HarryRockwell

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
I have been having lagspike issues ever since i came home from Georgia. I just built this computer when i was home on leave(first build, thanks for all the pointers!). I never had any network issues or anything, however i plugged it up here at home(in Louisianna) and it spikes every 10 seconds or so(for about 4-5 secs), then goes clear.

Computer Specs:
Athlon x2 4200 CPU
7900GT
2 gig Corsair XMS
1 WD Raptor 74gig HD
1 Seagate 250gig HD

Actions Taken:

Firewall is turned off
Have repaired connected
Have reset the modem/ and the connection several times
Have rebooted several times
Called my cable company and told them of the problem and they said my signal/connection was good and that it must be on my end.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Its driving me nuts. I have tried everything i can think of to deal with this. Help please!

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I have been having lagspike issues ever since i came home from Georgia. I just built this computer when i was home on leave(first build, thanks for all the pointers!). I never had any network issues or anything, however i plugged it up here at home(in Louisianna) and it spikes every 10 seconds or so(for about 4-5 secs), then goes clear.

Computer Specs:
Athlon x2 4200 CPU
7900GT
2 gig Corsair XMS
1 WD Raptor 74gig HD
1 Seagate 250gig HD

Actions Taken:

Firewall is turned off
Have repaired connected
Have reset the modem/ and the connection several times
Have rebooted several times
Called my cable company and told them of the problem and they said my signal/connection was good and that it must be on my end.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Its driving me nuts. I have tried everything i can think of to deal with this. Help please!

1) Faulty NIC card sending out bad packets
2) Virus/Spyware
3) Cable is shared, so tons of people in the neighborhood using it.
4) Bad/Pinced Cat5 cable

Only 4 things I can think of on the top of my head.