Down with the dual core

8O
I just can't help disliking the idea of dual and multi core processors. just imagine a united states of America with two presidents. come on intel/amd, there have to be better things you can do with your dies. just imagine putting a few megs of addressable memory on those cou's instead of extra cores. apps are going to fly, whether single or multi tasking.
what do you think?
122 answers Last reply
More about down dual core
  1. Down with stupid posts.
  2. Worst example ever.
  3. The irony. n00bs are already multi-n00b - they're everywhere - and they have the cheek to complain about miserly dual core.
  4. Now that's a good comparison.
  5. What does having two presidents have to do with processors? Multi core processors are a great idea, the ability to run more threads on a single chip. You had better get used to it because they are not going away.
  6. This illogic makes my vulcan head hurt. Just imagine the starship enterprise having two captains...must stop mindmeld :twisted:

You know you shouldn't compare apples with oranges...well in this case corn with a tropical passion fruit.
  7. I love corn.
  8. :roll: Whatever next? 2 cores in one cpu wow. FFS stop posting useless threads. :roll:
  9. Incidentally, Action man, i noticed in a previous post somewhere, no one seems to like trex. Well I do
  10. Such an idi... ignorant post. Please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-threading and then understand that the more threads you have means the worse performance with a single processor.
  11. Man if stupidity was contagious, you would be the super carrier, flying around the world and passing it to every n00b on the planet. If your frustrated with your own machine, instead of complaining about it, try......I dunno.......FIXING IT? Besides would you like to fly in a jumbo jet that only has one engine? or how about riding on a motorized unicycle? Love to see ya pop a tire on that one.....

If you don't understand the advancements in tech., THEN READ ON IT. Don’t make a comment without some background knowledge, or at least ask a question before you criticize......
  12. If you are so against dual core then what do you think of amd's planned quad core chips ?.

the advantage of a Dual core system is that you get 2 physical cores to run processes which in turn boosts the speed that the computer can process data anyday.

Personally i'll take my dual core opteron over any single core chip, Period.

Also this post is worthless, and i should bill wrong for my time :D
  13. Wrong eh, like your name, I think you are wrong also. :roll:
  14. Any knowledgable posts would be welcome
  15. WOW ! Along with this post............ two jerkoffs in one day...... geesh

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Conroe-Bug-revealed-ftopict188241.html
  16. Quote:
    Any knowledgable posts would be welcome

So why are you posting?
  17. So you think that we should only run 1 thread at any given time instead of having the ability to run 2 at the same time? If you are talking about performance last time I checked running 2 threads at the same time is much better than only having one.
  18. I did try to post an intelligible comment with a wikipedia page. Please view the page and read some wikipedia. You will be much more informed and happy because you have learned something new!

Then you can avoid embarrasing comments.

----------

But I will say this it is not constructive for 20 thirty people to just be complete aholes. I'm sure all of you were not as knowledgable at one point!
  19. Quote:
    I did try to post an intelligible comment with a wikipedia page. Please view the page and read some wikipedia. You will be much more informed and happy because you have learned something new!

Then you can avoid embarrasing comments.

----------

But I will say this it is not constructive for 20 thirty people to just be complete aholes. I'm sure all of you were not as knowledgable at one point!

sorry I broke your hearts by criticizing dual core. but don't worry, I'll give you something better to play with, babies!
  20. i dont mean to be ofensive to anyone...but ....is it me or people nowedays are geting .....what was that politicaly correct term....mentaly chalenged (stupid)
  21. well you just go on ahead in the slow grandma driving land and us dual core's will speed pass in our beamers. But seriously your post sounds nothing but the ramblings of a loaner with nothing better to do then to just sit on this forum all day making pointless remarks about how old technology is better.
  22. Multi-cores are a great idea. Current apps haven't taken full advantage of them yet.
  23. i think it may be to fast you know dual disk drives, maybe something like a PET or a Coleco :D
  24. I have witnessed another human who has a terrible, terrible genetic disorder (Encephalitis Stupiditus). Oh, if it weren't hereditary, I would send him a copy of "Idiot's guide to Life", but unfortunately, things aren't that simple. I'm afraid a lobotomy is the only way to help him! :twisted:
  25. You're comparing technology with politics.

I think you need to stop watching foxnews...

