. Cause I gotta tell ya after reading this crystal ball stuff for month after month, post after endless fanboy post, Intel has yet to release anything that can beat the FX.
Just wait till its release then talk all you want about Intel being the king. Cause I gotta tell ya it would be cool to see Intel not getting walked all over buy AMD at least once like they have been for the last 3 years.