Down with the dual core

Wrong

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
8O
I just can't help disliking the idea of dual and multi core processors. just imagine a united states of America with two presidents. come on intel/amd, there have to be better things you can do with your dies. just imagine putting a few megs of addressable memory on those cou's instead of extra cores. apps are going to fly, whether single or multi tasking.
what do you think?

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
What does having two presidents have to do with processors? Multi core processors are a great idea, the ability to run more threads on a single chip. You had better get used to it because they are not going away.

commanderspockep

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
This illogic makes my vulcan head hurt. Just imagine the starship enterprise having two captains...must stop mindmeld :twisted:

You know you shouldn't compare apples with oranges...well in this case corn with a tropical passion fruit.

Fox_granit

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
Man if stupidity was contagious, you would be the super carrier, flying around the world and passing it to every n00b on the planet. If your frustrated with your own machine, instead of complaining about it, try......I dunno.......FIXING IT? Besides would you like to fly in a jumbo jet that only has one engine? or how about riding on a motorized unicycle? Love to see ya pop a tire on that one.....

If you don't understand the advancements in tech., THEN READ ON IT. Don’t make a comment without some background knowledge, or at least ask a question before you criticize......

lcdguy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
If you are so against dual core then what do you think of amd's planned quad core chips ?.

the advantage of a Dual core system is that you get 2 physical cores to run processes which in turn boosts the speed that the computer can process data anyday.

Personally i'll take my dual core opteron over any single core chip, Period.

Also this post is worthless, and i should bill wrong for my time :D

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
So you think that we should only run 1 thread at any given time instead of having the ability to run 2 at the same time? If you are talking about performance last time I checked running 2 threads at the same time is much better than only having one.

syn1kk

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
I did try to post an intelligible comment with a wikipedia page. Please view the page and read some wikipedia. You will be much more informed and happy because you have learned something new!

Then you can avoid embarrasing comments.

----------

But I will say this it is not constructive for 20 thirty people to just be complete aholes. I'm sure all of you were not as knowledgable at one point!

Wrong

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
I did try to post an intelligible comment with a wikipedia page. Please view the page and read some wikipedia. You will be much more informed and happy because you have learned something new!

Then you can avoid embarrasing comments.

----------

But I will say this it is not constructive for 20 thirty people to just be complete aholes. I'm sure all of you were not as knowledgable at one point!

sorry I broke your hearts by criticizing dual core. but don't worry, I'll give you something better to play with, babies!

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
i dont mean to be ofensive to anyone...but ....is it me or people nowedays are geting .....what was that politicaly correct term....mentaly chalenged (stupid)

lcdguy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
well you just go on ahead in the slow grandma driving land and us dual core's will speed pass in our beamers. But seriously your post sounds nothing but the ramblings of a loaner with nothing better to do then to just sit on this forum all day making pointless remarks about how old technology is better.