Quote:
    8O
    I just can't help disliking the idea of dual and multi core processors. just imagine a united states of America with two presidents. come on intel/amd, there have to be better things you can do with your dies. just imagine putting a few megs of addressable memory on those cou's instead of extra cores. apps are going to fly, whether single or multi tasking.
    what do you think?
  26. I am glad you are not leading Intel or AMD. I can see it now, "screw innovation! Just add more memory!."
  27. Babies? Babies? :roll: your the one crying about the "problems" with dual cores. Maybe if you had some inteligent proof to back up your umm.... i dunno.....conspiracy theory.... then maybe you would realize that they can't really go much faster on silicon now, so the only way to increase productivity and "speed" is by installing multiple cores......

Your lack of inteligence doesn't suprise me, Wrong, but your boldness has to be compared to uber idiots to keep people coming back to flame you. Any inteligent person has to have an open mind. If you can't accept the future, then go back and die in the past. Stop waisting our time here with idiotic comments and posts, we are actually here to help people, or to talk with inteligent people who back up their opinions with fact.

Go back to playing Pong and leave the future to people who understand whats happening.......
  28. Quote:
    (...) I'm afraid a lobotomy is the only way to help him! :twisted:

"Down with the dual hemisphere brain", would probably be more appropriate :wink:

Just to make it a little bit more interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobotomy

mind to check the "Phineas Gage" link, also.

I'm not trying to be the spearhead of the Portuguese culture, here... but, lobotomy reminded me something... (haven't done mine, yet! :D )

Cheers!
  29. this guy is trolling so hard.
  30. This computer may be better for him:

The person in the picture can show you how to use it.
    Don't worry!! Although there are multiple beads, it is single core if you want it to be!
  31. I didn't bother reading thru the following posts because I knew it would be nothing but slamming the original poster. But, I will add insult to injury.
    Is this guy serious? Or is he just trying to make a post that will be "popular" even if they're all hate-posts? I vote he chops off one of his legs and see how well he can run with one, instead of two.
  32. Quote:
    "Down with the dual hemisphere brain", would probably be more appropriate :wink:

Heheheh... good point. Perhaps his two lobes have fused together, therefore rendering him unable to comprehend anything beyond the number 1, thus explaining his hate for dual-core processors. I think total brain removal and replacement is required for this person I think. :twisted:
  33. Quote:
    Incidentally, Action man, i noticed in a previous post somewhere, no one seems to like trex. Well I do

Woot!
  34. Quote:
    This computer may be better for him:

Don't worry!! Although there are multiple beads, it is single core if you want it to be!

Dude check out the total low-rez display.
  35. Quote:
    This computer may be better for him:

Dude check out the total low-rez display.

I want some 3DMark2005 and SuperPi scores for that 'beast' :lol:
  36. Dude, are you serious? You have to be the most intellectually undeveloped creature to walk the face of the earth in the form of a disembodied gender-defying sea cucumber. Although I will agree about the memory but hey, isn't that what conroe has with the 4MB L2 cache? Or what about the montecito with the dual 12MB L2 cache. I think you need to do your research before spitting out these pathetic gripes.
  37. Quote:
    Such an idi... ignorant post. Please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-threading and then understand that the more threads you have means the worse performance with a single processor.

Why do people cite wikipedia? <a href=http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/15/wikipedia_can_damage_your_grades/> Avoid Wikipedia, warns Wikipedia chief </a> Not exactly confidence inspiring.
  38. Haven't you geniouses thought about some facts:

Technology for making dual core CPU's is NOT advanced or new in any way.

Software development is estimated to be about 40% more work developing for dualcore.

Why have the PC industry stayed with singlecore for so very long until they ran out of options?

The commodore amiga had multiple processors- where is that now?

Sure you can have a hundred cores but you still have to coordinate all the work and no process can run faster than the single core its on.

YOU are going to pay for this.
  39. Now this is true. It is more work to make software that will run with multi-core processors or multi-processor systems. But the idea is that instead of spending a crapload of money on a dual or quad processor system you can spend it on 1 or 2 dual cores. It's just about efficiency here. And yes I get your idea of the Commodore Amiga but I doubt many of us are going to be using hundreds of processors.
  40. The USA with 2 presidents? w00t! GO DUAL-CORE!
  41. Quote:
    8O
    I just can't help disliking the idea of dual and multi core processors.

Fair enough. Everyone's entitled to his own opinion.

Quote:
    just imagine a united states of America with two presidents.

Ok. I'll leave that one up to you.

Quote:
    come on intel/amd, there have to be better things you can do with your dies.

Yes, there are; but they won't tell you.

Quote:
    just imagine putting a few megs of addressable memory on those cou's instead of extra cores.

CPUs already have addressable memory...

Quote:
    apps are going to fly, whether single or multi tasking.

Apps already fly, with dual-cores.

Quote:
    what do you think?

Well, I think you're Wrong. Aren't you?!

Now, after this scalpel, what do you think of your thread?

Sometimes, even a ill-expressed idea might be a good idea. You've been right for a long while; you might be right in the future (who knows?); right now, you're Wrong! :wink:

Cheers!
  42. What is really sad is not that this guy doesn't know much about why AMD and Intel have dual core processors, the sad part is all of these people are claiming to be better than Wrong because of his lack of knowledge, calling him stupid and so forth over and over. Instead of bashing on him like the previous 2-15 (or however many people posted before you) just explain to him why it is better to have two cores. You don't know Wrong, maybe your bashing and name calling can have some kind of affect on him. Oh and before you go claiming your superior to everyone else like most of the people in this thread has, check out your own intelligence, for example your grammar/communication skills most of you "superior intelligant people" have.
  43. Quote:
    Haven't you geniouses thought about some facts:

Technology for making dual core CPU's is NOT advanced or new in any way.

First off, I think we all should thank you for the compliment.

And, of course that's not correct. A lot of new techniques/technology has been put into dual-core approaches, from the interconnects to shared caches, from coherency-solving tricks to routing logic...

Quote:
    Software development is estimated to be about 40% more work developing for dualcore.

Software always lagged behind hardware; however, had programmers stayed put, you wouldn't even have single-threaded apps, now would you?!

Quote:
    Why have the PC industry stayed with singlecore for so very long until they ran out of options?

Single-cores were cheaper to make but very limited (frequency vs thermal issues, for instance); options are aplenty, from HyperThreading to ops-fusion, from dual-core to new process & manufacturing technologies.

Quote:
    The commodore amiga had multiple processors- where is that now?

Yes, each chip performing a specific task; now, you have redundant/specific units in a single chip... and, that's quite an achievement, don't you think?!

Quote:
    Sure you can have a hundred cores but you still have to coordinate all the work and no process can run faster than the single core its on.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a CPU/GPU/PPU/RAM/whatever in a single... die?!

Quote:
    YOU are going to pay for this.

As always.

Cheers!
  44. I'm pretty sure this thread is a joke. There is no way this guy intended/expected to be taken seriously. Why is anyone even attempting to make intelligent responses to him? Oh well, I guess it is fun tearing a n00b a new one every once in a while. Or in some people's case, every day.

A word of advice to the n00b: Don't do this again. It is a waste of everyone's time, and only leaves you out there to be thrashed. At least do a little research and thinking before you state something so obviously incorrect that it causes such a contest for n00b-slamming supremacy.

Or do it, and be the laughing stock of the community.
  45. Quote:
    What is really sad is not that this guy doesn't know much about why AMD and Intel have dual core processors, the sad part is all of these people are claiming to be better than Wrong because of his lack of knowledge, calling him stupid and so forth over and over. Instead of bashing on him like the previous 2-15 (or however many people posted before you) just explain to him why it is better to have two cores. You don't know Wrong, maybe your bashing and name calling can have some kind of affect on him. Oh and before you go claiming your superior to everyone else like most of the people in this thread has, check out your own intelligence, for example your grammar/communication skills most of you "superior intelligant people" have.

You know, you're new at this forum, as I once was (I still am, on what concerns knowledge); I've learned a lot & I intend to learn even more. And, I try to help, be helped & have some fun. You'll get used to the moods if you keep going.

But, you must be careful with what you post; condescendence only goes as deep as idiocy doesn't overlap. That applies to everyone equally, of course. :wink:

Cheers!
  46. im sure i will be laughed at here,or im just completely wrong,dual core is brilliant yes but most of the games now arent multithreaded and a lot of games have higher fps with just a single core. i know dual core can perform as well as single core in games its just an observation
  47. I won't flame you, as you are already burned. Just the same, here is a better compairison, using your example:

Dual Core isn't like a country having two Presidents. That implies that the country has the same amount of resources, but two leaders dividing the resources up. Instead, it'd be like the country was given twice the revenue (double the resources/dual core) and the same amount of workload to spend it on.

Make sense?
  48. Quote:
    I would send him a copy of "Idiot's guide to Life :twisted:

Why do you even own this?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors Dual Core