Asus post reporter problem

razvanz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
I have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ processor(barton core). Now the problem is that I keep hearing the post reporter lady saying: "System failed cpu test!" in an endless loop, and the thing is that my computer runs smoothly, I don't get any errors in windows or linux. I don't know what to do anymore, it drives me crazy, to stop it I had to mute the master volume control on the onboard soundcard.
Please Help!!!!

airvents

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
never ever ever ever heard of that before.....ever........is it right away when you boot or when u get into windows?....weird....never ever.....

razvanz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
Well the cpu voltage is set on auto in the bios, but the bios automatically sets the cpu core voltage at 1.70V which is higher than the normal athlon xp with barton core (it must be 1.65V). The thing is that even if I set the cpu core voltage manually at 1.65V the cpu volatge is still 1.70V in both windows and the bios, but that didn't cause any troubles until now.
Oh and I hear the message "System failed cpu test" when the computer boots and when I'm in windows, it doesn't matter, but the computer runs fine. I just don't get it. What's wrong. It must be something wrong.

razvanz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
Well the cpu voltage is set on auto in the bios, but the bios automatically sets the cpu core voltage at 1.70V which is higher than the normal athlon xp with barton core (it must be 1.65V). The thing is that even if I set the cpu core voltage manually at 1.65V the cpu volatge is still 1.70V in both windows and the bios, but that didn't cause any troubles until now.
Oh and I hear the message "System failed cpu test" when the computer boots and when I'm in windows, it doesn't matter, but the computer runs fine. I just don't get it. What's wrong. It must be something wrong.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Well, if it bothers you to hear it, should be able to shut off the speech POST in the bios.

Bios settings differ, but mine is located under Advance > I/O device config.

I know I run mine turned off, that ladies voice drives me up the wall. :lol:

ttibbetts

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Razvanz, Just turn off asus post report . I have built at least 20 computers using the A7N8X-E deluxe and it all depends on the power supply and the motherboard . Most of them overclock by .03 to .05 volts and cause it to error but the system is fine and you do not have a problem . My second computer is a xp 3000 on a A7N8X-E deluxe and it will error everytime I boot it if I leave speech post report on but it has run fine since that motherboard first came out .

razvanz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
The Asus post reporter was turned off in the bios but I could still hear the lady's voice telling me that message so I've tried something else: I've isolated my motherboard from the chase and it seems to have worked for the moment. I can't hear the post reporter lady anymore, at least for now. I will post again if it comes up after a while.

razvanz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
The Asus post reporter was turned off in the bios but I could still hear the lady's voice telling me that message so I've tried something else: I've isolated my motherboard from the chase and it seems to have worked for the moment. I can't hear the post reporter lady anymore, at least for now. I will post again if it comes up after a while.