Pentagon to Move From BlackBerry to Android, iPhones

Status
Not open for further replies.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]Dumb , berry is still the most secure of all the mobile os , well get ready to enjoy hackfest. Who made this decision?[/citation]

If government emails or documents get leaked or hacked into from iOS or Android...that will likely mean the government will have to reconsider BlackBerry and in the long run potentially waste tax dollars if those platforms prove to be too insecure.

One contract the Pentagon should consider should be BlackBerry Mobile Fusion since it allows any iOS, Android or BB device access to their secure network.

mynameis1

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
rim needs to focus on getting software out there or even consider licenseing their fusion software to other platforms.. they should stop the hardware end its too late now, the industry has moved on and they still don't have bb10 out.

machvelocy

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]Dumb , berry is still the most secure of all the mobile os , well get ready to enjoy hackfest. Who made this decision?[/citation]
b-b-but they need to spend those taxpayers money anyway...

compuservant

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
I can understand the move to the iPhone, probably the iPhone 4, it has BBM functionality already and is a closed system. Android is open source that is already rife with malware. I see no sense in the DOD contracting for Android devices.
BTW, did you notice, no one is choosing the W8 phone/platform? Microsoft should start looking for a spot in the trashbin of history, right next to AOL.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
[citation][nom]eric dane[/nom]what Maria responded I didnt know that people can get paid $7348 in one month on the internet. have you seen this site link try37.cΟm[/citation]

1st, There is NO MARIA,

2nd, How dumb do you think people are? 7k in month o_0

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
I agree that Android is a terrible choice. At least with windows/iphone there is someone to call when things break.

This is a big missed opportunity for Microsoft. This is where they had a chance to outshine Apple.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]wildkitten[/nom]This is not a comforting move. Nothing in government should be running off open source software. Just way to many risks involved.[/citation]
Heard of that Linux thing that most servers run on? Ignorance abounds......open source is no less secure than closed source, arguably it is more so as the code is heavily vetted by more than just the QA department of Apple or Microsoft

You'd think the military would be the last place where this kind of unnecessary populist move would happen, but I guess the servicemen really need a new way to become the next Bradley Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS