Microsoft Gave Everyone at BUILD Free Surface RT, Lumia 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
wow, msft are really pulling out all the stops. i hope they've succeeded in making quality products. i'll be checking out the lumia 920 when my contract is up.

Novulux

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
[citation][nom]goodegg[/nom]Apple only ever gives it's stuff away to schools. I guess they don't care about the important things.[/citation]

Do they really still do that at all? I only recall them offering their products at a reduced price, still enough to make a hefty profit, though.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
It kinda bites that it starts to get people that only go to these for the swag
[citation][nom]goodegg[/nom]Apple only ever gives it's stuff away to schools. I guess they don't care about the important things.[/citation]Unlike the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which is somehow connected to Microsoft

[citation][nom]Novulux[/nom]Do they really still do that at all? I only recall them offering their products at a reduced price, still enough to make a hefty profit, though.[/citation]

nope. just went to my elementary school and asked the admin who configures ipads. they have to buy at regular prices. and we have 40 ipads and like 50 ipods. just think of the money apple makes

gfair

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Shin-san[/nom]It kinda bites that it starts to get people that only go to these for the swagUnlike the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which is somehow connected to Microsoft[/citation]

Not connected at all. If Bill wanted his philanthropy and company connected, he would have donated through Microsoft, not set up an entire foundation with a different name to do so.

gfair

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
[citation][nom]TheBigTroll[/nom]and how apple is advertising to little kids, making them lifetime customers[/citation]

Hundreds and thousands of companies market to children, but can you cite an example of how Apple is marketing to kids? I don't see that in any of their marketing or advertising.

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
[citation][nom]gfair[/nom]Hundreds and thousands of companies market to children, but can you cite an example of how Apple is marketing to kids? I don't see that in any of their marketing or advertising.[/citation]Yeah, putting Apple products in the hands of kids and teachers at schools isn't a marketing opportunity at all.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]TheBigTroll[/nom]and how apple is advertising to little kids, making them lifetime slaves[/citation]
There, fixed it for you.

when apple comes along (or just the school board) and tries to replace every pc possible with a Ipad or a macbook, its brainwashing. i can even find a full cart (20+ laptops) sitting in the storage room. they arent crappy netbooks, but workstation laptops. not to mention how much apple stuff (and stickers) lying around the school.

it may not be apples fault but really they are purging schools of pcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts